RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackbox
WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casting season is over.

Boolit Buddy

Casting season is over.

It hit 100 today,and bullet casting season is over. I hope I have enough to see me through.

Moderator Emeritus
    I'm sure we must have hit the mid 60s today.

Great weather for working out side. Still when the sun broke through you got a sweat on.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Man
    It's been in the mid 90's with 80+% humidity all week here.

Good thing I rotate back to night shift at the end of the month.

Boy, you Yanks have a season for everything. Deer, rabbits, grouse, squirrels, casting.................
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master
    Regardless of what the wx guys say, we hit right at a hunert today today and the water was 'flowing' out of the ground. I worked outside, kinda easy, sat on the tractor mowing for several hours, then doing some clean up work out back, and when I finally came in, I was DONE. Sweat good, too. Feels good trying to return to 'normal' after January surgery. I took a cool shower, opened a cold one, now I'm here...

Boolit Master

We had upper 90 degree, humid weather, then cooler weather, then rainy weather. That doesn't stop me from casting, well maybe the rain does if I cast out doors.

I am trying to build a foundry building near my shop and then I can cast when ever the mood strikes me.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Jerry
    Honor is a Way of Life

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Boolit Grand Master
    Yup, it just about is. Fortunately it is shooting season other than the occasional pot or two in the cooler evenings.

Shiloh

In Remembrance

I loaded some 38's and 257's today, It was sizzeling but I had a fan blowing on me and kept at it for a few hours. I've got to get my swamp cooler going in my reloading building so I won't be working in the sauna. DALE

Boolit Master
    Nuthin like getting a little sweat in the lead to keep ya on your toes

It was nice here today. It cooled down to 84 so I decided to do a little smelting today.
    Rusty

Boolit Master

Casting season never ends for me, except for this short break do to the shoulder surgery. The wife gave me a work room when we built our house, so I have both central air in the summer and heat in the winter. Works out great 'cept when I flux the pot since the blower and A coil are also in the work room, then the wife gets a bit annoyed. I am hoping that in 3 more weeks the Doc will let me start using it some and I can start casting again.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RustyFN View Post
    It was nice here today. It cooled down to 84 so I decided to do a little smelting today.
    Rusty

Zappa's turned to boolit casting now?...

Boolit Grand Master

When I had my utility shed built, I included a dedicated casting station and fitted the building with A/C and Electric heat. I cast when the mood strikes, rain or shine, cold or hot. If I smelt during hot weather, I try to do it in the A.M. before it gets hot (do it on the driveway).

Dale53

Boolit Master

Dale,

I am doing the same things, small building with A/C, a big propane tank, with a bullet casting area.

Jerry
    Honor is a Way of Life

NRA Benefactor Life Member

110 in the shade here today...I'm still casting. When it hits 120 or when the monsoons hit, then I take a break.

Boolit Master

I shifted my casting into the evenings during the summer when I was stationed further south than Upstate New York. Casting out in the garage last year in the winter took some dedication and a good propane heater to get the building above freezing.

Boolit Grand Master
    Mid- to high 90's here for the past few days, I've done some cartridge refilling but no casting for a while. My current goal is to get all the fired brass refilled before next month's move, and only have a small lot to fire after packing the gear up late in the move process. There may be a 2-3 week hiatus this time, unlike last year's move with a 3 month-long lay-off that I never caught up with. That move enabled me to "streamline" the process, shouldn't be nearly as messed up this time around.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I'll cast some in the next few days. I do have a cool spot under my carport with a decent fan. I'm in the process of building a shop. Once it is completed I'll move all of my casting equipment into it. The shop will be insulated with 16' high walls. I'm having a 40" exhaust fan mounted in the top end wall to pull air through.

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Just find some shade and a bandana,yeah,I know us bald headed guys look funny wearing a bandana,BUT it keeps the sweat from hitting the molten lead.Try using a bottom pour pot for your casting,you don't have to be the object of the melting flame!

Boolit Master
    Was low seventies here yesterday and sunny with light winds. What a change. Fired up the old turkey cooker and melted fifty six ingots of WW alloy. Was still beautiful this morning so headed for the range. Haven't been able to use it for about six weeks due to rain, mud and high winds. Not really very breezy here. One of the electric companys erected thirteen wind gererators several miles west of here last year. They told me that they are scheduled to erect another 287 of them. Hmmm! Anyway I tried the 250 Savage with several loads with 257312 boolits. Best group was 1 1/4" at fifty yards with 8.0 grains of PB. The groups should be half that size if I could ever tame that unruly trigger. Neil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast