RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying a new idea for .32 Long Colt cases....

Boolit Master
    The 0.323" sizing die goes all the way to the rim of the reformed case. The solid part of the head goes fully into the sizer. I am starting with 0.335" OD cases and getting down to 0.328" (maximum) to 0.330" (more common), so it is going down only about 0.005" after springback. I don't know where the extra brass is going, but it is not going into the primer pocket. As for another intermediate sizer, I am all for it, but I would have to have one custom made by someone. There is nothing between 0.314" and 0.323" in Lee.

Boolit Master
    Lee DOES Do Custom "Lube and Size" Kits. "Custom Lube and Size Kit: The bullet sizing dies are intended to size molded lead bullets. Jacketed bullets can be sized, but it is necessary to use LEE Resizing Lubricant, not Liquid Alox bullet lubricant. Custom lube and size kits are $38.00 plus shipping. Maximum bullet diameter is .575. Current lead time for Custom Lube and Size Kits is around 6 weeks. Custom Lube and Sizing Kit, SKU: 90744, Custom Lube and Sizing Kit, MSRP: $38.00". Quoted From The Lee Web Page.

I have ordered and received Custom Lube and size Kits in .250", .251", .252", .253", .310" and .311" so far to Date. I did find out by Trial and Error NOT to try to resize .257" Jacketed Bullets to .250" in one Step!

Also I found that a Punch for the Kit of !.520" overall length is needed (Custom Ordered from Lee) to push the Sized Bullet Completely through the Sizing area of the Die or Spire type Soft Point Bullets will be Deformed.

The Standard 1.40" OAL Punch requires the Next Bullet entering the die push the Previous Bullet fully though the Die so it can be Collected. OK with Flat Point shapes, not with Sharp pointed Shapes.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Boolit Master
    Thank you for the information. That makes it possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12