Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No number AR lowers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by swheeler View Post
    So there are liberals acting as range officers!
    Well, even here on this site, there are some who have a problem with understanding that "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" means EXACTLY that.

We can no more legally (or more importantly *morally*) restrict the firearms that a free man owns (or carries) than we can restrict what religion a person chooses to worship. We can put limitations on where the person can discharge the weapon, just like we can restrict certain practices of a religion if they are harming someone else, but the ownership and carrying of the weapon are protected by the 2nd Amendment for all free men.
    Last edited by NavyVet1959; 11-19-2016 at 11:25 PM.

More malum prohibitum BS by those that want power over others

Boolit Master
    Looks like that was free handed with guidance from Jack daniels, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelHorseCowboy View Post
    Just thought it was funny and wanted to share.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Grand Master
    This is how stupid it is here on Oahu.
    To buy a handgun you must....
    1) Pass a firearms class to get a certificate.
    2) Go down to the main cop station with the make, model, serial number, person/place buying from, and your certificate.
    3) Apply for a permit and fill out all kinds of forms for each pistol buying.
    4) After 14 days, go back to the main station to pick-up the permit. If you don't pick the permit up on time, you'll have to start all over again.
    5) After picking up the permit, you have 48 hours to pick up the pistol, have the seller sign the permit, take both back to the main cop station to register it.
    Three trips to the cop station to buy a pistol.

Military, or if moving here, you have 48 hours to bring all firearms to the main cop station to be registered.
    If you have something that is not allowed, they will take it away from you.
    Any pistol mags over 10 rounds, they will take it away from you.
    How would you know if it's not allowed????
    I have no idea.
    damacraps rule this state.

How's this for another example of things here.
    I'm not a smoker.
    No smoking in any building.
    No smoking at any park.
    No smoking within 20 feet of any building.
    They tried to pass a law, no smoking in your own home, or vehicle.
    It didn't pass.

We do still have free sunshine............ for now!!!!

Boolit Master
    Funny to see the word 'liberal' thrown around. Always a liberal. When a 'liberal' would have called the cops as required by law, vs simply saying 'make those disappear real quick'.

Boolit Master

Appears NOT to be paradise eh?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry41 View Post
    Funny to see the word 'liberal' thrown around. Always a liberal. When a 'liberal' would have called the cops as required by law, vs simply saying 'make those disappear real quick'.
    A conservative would not have been looking in the first place.

Boolit Grand Master

Reminds me of what my dad (a true conservative) used to say " Best to tend to your own knittin' sonny."
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Grand Master

Buy a label maker......problem solved

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    A conservative would not have been looking in the first place.
    So a conservative would just break the law? Same guy who would say comply with LE when told to? Also a good way to endanger the entire range, sort of stuff actual liberals look for, an excuse to close a range. And the range safety officer just blowing off obvious violations of the law, is the sort of excuse anti gun liberals would use. They would say existing laws arent enough since they are simply ignored.

Boolit Man
    We have the same smoking laws in Louisiana. They're not enforced or obeyed, except in places where COMPANY policy is "no smoking".Even tried to ban it in cars and homes.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry41 View Post
    So a conservative would just break the law? Same guy who would say comply with LE when told to? Also a good way to endanger the entire range, sort of stuff actual liberals look for, an excuse to close a range. And the range safety officer just blowing off obvious violations of the law, is the sort of excuse anti gun liberals would use. They would say existing laws arent enough since they are simply ignored.
    No, a conservative will just ignore any law that is wrong.

If there was a law that outlawed your religion, would you follow it?

Same difference as far as many of us are concerned...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Appears NOT to be paradise eh?
    Depends upon your definition of "paradise", I guess... I spent a week on Oahu a year or so ago... Let's just say that they have a different type of "street bums". Saw a guy just standing on the street corner in a swimsuit and taking a leak and it running down his legs...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    Absolutely correct. The BATFe would prefer that you file a Form 1 on them, and add a serial number, but it is NOT required.

