RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: I got a Pacific DL-105 Shotshell loader and need help.

I got a Pacific DL-105 Shotshell loader and need help.

I got a deal on a pacific DL-105 the other day at the lock gunsmith's shop. It is 12 gauge, I suppose for 2 3/4" shells. I did a little research about them, and the online manual says you could get a conversion for 12 gauge 3" and conversions for 16 and 20 gauge shells.

So, does anyone know where to look for the conversions? or should I just chase down a 20 gauge shell loader.

I found a dude on ebay that makes a bushing conversion so I can use mec bushings with it.

Anyone know of a source for parts? Does anyone use this machine and want to offer some advice?

Any links or info is appreciated.

~Bazoo

Also, i do not have a shotshell loading book, anyone want to recommend one for me?

Boolit Master
    For old vintage presses like that you just have to keep an eye on eBay and the Swap and Sell section here and other forums like trapshooter.com and others.

The Lyman Shotgun manual is good and can be found on Amazon or eBay. I believe the latest is the 5th edition???

The website Ballistic Products, has a zillion different manuals, but tend to be more specific and it can be confusing finding one unless you know specifically what you desire.

Best
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

I have a Pacific DL-266 with 12 and 20 gauge dies. Page 18 in the 1976 Catalog says you can buy the kits you speak of for the 105, but I would think they are scarce as hens teeth. Ebay might have them on occasion.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out trapshooter.com. I keep an eye on ebay most of the time.

Do yall know if the machine I have will do 3" shells with just adjustment, or only 2 3/4" ?

Bazoo: Trapshooters.com is definitely the place to look, but really you'd be better off just looking for a 20 ga version there as it will probably cost you less than the conversion. I doubt you'll ever see a DL105 for more than $50..

The next machine up the scale from the 105 is the DL266 and they are a lot better machine. I have two, a 12 and a .410. The 12 ga cost me $50 and the .410 was $250! The .410 and 28 ga models tend to go a lot higher due to their inherent scarcity. 12's and 20's are all over the place. 16 ga versions tend to be scarce as well.

All of these machines are out there and they all show up on Trapshooters.com frequently and now just before Christmas is a good time to find them.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Mold
    Old thread, but any chance you still have these?

Quote Originally Posted by Livejust View Post
    Old thread, but any chance you still have these?
    I still have mine. I've since read the Lyman 5th Edition Shotshell Handbook. Things started trying up about the time I was looking for stuff and thinking about loading shotshells, so I've not done much with it.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

The DL-155 is the model between the DL-105 and DL-266. Also look on ebay for Bair presses. They are similar to the Pacific presses and many parts will interchange.