Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Cabinet Reloading Station

Boolit Mold

Cabinet Reloading Station

I have a friend who has very limited space to set up a reloading station. We are looking at putting one in a reinforced wardrobe closet or entertainment center etc...
    Anyone have any pictures of a nice small efficient set up. Please post here or email dsbrown@nts-online.net

Banned

all you need is a place to amount equipment i used to mount my stuff on boards
    then clamp it to the little table i had 2'x2'. it was screwed to a board i mounted in the closet wall.
    i would fold the door open and push the clothes over to the side and mount whichever piece of equipment i needed on it. some with bolts i drilled through the top and the board, some
    with c-clamps.

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Have you seen the corner reloading bench?
    http://www.ray-vin.com/tech/cornerbench.htm

Boolit Master

DBrown,

A neighbor to my parents has one set up in an entertaiment ype cabinet his son made for him. It is a great idea. The only thing to be carful with is make sure the press is mounted behind the forward prtion of the cabinet. That means when you stroke the handle you have a bit of the cabinet in front of the fulcrum point ont he press, if not you have the chanc eof tipping the cabinet forward and it becomes unstable.

A co-worker mounted his press inside of a metal storage cabinet and bolted the cabinet to wall and floor. He likes it.

In both of the above cases it can be an issue of being able to get up close to the press as you cannot fit under the mount as you would be able to if mounted on a desk or table. I don't have a problem with that aspect, but some people liek to sit under the bench and closer to their work.

Sorry no pictures at hand, but the above post by Jim is a good example.

Boolit Grand Master

I willl post a photo tonight. I just took an old cabinet from a office shredder and made it into a portable relooadinng station that rolls into the closet whan not in use.

Boolit Grand Master

I know this is not a cabinet, but this is my portable reloading set-up. I attached a piece if 2"x2" to a scrap piece of countertop (heavy). To this I bolted my trusty CH press and a small vise. I clamp the top to my B&D Workmate and reload in the dining room, using the dining table for my scale, dippers, powder,bullets, primers, etc. (actually I use another piece of countertop on top of a pad to protect my wife's table!). I can sit in a regular chair with my press stand beside the table and reload a box or two in one setting. Press stand can be disassembled and stored easily and most of the components go in a 18 gal. plastic storage container. Not perfect but it works for me in my limited space.

Great Idea

I just put a piece of plywood on top of the table saw and do most of my reloading there. I guess there's a better way but it works.