MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Are You a Real Caster or Dabble at It ?

Quote Originally Posted by Leadmelter View Post
    Only one problem, I was diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer in my liver and lung. Be starting chemo shortly.
    Leadmelter
    MI
    The Lord be with you friend & may you gain victory over this.

I' going to say we have a lot of serious dabblers. When my wife thinks I spend too much money on my habit I just show her what some of you guys are up to and she mellows right out.
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

Me I saved every "I'll take it" that Brass Magnet posts in S&S by copy and paste into one big document. When wife says something about my hobby cost I show her the document of all that stuff I didn't buy. Just don't mention it was because that guy beat me to it...
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    RogerDat - hahaha best not tell her that, keep her thinking you showed restraint, then the items you buy will seem lie you REALLY needed them

My wife spends so much money on other "****" she doesn't say anything when i buy anything gun related

Dabbler here

I unfortunately inherited my father's dabbling kit. He cast to support his bullseye shooting habit.

We never cast together but we reloaded and shot alot. He only cast for .45 ACP and he's be proud to know that I cast for .45 using his old dies and .44 magnum with dies to support my hunting habit.

Good times...I swear he is in the room when I'm casting.

Surfdog

Boolit Master
    My dad shot for his regiment but preferred 22rf for its effectiveness and accuracy.love my center fires but am now beginning to understand his point of view .hope he's looking down and smiling.

I'm not even a dabbler yet. I cast out of necessity for about 5 different calibers. Maybe 8 or 9 molds total. I would maybe cast about 5,000 boolits a year plus some 2,000 for friends. I treat it as a pastime mostly. Hunting takes up most of my time and resources and I don't hunt with cast boolits at all.
    Kudos to all you fellas that have perfected this hobby! You have some amazing skills and wonderful set ups!
    I'm the gun totin, meat eatin', BIBLE readin', redneck conservative your mother always warned you about.

" Holes kill stuff. "

Boolit Master

I guess I'm just a dabbler. I don't shoot as much as I used to. I have a little over 150 molds covering everything from .224 to 50 BMG. I cast right handed but still end up with unused right hand gloves. I open the sprue plate with my left hand, no beating on the sprue plate for me. The sprue drops in my left hand and goes right back in the pot.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Master

Bottom pour for mixed lead.
    Ladle pour for pure lead.
    What does that make me?

Confused?????
    I cast because I am a cheap b.....d.
    I have saved a bunch of money 50 plus molds, two pots, three lube sizers, and set up to powder coat. Man just look at all the money I saved.
    And a few unused left hand gloves!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456