Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ishapor 308

Boolit Master

I have two of them that I bought some years back. A friend had an FFL and a distributor had a sale- if you bought two of them they were $99 each. Couldn't go wrong for that price. One has tight headspace and I shoot it with cast bullets. I don't think I ever got real serious about finding the best load for it, but it works real well for informally busting clay targets and tin cans at 50 to 100 yards.

The other one has looser headspace. I finally found a use for the several hundred rounds of old Syrian surplus 7.62x51 ammo I've had on the back shelf for a decade or two. Anyone else get stuck with some back in the day? It was made wrong, case shoulders are too long and it won't chamber in any rifle with reasonably tight headspace. It shoots fine in this rifle.

I had magazine trouble on both of them, and found that there was wear on the catch causing the mag to be loose and drop down slightly. I had a friend help me and welded the catch surface on the magazines, then carefully filed and shaped them to where they latched in perfectly. Problem solved; they both feed like a million dollars.

Have a later one i think 1967. I can shoot 2" at 100 with south african surplus. Barrel is pristine and mohagany stock is oil saturated. Have not started casting for it yet, too busy with the 303's.

Boolit Bub
    Happy with the way mine shoots with J words but ready to try 311291 with 12 grains unique I use in another 308 mine needs a new extractor it just pulls the rounds out and leaves them in the reciever

Boolit Buddy
    I had a rifle and carbine at different times. Both were wildly inaccurate. They obviously vary greatly. If you are lucky enough to get one that shoots, be happy! I had mag problems also and had the back of the mag welded up a bit and cut it to fit. i wish they were all tack drivers, but they are not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12