MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: I always wanted a 6.5 Grendel AR. Ordered one of the Wolf brand uppers this weekend

I always wanted a 6.5 Grendel AR. Ordered one of the Wolf brand uppers this weekend

$399 and free shipping. I have about 600pc of virgin 7.62x39 IMI brass that i'll be changing some of it over to 6.5 Grendel for target stuff.

Wolf sells steel-cased 100gr blasting ammo for 30 cents per round.

Kinda looks like this cartridge may be finally starting to pick up some steam.

I'll put pictures and my thoughts on it up in this thread when the upper arrives and I get a chance to shoot it.

Boolit Master
    I love my 6.5 Grendel! Absolute tack driver out to 300 (probably farther but that is the limit of the range I shoot at). Unless you just plan to plink with this, I would encourage you to invest in real Grendel brass rather than AK. AK brass use large primers whereas real Grendel is small primer.
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Are they made in Russia?? I Doubt it..... Two of my friends have Grendels and love them. All AR 15 cartridges are "almost" something else. IMO the Grendel is almost a .250 Savage- and that's a good place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Are they made in Russia?? I Doubt it..... Two of my friends have Grendels and love them. All AR 15 cartridges are "almost" something else. IMO the Grendel is almost a .250 Savage- and that's a good place to be.
    I read they are made in the USA by Anderson Arms. Wolf just threw their name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    I read they are made in the USA by Anderson Arms. Wolf just threw their name on it.
    Anderson makes good AR things. Never had a problem with anything from them.

Boolit Grand Master
    I was using my Grendel to smack one of our chicken steel targets @500yds earlier today. Using the Wolf 100gr steel cased ammo.

I bought one because I always thought a 7mm BR, AR would be perfect and found a good deal on the 6.5 a while back.