Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: fully automatic swaging machine

Boolit Mold

fully automatic swaging machine

Does anyone know where to buy a fully automatic bullet swaging "not casting" machine?
    As both LLc and Corbin have to be hand loaded.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by brelea View Post
    Does anyone know where to buy a fully automatic bullet swaging "not casting" machine?
    As both LLc and Corbin have to be hand loaded.
    There is a company in Serbia that makes them and sells them. Prvi Partizan and I assume it would be the same as what they use to make bullets.

If these are the ones I'm thinking of it starts with lead and a roll of sheet metal. Makes the cores and jackets thru finished bullets.
    Last edited by perotter; 10-04-2016 at 10:59 PM.

Look into used transfer presses. Waterbury Ferral, Bliss, ect....these are the types of presses used in commercial production. They way I have seen them used have required a seperate operation for producing the lead cores, but the presses can be run at 40-50 PPM and I have seen some modern ones run close to 120ppm.

If you go that route the cost of the used press is minimal compared to the tooling, and time to get said press tooled up and running. I worked on a ICOP style press and converted it to make .38 cal bullets. Just to get it to run parts and prove we could do it, took two guys the summer work 8-10 hour days, plus a fully tooled machine shop doing all the work. It was not a simple endeavor. Even then we couldn't justify polishing a turd to bring it into commercial production. It's not cheap by any means.

I I have been toying with the idea of putting together an automated single stage press, to do one operation, but that's many hours of thought and years down the road for me.

How much are you looking at spending on this Automated set up? And do you really need to be producing 20-30,000 projectiles a day?

BAM - Bullet Assembly Machine

www.greasymachines.com also has a good range of the different brands - Platarg, Baird.

There are other French, German, Spanish and Italian manufacturers as well if your Google is strong.

Mead Industries is also very good for turnkey BAM's refurbishing used presses and re-tooling them.

Just have your cheque book at the ready!
    Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projecitles

Quote Originally Posted by aaronraad View Post

www.greasymachines.com also has a good range of the different brands - Platarg, Baird.

There are other French, German, Spanish and Italian manufacturers as well if your Google is strong.

Mead Industries is also very good for turnkey BAM's refurbishing used presses and re-tooling them.

Just have your cheque book at the ready!

Could just buy Malcomb Bones set up.. I asked him about just selling Jackets since hes set up for every jacket configuration you could ever imagine.. He said nope as he was looking to retire soon...

Rocky Mountain Reloading (RMR) recently purchased a bullet swaging machine for making 115 gr. 9mm bullets. When I talked to Jake at the SHOT Show in January, he was really excited about it, and said he bought the machine in Turkey. I've purchased 5,000 of the bullets made on his machine, and they're a topnotch product.

Here's a link to the machine in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyBSdWsPtJg

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
    Could just buy Malcomb Bones set up.. I asked him about just selling Jackets since hes set up for every jacket configuration you could ever imagine.. He said nope as he was looking to retire soon...
    I knocked on that door a few years ago doing a bit of due diligence before getting into swaging myself and pretty much got the same response.

From what I understand Malcolm has done everything on his Pat-malone up there at Gympie. He's just as likely to retire himself and scuttle Taipan Bullets, as he is to stick a ridiculous price tag on the entire set-up and sell the lot. Great product, but I fear the business itself would be an entirely different beast.
    Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projecitles

Boolit Mold
    If you really want to setup mass production on a Waterbury Farrel the WW2 Winchester manuals for running the production lines are online. They were written with the help of Frankford Arsenal and walk through the setup, each step in the process, gage checks at each stage, how to adjust and parts life for each machine.

Rick

Boolit Mold
    I am a licenced business dealing in reloading tools. And soon will have my firearms dealers licence (FFL)
    I am going to start selling projectiles soon so yea 10,000 + aday is fine

Boolit Mold
    yep thats what i want

Boolit Mold
    Looks like I may hit some comp, makes it the more fun.

I just happened upon that Turkish company, Leadmac, and their YouTube channel showing their machines.

Obviously no small time caster with a handfull of Magma machines is gonna be able to afford the multi-million dollar investment to buy it all - but it appears that if money is no object, Leadmac can provide you with everything you need to become the next RMR or BERRYS or XTREME.

https://www.youtube.com/@leadmacammu...ery4832/videos
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

Boolit Buddy
    You might be interested in this one.
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...waging-Machine

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by aaronraad View Post
    Did you make up the acronym BAM or is it something others are also using? I have bever seen that before.
    Thanks

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by rickv100 View Post
    If you really want to setup mass production on a Waterbury Farrel the WW2 Winchester manuals for running the production lines are online. They were written with the help of Frankford Arsenal and walk through the setup, each step in the process, gage checks at each stage, how to adjust and parts life for each machine.

Rick
    I searched like crazy and could not find them. Got a link?
    Thanks
    Barry

Boolit Master

you do realize those posts are 20 years old. best fully automatic swagger is a dillon 1050 striped down and running a router in the swage station, it cuts the primer pocket instead of just pushing it out, they can be found at https://immortobot.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=464
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead