Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a favorite rifle/pistol that no one would understand?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Probably my fully engraved Hi Point pistol.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    My 38 special deringger. Don't judge! I slide it in my pocket with +p loads every day.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Martini Action 9.15x47R Schuetzen Rifle. Three known in this caliber in US that was designed in 1880's and lasted for approximately 20 years

Custom mold based on original bullet design & weight - last 83 empty brass in US, average price $3.79 per
    Last edited by John Boy; 11-07-2016 at 05:47 PM.
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Martini Action 9.15x47R Schuetzen Rifle. Three known in this caliber in US that was designed in 1880's and lasted for approximately 20 years

Custom mold based on original bullet design & weight - last 83 empty brass in US, average price $3.79 per
    Right, we bare our souls and admit to crazy chitt and you show us a picture of gun art.
    [

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    I guess my odd one is a COP 357 Derringer.
    I have one of those, but I hate shooting the thing. It hurts!!!

Boolit Master

I have a buddy with one as well. We joke that they are 5 shot. 4 bangs, then you throw the 5# gun at them.

It was my first 357 magnum.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by AbitNutz View Post
    Right, we bare our souls and admit to crazy chitt and you show us a picture of gun art.
    He's like the guy that shows up at the 20 year high school reunion. Still has the body of a football player, hit it big, got rich, early retired, wife looks lil a million bucks and leaves I a foreign sports car, of which there are 3 in the country.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    we bare our souls and admit to crazy chitt and you show us a picture of gun art.
    Yep, when craftsmenship was done by craftsmen ...

Regards
    John

It's funny...a Hi Point looks like it's best used as a doorstop but every review I've ever seen on one says all kids of terrible things about them...except...they all say they never had a malfunction. If they started with that, maybe it would look better.
    I've never seen a bad Hi Point as far as operation but they look like a cordless electric drill

I have a Rohm (RG) 31 snub..it's from the 70's and is brand new in the box with all the paperwork...It has never been fired...the reason??? No body has the stones to fire it...true zinc Saturday night special...first shot will strip the rifling out of the barrel and the rest of the shots don't group...they pattern.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rg 31 003.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	180316

Name:	rg 31 005.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	180317

Quote Originally Posted by aephilli822 View Post
    M1 Garand. The collectors beating of breast and gnashing of teeth is deafening whenever it is mentioned. Dad and Jimmy Hoag (probably not THAT "Jimmy Hoag" LOL) "sporterized" it. One piece "Mannlicher" stock, chromed ("in a bumper shop") bolt, trigger, safety, and clip release. Ground receiver smooth to remove the rear sight and silver soldered legs to mount a scope.
    "Restore THAT, suckers!!!"
    Please post a picture of this. It sounds ugly in the most beautiful of ways.
    It's only hubris if I'm wrong.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Lumpkin View Post
    Hammerli SP-20 in 32 long. Looks weird, but is accurate as can be and a ball to shoot.
    Have one along with a 22lr conversion, my sako quad in the factory case along with 4 barrels and the Burris quad scope gets a few admiring glances, even more when they see how it shoots.

Boolit Master

My "winter camo'd" Argentine Mauser, ugly as sin with a Bubba'd stock and trigger guard but shoots great. I take it to the camp hunting, but only if I'm by myself! What do ya expect for $60?
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I don't know if there was a design change, but the one I got, green finish looks pretty good. A couple people have thought it was a Glock at first glance. Kinda damning it with faint praise, that. Oh, and it is darned accurate, with a reasonably good trigger.
    It's funny...a Hi Point looks like it's best used as a doorstop but every review I've ever seen on one says all kids of terrible things about them...except...they all say they never had a malfunction. If they started with that, maybe it would look better.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Well after all those pictures I had to go take a couple.

I am retired, don't go out much, case sits by my left foot as I sit in my loveseat recliner.

Reminds me a bit of some of those corn fed country girls. Maybe they were not anything fancy to look at but they had a lot under the hood and they knew how to use it all and use it with a will.

She stays there with the mag's loaded, one mag of factory loads in the gun. One round in the chamber, safety on.

Way I figure is that if you ever really need that girl. Your going to need it ready to go right now, yesterday even. Not tomorrow or next week.

Once I found out what it is that she likes (Big and round) she shoots exactly where I point her. No temper tantrums, no fussing, no whining, no stalking off in a huff. She knows what to do and she does it with a will.

Name:	Hipointc9p.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	180332Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hipointc9.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	180333

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by opos View Post
    I've never seen a bad Hi Point as far as operation but they look like a cordless electric drill
    That's hilarious but I think you're doing a disservice to electric drills....I don't own one but from everyone I've ever seen tested or people will admit to owning...whenever you pull the trigger it goes bang. Or...you mistakenly holstered your DeWalt hammer drill and goes whhirrr...click.
    [

Boolit Master
    I have a Rohm (RG) 31 snub..it's from the 70's and is brand new in the box with all the paperwork...It has never been fired...the reason??? No body has the stones to fire it...true zinc Saturday night special...first shot will strip the rifling out of the barrel and the rest of the shots don't group...they pattern.

Name:	rg 31 003.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	180316

Name:	rg 31 005.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	180317
    Yes, but how good a pattern does the rifling group when the bits of metal/zinc hit the target? I always thought RG stood for "Really Good".
    [

Perma-Banned

Yes, but how good a pattern does the rifling group when the bits of metal/zinc hit the target? I always thought RG stood for "RotGut".
    There, fixed it for ya'.

I have an old single shot 410 love that old gun thinking about seeing what it takes to rechamber to 45 lc

Boolit Master

Yup.. HP give glocks a run for their money on ugly.

I have a HP carbine in 45acp. Plain ugly boxy carbine, has cheap written all over it. It has fired every time I've pulled the trigger, jambed never, and is actually darn accurate. I have plenty of more expensive guns that took alot more money and work to shoot as good as that HP does/did, right out of the box.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast