Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8 x 57

I started off making 8x57 out of odd six cases.
    Then I found it was better to cut the chamber to 8mm-06.
    Not only could I use odd six brass, they held more powder and.....
    It shortened the chambers for long barrel wear, and much less free bore.
    Much tighter groups
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TCLouis View Post
    Clean all that jacket material from the barrel

175 grain GC boolit, 21.5 grains of 4759 . . . .

Stick a fork in ya . . .

Yer done
    What the **** does that mean thought we had educated you Americans and you could speak English

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I shoot this in a Husqvarna 640, 10 Grains of Unique, either G/C or PB, as cast, tumble lubed. It cuts one hole at 50 yards.
    http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.p...asee2t1rfseo04
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonMillar View Post
    What the **** does that mean thought we had educated you Americans and you could speak English

I will ignore the obvious punctuation errors in your rather rude post.

What TCLouis means is:

A) Clean the barrel very well. It may have an accumulation of jacket material, which may lead to accuracy and leading issues.
    B) Use a 175gr cast bullet with a gas check, and load it over 21.5gr of 4759.
    C) You are now done with load development

I don't know where you are from, but your post was very rude. You came here asking an off topic question about the value of your gun, in a thread about a cartridge. Then when a member helps you, you pop off with a childish response.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Lumpkin View Post
    I will ignore the obvious punctuation errors in your rather rude post.

What TCLouis means is:

A) Clean the barrel very well. It may have an accumulation of jacket material, which may lead to accuracy and leading issues.
    B) Use a 175gr cast bullet with a gas check, and load it over 21.5gr of 4759.
    C) You are now done with load development

I don't know where you are from, but your post was very rude. You came here asking an off topic question about the value of your gun, in a thread about a cartridge. Then when a member helps you, you pop off with a childish response.

Boolit Bub
    I asked if the stock was original to my gun nothing about load data I included pictures as well

Boolit Master

With only 7 post here I guess I can forgive your self centered pompous assumption that I was referring to your off topic post in this thread.

In case you think we are going to banter back on forth over this, any further discussion by me will be on topic in accordance with pupsdad's original post.

Might I suggest that you spend a little time and effort to learn a little about utilizing this site. You may then realize interjecting off topic posts into another persons thread may make you think a post meant for the person that started the thread have something to do with you.

I hope you stay around long enough to see the way things work on this site and then you will likely start a thread about your rifle and request information from the learned members here.
    Last edited by TCLouis; 11-23-2016 at 10:38 PM.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TCLouis View Post
    With only 7 post here I guess I can forgive your self centered pompous assumption that I was referring to your off topic post in this thread.

In case you think we are going to banter back on forth over this, any further discussion by me will be on topic in accordance with pupsdad's original post.

Might I suggest that you spend a little time and effort to learn a little about utilizing this site. You may then realize interjecting off topic posts into another persons thread may make you think a post meant for the person that started the thread have something to do with you.

I hope you stay around long enough to see the way things work on this site and then you will likely start a thread about your rifle and request information from the learned members here.
    The stocks not original I posted the same question on another forum. no Forrest Gump replies just the answer I needed. I probably should have put it in another section your right on a different forum

Just happened to be at the range with my Yugo, testing IMR4227 powder (I got a few pounds from a neighbor). I use the Lee 8x56 mold an size it down to .329". 212 grain boolit. I still have some development to do, but I can live with this. I got a couple tighter groups, but the were spoiled by a flier..

I got 2" groups at 100 with 4759. (Yugo has a 2.5x handgun scope)..But I have to find a new powder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12