RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Guys Use a Powder Measure with Black Powder

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Jack Hammer View Post
    I weigh each charge using a Lee plastic scoop and a scale. Does anyone use a mechanical bench mounted powder measure for black powder? I see Shiloh Sharpes doesn't list a powder measure for sale so I'm thinking that's my answer. I also use a 30" brass drop tube and an aluminium funnel, the fella at the local black powder shop said drop tubes aren't necessary for anything but competition loads.
    I set my "IDEAL No. 5" Dispenser to throw a charge which will weigh what I have in mind, and, this has been extremely accurate and consistent. I eep the Hopper 2/3rds full or more, also.

I am not loading for BP Long Arms though, only for .38 Special and .45 Colt, so, no need for me to be so fussy, but I just like the idea of consistent to a fine degree charges, merely on principle.

Boolit Master

I am just starting out w/ BP and use a Quick-Measure BP measure along with their 24" drop tube and a powder compression die.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2068.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	182021
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12