MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading

Thread: A Black Life Who Mattered - Roy Innis Was One of the Good Guys

over the hill, out in the woods and far away

A Black Life Who Mattered - Roy Innis Was One of the Good Guys

Roy Innis, a politically conservative civil rights leader who tussled philosophically – and physically,in one memorable televised encounter involving the Rev. Al Sharpton – with other activists during an embattled, decades-long tenure at the helm of the Congress of Racial Equality, died Jan. 8 at a hospital in New York City. He was 82...

Mr. Innis traced his philosophy to the shooting deaths of two sons – Roy Innis Jr., who died at 13 while playing outside in 1968, and Alexander Innis,who died at 26 in 1982 in what the Associated Press described as an apparent robbery.

“After the murders of my sons I did not want other parents to go through what I went through,” Mr. Innis told Newsday in 1993. “My sons were not killed by the KKK or David Duke. They were murdered by young, black thugs. I use the murder of my sons by black hoodlums to shift the problems from excuses like the KKK to the dope pushers on the streets.”

...Gun control, he told blacks, “was not meant to protect your safety; it was meant to deprive you of your freedom.”

He was a board member of the National Rifle Association.Affirmative action, he argued, worked against the advances of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which outlawed discrimination in employment...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...a6b_story.html
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

A shame and loss. He ranked as one of my "Hero's", not because he had dark skin tone, rather because he was a man who thought through issues and had respect for the US Constitution, the rule of law, and individual Freedom and Liberty. One has to ask, why is his passing not a major news item in the written and electronic media? Seems if one is an agitator, self aggrandizing, of low moral character, and has their hand out (Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, et.al. come to mind) then large periods of morning and constant media attention will be the plan of the day when their final day comes.

Prayers for the Innis family for their loss.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Very sorry to learn of his passing!

Boolit Master
    Sad news. Mr. Innis was a fellow chemist, among his other accomplishments.

I still have a VCR tape around here somewhere of him strangling that skinny White Aryan Skinhead Resistance creep who called him an "Uncle Tom" on Geraldo Rivera's afternoon TV show. A general dust-up ensued, at the end of which, Geraldo came out with an allegedly busted nose. Just desserts in both cases, good for Roy!

That was the only episode of "Geraldo" I ever bothered watching.

Boolit Mold
    Godspeed Mr. Innis

Boolit Grand Master

A father robbed of witnessing his sons grown and producing grandchildren, united again.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

You are quite right, Mr. Innis, individuals DO have the Right of Self Defense. From a fellow chemist, requiescat in pace.
    ~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+
    There is no such thing as too many tools, especially when it comes to casting and reloading.
    Howard Hughes said: "He who has the tools rules".

Safe casting and shooting!

Linstrum, member F.O.B.C. (Fraternal Order of Boolit Casters), Shooters.com alumnus, and original alloutdoors.com survivor.