Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Pointed tube magazine bullets from Hornady

Pointed tube magazine bullets from Hornady

Saw this yesterday in another forum and wondered what's the point (pun):
    http://www.hornady.com/story.php?s=198

Anyway, Hornady keeps doing something new all the time.

Boolit Master
    dramatically flatter trajectories for fantastic downrange energy increases and amazing

Rubber Boolits. Ought to be some way to cast your own
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Oh yes, that's what they told me, must be also wonderfully something and selection of factory offered ammo for the .450Marlin is dramatically doubled! Very good advertising, they make those look very good by putting them on the trajectory table where 100 yards is +3" high. Actual BC's are only about .03... .04 better than standard bullets (.45) and better velocity comes from lighter bullet. After some touting in gun magazines they will sell for sure.

But since at least somebody is shooting cast in veeery long range and high BC wouldn't hurt anything, how about HBC-style spitzer where that long and unsupported nose is partially made of plastic and glued on to the nose maybe using center drilled (or cast) cavity for better alignment and bonding? I'm not very serious, but why not; Lyman has some old glue system where softer core is glued to the harder shell or something like that. Besides, HBC with radically shortened nose might shoot better. Maybe.

No my dear wheel weight supplier, no weights this time thank you, I want those old tires. And please if your wife needs to get rid of some of the older tupperware...

Boolit Buddy
    BUT , how does it preform on game animals . seems to me the dang things would just bounce off of any thing bigger than a ..... cat

Boolit Grand Master
    I hope no one tries the 45-70 load in a Trapdoor. Much ado about very little, but at least Hornady is "out there" trying new things.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Al
    I hope no one tries the 45-70 load in a Trapdoor. Much ado about very little, but at least Hornady is "out there" trying new things.

On the trapdoors, I agree totally. Whats next 400gr 45-70 WSSM? I hate to see them spin their advertising and make folks think a silly little flex point will let them out perform the traditional loads.
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]