Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Black out ????

Boolit Buddy

Not only that,but they like Pb and don't care much for large powder charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Don't buy a 300 blackout!!! I will give a simple reason and that is they multiply like rabbits. I started with one that I put together and I made the mistake of asking the wife if she wanted to shoot it. Well, she put about 6 rounds thru it turned around to me and told me she wanted me to put one together for her. The score is now 2 &2 with her owning a very nasty one with a 20 power scope and comp trigger. Her other is a stainless with a red dot. She is capable of 3/4" groups at 100 yards any day of the week with her scoped 300. I get tired of some of the morons at the range coming up to her asking if the 300 is capable of 200 yd shooting. Yes, they are. All the 300's I've put together have pistol length gas systems and all will shoot subsonic as well as suppressed without a hickup. So, I will have to say no to having a different length gas system for suppressed and or subsonic. My buddy tried his suppressor on the 300 to see functionality simply because of all the BS that is out there.So don't buy a 300 blk because you will find yourself making your own brass, loading up thousands of rounds and enjoying the hell out of it. PS, my adams arms 5.56 spends all its time on the shelf gathering dust now so I will probably have to sell it to put together more 300's.
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Grand Master

It seems like they are gaining in popularity. I'm finding more and more brass at my shooting spots. It also appears that the brass is easy to make. I'm thinking about building a suppressed one on a Remington 700 for hog hunting. That should work well with a heavy cast bullet.

Vendor Sponsor

[QUOTE=kingstrider;3852879]I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the HPA to go anywhere. After 80+ years I doubt the ATF will ever remove suppressors from the NFA registry since it is a substantial income source. Even if you submit paperwork and get denied, they collect interest on your $200 for months before sending you a refund. Right now I have 7 pending stamps and anticipate one will be rejected due to an error on my part when I submitted the paperwork. This was paid via credit card months ago but I probably won't see a refund until next year.

In the end you have to pay if you want to play.[/QUO when they get to processing the paperwork Depending on the error they will send you the form to correct. You will have 2 weeks to return corrected form
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=Smoke4320;3854318]
    Quote Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the HPA to go anywhere. After 80+ years I doubt the ATF will ever remove suppressors from the NFA registry since it is a substantial income source. Even if you submit paperwork and get denied, they collect interest on your $200 for months before sending you a refund. Right now I have 7 pending stamps and anticipate one will be rejected due to an error on my part when I submitted the paperwork. This was paid via credit card months ago but I probably won't see a refund until next year.

In the end you have to pay if you want to play.[/QUO when they get to processing the paperwork Depending on the error they will send you the form to correct. You will have 2 weeks to return corrected form
    I made a mistake on a form1 for an SBR build, all I had to do was correct it and resubmit, was approved within a day.

Boolit Master
    Same here, except it took a week. No big deal really. I was just happy it didn't go to the bottom of a stack for a few more months.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by Russel Nash View Post
    With respect to the bold part, I did NOT know that.

I am assuming that is only for like T C Contenders during handgun season, right?
    Legal as a pistol during the firearm deer season, as a single shot. (would be legal as a revolver if there was such a thing)

Attachment 181424

Left is .223, next is my favorite AR load, middle right is my deer load, and right is the other Illinois legal bottleneck, the .30 Bellm. It's basically a 30 BR blown out and the neck trimmed to 1.4". 2700 fps has been reported out of a 17" Savage Striker with 110 grain bullets but I've been happy with 150's under 30 grains of 4198 in my 21" XP.

Attachment 181427

The 300 BLK is one of the funnerest cartridges you can play with, and can be used in just about any situation you can think of, within reason.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lonegun1894 View Post
    Same here, except it took a week. No big deal really. I was just happy it didn't go to the bottom of a stack for a few more months.
    The examiner did tell me to e-mail her when I resubmitted it, that might have been the difference as I had the impression she was going to get it taken care of as soon as I did.

I have the Ruger American in 300blk. Super fun gun! I have a good load worked up using the Lee 155gr boolit and 15gr of IMR4227. I'm just starting to play around with subs. A can is on my wish list....
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Master
    The 300 Whisper was designed to give more power than the suppressed 9mm SMG the military was using. The 300 BLK carries much more energy at longer distances and is more accurate. The supersonic loads a just a Plus.

It really is a handloader's cartridge. Cheap brass, uses most any 308 bullet, and uses about 1/3 of the powder that other 30 cal rounds use. That saves a bit of money as component prices are a bit high.

Boolit Master

7.62x35

So you can get x39 performance out of your AR platform gun without bananna mags, since it uses a standard 556 mag.. etc.

Boolit Master
    Just to keep things in perspective......The .300 B.o. has less power then a 7.62X39, a 30/30 has more power then the 7.62X39. Yes it does have much more power than a 9mm pistol rd.
    Last edited by MT Chambers; 11-29-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel.mac View Post
    How is it more anemic?

How does the range of 90gr to 240gr offer less utility than the 7.62x39's 108-174gr? Not to mention the availability of higher-BC .308-bore loads.

I think you may be making the common error of only looking at the 208gr subsonic target loads.
    He's also missing the fact that you can approximate the x39 in a better platform firearm. Better mags, less case size and weight.

My last Form 1 approval time was 6 months and 6 days on efile.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    I have read two articles now that are claiming Trump may remove suppressors off the NFA list. If this is true then I will buy a suppressor and probably build a 300 black out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

If he removes supressors, ill be dropping some serious coin. Otherwise it hasn't been worth the hassle.

Plus the cost would drop considerably.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by warboar_21 View Post
    I have read two articles now that are claiming Trump may remove suppressors off the NFA list. If this is true then I will buy a suppressor and probably build a 300 black out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Trump cannot do this. It's going to take an act of Congress to do so. The Hearing Protection Act is also not new. They've been trying to get it passed for a few years now. Contact your state reps to endorse it. This is how they will be removed from the NFA.

Boolit Master
    Took an 8 point with the .300 Blk this year using a 125gr SST over W296. Actual velocity for this round isn't too far behind the Actual velocity of 7.62x39mm using similar bullets. Wound channels were impressive. Fired unsuppressed from inside a blind didn't ring my ears like bigger rifles do.

One proviso that I haven't seen mentioned here is to keep .300Blk ammo far away from 5.56mm chambered rifles. Super sonic stuff will usually chamber in the 5.56 but the results of poking a .308 bullet thru a .223" bore aren't pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Loudy13 View Post
    I was unsure of the BO but my buddy wanted an AR so I told him to get it in 300BO, I have been really impressed with the capabilities out to 300 Meters. The main reason I told him to get one is I could cast bullets for it and rounds would be super cheap to make. I plan on getting one in the next few months. As far as suppressed we haven't gone that route yet and probably wont.
    Agreed!!!
    Cast bullets (powder coated) loaded in a BO is literally cheaper for me to make, load, and shoot...than shooting 22LR. What's not to like?!?

-Butchman

Boolit Buddy

I have a 16" 8 twist, carbine gas, that I shoot subs and supers out of just fine. Subs are 220 grain cast, 8.6 grains of H110, radar has them at 1050fps. BCG is NOT lightened. It's a NiBo M16 full auto. The only thing I do is change out my buffer for the subs. I use the silent captured buffer. Have one for supers and one for subs. Takes about the same amount of time to swap the buffer out as it does to put the suppressor on. It cycles just fine.
    "A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown"

Boolit Buddy

I think the majority of people who bad mouth the Blackout, or call it a "passing fad" probably never owned one. Notice I said "MOST". So, if you had one and want to bad mouth it don't climb my case. Had a guy this past weekend saw me out shooting where I normally hunt. Asked what I was shooting. I was working on sub loads and radaring them. When he saw it was an AR15 in 300 Blackout he started all that carp about "yeah, I looked at getting one but they are too expensive and I carried an M16 for years in the military, blah, blah, blah". Asked what he was shooting. A 270. Well....that's definitely cheaper to purchase than an AR. And LOTS less than what I've got wrapped up in mine. But, I shoot for about 17 cents a round. I love the AR platform. My Blackout kills the hogs and deer just as dead as his 270. We are in the woods of SC so he can't shoot any further than I can. AND....I can shoot without ear protection. I can usually hear the animals before I can see them.

I can't speak to the Blackout in a bolt gun. Never shot one. But my AR is fun and extremely accurate. Not to mention...QUIET!
    Last edited by flyingrhino; 12-05-2016 at 01:42 PM.
    "A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast