Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cross slide/ compound tables

Hockey Info Here!!

I'm going to need one of these to make my milling head useful. I see plenty of them for sale in the $50-$150 range. Are they any good? Does anybody have a particular one they can recommend? Any to avoid? It won't see a lot of heavy use, but I do need it to be accurate. Thanks!

BK
    Last edited by bravokilo; 04-06-2005 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Hijacked!!
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers

It ain't what I KNOW, it's "How fast can I look it up?"
    Me

I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it.
    Captain Woodrow F. Call

Super Moderator

...........They're mostly suitable for use in a drillpress. Even the mill-drills that some guys bitch about have it all over these. But, then again how accurate do you need to be? If it's a couple thou over a few inches then one of the heavier units will probably do the job. It also helps if you're not climb milling in them, or hogging.

The best accuracy will be obtained by locking down the 'Y' gib if milling on the 'X' axis, and vise-versa. For plunge cuts, lock EVERYTHING down

When you get right down to it though, they're a heckuva lot better then nothing!

............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Banned
    Dog gone Buckshot....I didn't know you and the Duke were pardners.

Joe

Buckshot---That avatar pic of you and Marion Morrison looks pretty good. Most folks know Marion as John Wayne,but me and ol Marion go so far back,that's all I've ever called him.

New Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarMetal
    Dog gone Buckshot....I didn't know you and the Duke were pardners.

Joe
    Damn, Buckshot. Looks like you got 6 inches taller since I last saw you.!

This calls for war, CarpetMan, use your picture of you and Martha Raye. I'll see if I can find my picture with Raquel Welch...

Carpetman Rides Again!!!

It is a little known fact that John Wayne was the second choice for the lead in "Rio Grande". They really wanted CarpetMan but he had his heart set on a military career. Duty Called. Here is one of the out takes from his screen test:

[img]
    [/img]

No, that is from the patent application for his do it yourself circumcision jig.

CarpetMan

He's obviously had a lot of experience herding sheep...

Wills--No the knife used in the operation is much larger.

Quote Originally Posted by carpetman
    Wills--No the knife used in the operation is much larger.
    Yeah, but no sharper than that 1860 LIGHT Cavalry Sabre!!

CMan, are they still playing hockey there in San Angelo? I'm going to the Steelheads game with my Brother and Son this Saturday. They're (Steelheads) still in the playoff hunt!
    Regards,

WE

C1PNR--Yes indeed still playing hockey in San Angelo. We are in the midst of the playoffs. We went into the last two regular season games #1,but things were so bottlenecked,even with a cross milling table jig(or whatever topic we are on to be on topic)you couldnt unjam things. We lost the final two games and every team we wanted to lose,won their game. We wound up as the number 4 seed so we have to play last years winner--Laredo in the first round. Same thing happened last year and they beat us 4 straight. We have played them 2 games in the best of 7 series this year and they won both---very close games.. We play them here Fri and Sat night and hope to win both---should we lose both, things are over. I bought advance tickets for the playoff games---could of been a maximum of 12 home games and as few as two. They refund for the games not played. There is a question about next year. To assist in making their decision to stay,I have bought season tickets already.

carpetman
    I still cant get over Texans and Flordians talking about the "local" hockey teams It just dont seem right.
    Other than CCHA here ain't got none. We had a team in Detroit years ago.Think were called the red somthing

BTW Nice horsie
    If shooting,fixing,making and thunking were easy.Everyone would be doing it.

There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental,
    justifiable, and praiseworthy.
    - Ambrose Bierce

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by shooter575
    carpetman
    I still cant get over Texans and Flordians talking about the "local" hockey teams It just dont seem right.
    Other than CCHA here ain't got none. We had a team in Detroit years ago.Think were called the red somthing

BTW Nice horsie
    If you like that, you'll really like this.

The Idaho Steelheads (going to the game Saturday night with my Brother and Son) are in the "ECHL," that's the East Coast Hockey League! Can't get a lot farther West than here, a little, but not THAT far! Of course, Fresno CA is in the same League, so what the heck. 8)
    Regards,

WE

Last night we had our first home playoff game. Heck of a game. We won 3-0. The opponents looked like they had been caught up in a cross slide compound table. So the series will go atleast 5 games. Have home game tonight and if we can win it series will be tied 2 apiece. Heck yes playing hockey in San Angelo,in fact we had better hockey here this year than what they had in Dallas. One nice thing about these lower level teams is it's affordable. I could not afford to go to Dallas Star games---when they have a season.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter575
    carpetman

BTW Nice horsie
    More evidence of the decline in our society

wooo hooo we shut em out again tonight 2-0. series tied 2 apiece.

Quote Originally Posted by carpetman
    wooo hooo we shut em out again tonight 2-0. series tied 2 apiece.
    Good for Youse Guys! We won, too, but it was no shutout, 4 to 2!! San Diego played hard, but a home crowd is tough to beat!!

Now hope we can get some playoff tickets!! I'm just afraid they'll bring in a "cross slide/compound table" and catch us off (the machine) guard!!
    Regards,

WE

The hockey series has gotten more interesting than a cross slide compound table with a leaf in it. We lost at their place in overtime Monday night. We had to come from behind in last seconds to tie for the overtime. The series was 3-2(them). Last night was home game---do or die. Our goalie shut them out again. He has shut them out here,three times. We have not won at their place. Tomorrow night is there and it's the final---series tied at 3-3.

Wink

Wishing your team the BEST OF LUCK!!

The first playoff game I get to go to is about 10 days, don't remember quite exactly when right now. I guess it is still some up in the air about our seed. Hope we're 3rd seed so we don't have to play the 1st seed right off.
    Regards,

WE

Talking I surrender!!!!!!!!

LOL!!! I don't think I can change the main title!! Buckshot, thanks for the one pertinent answer! Mad? No, the pic of Carpetman on his horsey was well worth it!! Take it away guys!!! BTW, I learned a long time ago NEVER, EVER subscribe to a thread!

BK
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers

It ain't what I KNOW, it's "How fast can I look it up?"
    Me

I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it.
    Captain Woodrow F. Call

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast