MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Husqvarna double barrel

Boolit Master

Husqvarna double barrel

Have many of you have Swedish Husqwarna Doubles?
    I only have good experience with them.
    I borrowed mine to a friend and hopefully get it back after the end of rabit season.
    It has served me well in many ocations.

Any experiences?

S

Boolit Master
    My friend was lucky.
    Aparently he got a rabit with my fine double barrel!

S

In Remembrance

I don't have one. But would love to see pictures of yours!
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Husquarna made some very good side by side shotguns during first and second WW - as good as the best German guns. In the seventies Husquarna tried to sell Italian shotguns under the Husquarna brand, but the quality was so-so, and the competition was hard.
    Cap'n Morgan

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by seppos View Post
    I borrowed mine to a friend

S
    Please help me out with the use of these above words.
    Did you have to borrow the gun from yourself and give it to someone?
    Or was the gun someone else's and you borrowed it to give to a third person?
    Or maybe it is your gun and you LOANED IT to someone?
    Please make your terminology clear to me and others.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Banned

Hickory:
    Finnish doesn't always translate well.

This thread does not need the grammar police interfering with it!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    This thread does not need the grammar police interfering with it!
    The correct terminology can save a lot of time, money and frustration.
    Example, less than a year after my daughter got married, my new son-in-law called me to say his car wouldn't "turn over" I said I'd be right over. I grabbed the jumper cables and the battery charger and was on my way.
    When I got there I soon found out that the engine "turned over" real good, but it wouldn't start. It was a waste of my time and money to make the 53 mile round trip because people can not or don't want to communicate on the same level anymore.
    You can say what you want, but you ain't changing an ol man set in his ways.
    So, if you want to have at it, go ahead. I'll read what you have to say.

Boolit Master
    He is very good friend of mine.
    He works in a company that sells furniture for hospitals and carehomes of elderly people.
    They have one very handy office chair. Easy to move bitween computer and printer.
    Also it is easy to adjust according to the hight of the office table.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sallisit-500x500.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	184363
    He was fortunate. They had a family where his father tought the children to always leave enough cookies to the jar so that nobody was left without. This friend of mine had a good heart. Often he felt pitty to those unfortunate children who he played with. He sometimes filled his pockets with cookies but always left enough to his brothers and sisters. Then he run out to meet the hungry children who he played with and shared his cookies.

So heart warming..

S

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    The correct terminology can save a lot of time, money and frustration.
    Example, less than a year after my daughter got married, my new son-in-law called me to say his car wouldn't "turn over" I said I'd be right over. I grabbed the jumper cables and the battery charger and was on my way.
    When I got there I soon found out that the engine "turned over" real good, but it wouldn't start. It was a waste of my time and money to make the 53 mile round trip because people can not or don't want to communicate on the same level anymore.
    You can say what you want, but you ain't changing an ol man set in his ways.
    So, if you want to have at it, go ahead. I'll read what you have to say.
    The guy is in Finland! Give him a brake! How is your finish?

Boolit Master

I've been on the lookout for a good condition, tight lockup, Husquavarna 16ga Hammer side by side for years.

All I've been able to find locally are rusty relics long past their prime. Found a few online over my price range though...

Some day I will find one that I can afford!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    The guy is in Finland! Give him a brake! How is your finish?
    I guess I can give him a break, but how am I to know he's from Finland when his location is not mentioned on his profile.
    I give up, and admit I was harsh in addressing something that was of no consequence.
    Sorry seppos.

Boolit Master
    As english is my 3 language it is not the easyest for me to communicate clearly..

S

Boolit Master
    My friend send me a cardboard box of some old children movies.
    Among them there was my old favourite :
    Looking for Nemo.
    Used to watch it with my kids when they where younger.

By the way.. Today my friend got two rabbits with my shootgun..
    He is a lucky guy.

S

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by seppos View Post
    As english is my 3 language it is not the easyest for me to communicate clearly..

S
    Spanish is my second language. Your English is far and away better than my Spanish. I can mangle my through a simple conversation. I complemented a Mexican cook in my Spain Spanish by telling them the food was the Ultimate. That wasn't very complementary in the Mexican idiom. In Spain it means to stand above all others, in Mexico it seem to mean the last. Once I explained it she understood. Same language but different meanings. Brits have a way of speaking that sometimes offends Americans. Your English is also British English. They are rather tight with the praise, whereas Americans are a bit lavish with it.

I could tell by reading your post that English isn't your native or your everyday language. You communicate effectively in English.

Huskvarna civilian guns are quite rare here in the USA. I've only seen surplus military rifles.

Boolit Master
    there was a company in the US that had a large supply of ww1-ww2 era Husqvarna sporter doubles and sporting rifles. The guns, while you could tell they were well made, were very worn and overpriced for their condition. That is the only civilian Husqvarna guns I have seen in the US of any Quantity.
    NRA High Master XTC
    DR# 2125

Boolit Grand Master

I have had and shot several. Most of the under levers are made for 2 1/2" shells and here they require reloading. I consider the forcing cones on these as marginal for reaming to 2 3/4". I currently shoot a Husky top lever hammered double that has been reamed and is an excellent shooter. I took the chokes out to mod and full with plastic wads and it is a fine all round gun but NOT for steel shot.

Boolit Master

Husqvarna double barrel shotguns

For any of you that may be interested in these fine shotguns there are 100's of these on the racks at Simpson Ltd. firearms located at Galesburg Ill.. The last time I was in the store, about 2 months ago, on the main showroom floor there was at least 50-60 in one rack. Bet there is over 200+ in the back.

But, if you are able to travel to the store, beware that you will have to ask for assistance to be waited on. NO help is offered at any time to look at any firearms. ( You have to show your FOID card to look. ) I have been going in that store for over 15 years and never asked if I need any help to see a certain firearm or if I have any questions on anything. YOU have to ask for assistance.

At least go to their web site and check out the store tour link. This is by Forgotten Weapons.com on you-tube and you will get an idea of the size of their store.
    Enewetak Atomic Clean Up Veteran 1979

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Please help me out with the use of these above words.
    Did you have to borrow the gun from yourself and give it to someone?
    Or was the gun someone else's and you borrowed it to give to a third person?
    Or maybe it is your gun and you LOANED IT to someone?
    Please make your terminology clear to me and others.
    "I borrowed something to my neighbor." Fairly common regional dialect speech in US. Terminology exists in the south and here in North Dakota. Well versed English speakers normally understand the statement. How is your Finnish?
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Master

Another bit of info on Simpson's in Galesburg. They are hampered by Illinois state law that only allows them to sell long guns to IL residents with a FOID or residents of a contiguous state.