RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

View Poll Results: Bring Back Brent Danielson's Paper Patching Website

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it served a useful purpose, bring back the Brent's website.

64 95.52%
  • No don't bring it back it was of no use to anyone.

3 4.48%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brent Danielson's Paper Patching Website

I of course am stupider than other people and so I am looking at Mr. Danielson’s website in another window right now.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Moderator Emeritus
    Would you post the link Wills.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jessie/PPB/PPB.htm

Lets add annother response to the poll: "It isnt gone"
    Last edited by wills; 06-14-2008 at 05:04 PM.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Moderator Emeritus
    Huzzah!

That looks like a revamped page.

Many thanks Wills I'll put it as a sticky.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Grand Master

I searched all over and just found dead links not long ago. Then then I read wills post, opened Ixquick (I don't Google) typed in Brent Danielson and surfed a bit. Found lots of dead links but also found one live one.

Good news! Wouldn't have found it if I hadn't read wills post - thanks wills.

Longbow

Moderator Emeritus
    Troughout my years on this planet, I have incessantly continued a search for information on many subjects near and dear to me. One of those subjects is the shooting sports.

This continuous researching his turned up one glaring deficiency; the lack of technical information left in printed form by those who actually did the things we wish to emulate.

This leaves a void which must be filled by renewed experimentation, using new & improved equipment and products.

The Buffalo Hunter may not have had the time and equipment to experiment and record his observations; while the target shooter wrote his notes in a general way as most of the other competitors were using simular methods and equipment. As a result of this many of the techniques and formula's have disappeared into the mists of time along with those who used them.

Just as in the past; there would have been multiple methods and techniques for preparing and shooting firearms as there are today.
    And just as in the past; not all of these methods and techniques will work in all firearms elderly or newly made, as it is with modern firearms.

So, a person who has done the "Hard Yards" so to speak of experimentation has as much RIGHT to offer that information to any person who wishes to use it; or they can keep it to themselves and say nothing (it would be our loss).

A person who disagrees with what is published has just as much right to state in these forums, why. To attack the person as it has been alledged, is not right and if this is the method which has been used to do so; is the attacker prepared to have their information attacked in the same way?

Most times to my knowledge; an attack on the person rather than what they have said means the attacker has NO VALID ARGUMENT against the information.

For what it is worth; everybody (in relation to this thread) be they a Champion Shooter, Top Experimenter & Designer or Magazine Article Writer, had to start somewhere; they weren't just born that way. They have had to learn to crawl, then walk and run just like you and me. Unless there is a thread in the chain of evolution I don't know about.
    So what was their early works like?

Nuh' said; rant off,

John
    Last edited by Bigjohn; 06-15-2008 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Grammar again!
    John, a.k.a. Tiny or Stretch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big john,
    Though I myself am probably seen by some as one of those attackers - I really appreciate your comments on the subject of personal attacks. I totally agree that when a person attacks a person with insults, name calling etc, it correctly signals that they've run out of intelligent argument. Though it doesn't signal that they ever had any of same!

A vigorous attack on the validity of the person's idea or process should not be seen in this light though. And though the argument against someone's ideas is not in itself offering new information maybe, the debunking of a fallacious idea is in itself necessary, and not without benefit.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Why does this above post keep coming up as being current?
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Because people continue to cast a vote in the poll. That is enough to make the thread current again.

-ktw

Fellas, I have no intention of starting a flame war and this will be my only post on this subject, but this thread started on a false premise, and it continues on it. My only intention is to let you know that.

For some unknown reason, U.S. magazine writers and U.S. championship black powder shooters have felt it necessary to criticize Brent's work, because they don't feel he has the credentials to write such material. He is not a championship shooter. He isn't a regular contributor to any periodical. He is an experienced shooter who is willing to share his knowledge with those of use who wish to learn. In the face of criticism from these "esteemed" shooters Brent has pulled his website down
    That IS NOT why Brent receives such little respect from all of those people who have written the magazine articles and books on shooting BPCR rifles, those who conduct regional and national BPCR shooting contest, those who make BPCR rifles, those who design and make custom BPCR bullet moulds, those who make BPCR bullet lubes, and by regionally and nationally ranked BPCR shooters.

When the Black Prince goes to BPCR shooting matches and tells the match directors that they are doing it all wrong, when I tell gun writers they are wrong and I know more than they do, when I tell bullet designers and mould makers they are wrong and I have a better bullet design than they do, when I tell gun makers that they need to improve their rifles by incorporating my design changes, when I tell lube makers that my lube is better than theirs and they didn’t know what they are doing, when I make fun of and put down regionally and nationally ranked BPCR shooters, they don't have any respect for me. They are just jealous because I know more than they do.
    Last edited by Black Prince; 07-03-2008 at 01:48 PM.
    The America I love was when the engine was a V-8, the exhausts were dual, the shift was four on the floor, the white walls were wide, the chrome was thick, the women were straight, and there was no such thing as the as the EPA.

Boolit Master

Since this thread seems to have taken on a life of it's own, I have one more question. This thread started with references to comments made by three "influential" BP shooters. Where did they make these comments? Did they contact Mr. Danielson directly or post them on another forum, etc?
    I would really like to see what started all this.
    John
    W.TN

Moderator Emeritus
    OK gentlemen, can we let sleeping dogs lie here please.

This thread was about Mr Danielson reinstating his PP web site which people found useful.

This has now happened and this tread has served its purpose.

Further picking over the why's and wherefore's isn't going to make any difference now.

So in the interests of everyone let things rest here.

Pukka Bundhooks

Super Moderator

.............In case anyone wonders, I closed the poll. It's served it's purpose and now it's time to say goodnight

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Buddy
    For those of us who recently started BPCR for instance, the article is well written and helpful should I ever venture into paper patching, I'll know where to start. Thanks Dromia!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123