Absolutely. Why is the range officer looking for serial numbers anyway? Is he an ATF snitch?
    He'd be a pretty unsatisfactory snitch if he isn't telling them, and if he was, he would surely want the perpetrator of a real or imaginary offence to be still there when they turned up to collect the trophy and tender their thanks. It sounds more like they are afraid of a banned felon or lunatic illicitly arming himself, getting caught for some megadeath incident, and saying "We owe our skills to A.N. Other's range in.... " They don't want that any more than Klein's Sporting Goods wanted to be connected with a certain Mannlicher-Carcano.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by swheeler View Post
    Reminds me of what my dad (a true conservative) used to say " Best to tend to your own knittin' sonny."
    Sounds a bit more libertarian. Then again I'm inclined to think that true conservatives tend to have strong libertarian tendencies.

Boolit Master
    No, a conservative will just ignore any law that is wrong.

If there was a law that outlawed your religion, would you follow it?

Same difference as far as many of us are concerned...
    That is what people who believe property is theft believe, or that racial minorities are entitled to extract compensation for the wrongs of past generations. Governments have to impose the laws which are acceptable to the greatest number, and count on the greatest number to support them.

I think they did.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistics in Scotland View Post
    That is what people who believe property is theft believe, or that racial minorities are entitled to extract compensation for the wrongs of past generations. Governments have to impose the laws which are acceptable to the greatest number, and count on the greatest number to support them.

I think they did.
    You are attributing good intentions to politicians / governments where there is no evidence that this occurs. Politicians / governments create laws in order to maintain control / gain power over people. They keep doing this until the people eventually rise up and flush the existing government and start again. Sometimes that flushing is done at the polls and sometimes by way of arms. But, I guess this is why we drink coffee and you folks drink tea.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    This is how stupid it is here on Oahu.
    To buy a handgun you must....
    1) Pass a firearms class to get a certificate.
    2) Go down to the main cop station with the make, model, serial number, person/place buying from, and your certificate.
    3) Apply for a permit and fill out all kinds of forms for each pistol buying.
    4) After 14 days, go back to the main station to pick-up the permit. If you don't pick the permit up on time, you'll have to start all over again.
    5) After picking up the permit, you have 48 hours to pick up the pistol, have the seller sign the permit, take both back to the main cop station to register it.
    Three trips to the cop station to buy a pistol.

Military, or if moving here, you have 48 hours to bring all firearms to the main cop station to be registered.
    If you have something that is not allowed, they will take it away from you.
    Any pistol mags over 10 rounds, they will take it away from you.
    How would you know if it's not allowed????
    I have no idea.
    damacraps rule this state.

How's this for another example of things here.
    I'm not a smoker.
    No smoking in any building.
    No smoking at any park.
    No smoking within 20 feet of any building.
    They tried to pass a law, no smoking in your own home, or vehicle.
    It didn't pass.

We do still have free sunshine............ for now!!!!
    Wow, that's even worse than the Democratic Peoples Republic of Maryland, from which I escaped to Free America! Here in AZ, you walk in, fill out a 4473, show your Concealed Permit, hand them the money, and leave with the gun. Private sales are legal, etc. The way it SHOULD be.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    You are attributing good intentions to politicians / governments where there is no evidence that this occurs. Politicians / governments create laws in order to maintain control / gain power over people. They keep doing this until the people eventually rise up and flush the existing government and start again. Sometimes that flushing is done at the polls and sometimes by way of arms. But, I guess this is why we drink coffee and you folks drink tea.
    Not at all. Either way, they stay in office by pleasing most of the people most of the time.

NavyVet. I like your passion,the O.K. tab and your area code, but think we are kinda "looking a gift horse in the mouth" so to speak. Do you not like the fact that a million dems are isolated in the "808" with the homeless people and stray cats instead of being distributed thru the "409" and a host of other mid-western area codes that still have firearms freedom? PB
    Last edited by pill bug; 11-20-2016 at 11:56 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast