Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
    20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

The central theme of the Christian faith is the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is the one thing that separates Christianity from any other religion. All others can be traced back to a man whose bones are buried in the earth. Christians have the singular joy of celebrating an empty tomb.

Paul testifies that the resurrected Christ was seen by the twelve disciples, then by as many as 500 others and finally himself. Josephus, the secular historian even gives testimony in his writings as to the resurrection of Christ. All but one of the original Apostles were martyred for their faith in the risen Savior. People have died for many causes over the centuries, but no one lays down his life for what he believes to be a lie.

Even Jesus Himself prophesied that He would rise from the dead. He said, "tear down this temple (His body) and I will raise it up in three days". Yes, if Christ is not raised from the dead, our faith is vain, we are still dead in our sins and we are of all people most miserable.

Living He loved us, dying He saved us, buried He carried our sins far away. Rising, He justified us freely forever. Someday, He's coming oh glorious day
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Super Moderator Emeritus
    That is the central issue of our faith, salvation and eternal life.
    I believe God raised Jesus and I thank him everyday for loving me enough to save my soul.
    Thank you Father for saving me.
    Amen

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you Jim . Amen
    No turning back , No turning back !

Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen for a great truth.

Moderator Emeritus

This is the "elephant rifle" of our faith, and the basis for all the hope and promises we've been given. Thanks. This one strikes the very heart of all we are and believe in. And just as stated, what separates us from all other philosophies and "religions" of the world. And thank God for a risen Savior! Without Him, we probably wouldn't be here, or even been born.