WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lyman Customer Service SUCKS!!!!

Banned

Lyman Customer Service SUCKS!!!!

I recently purchased a new in the box Lyman T-mag reloading press on ebay in July 3rd of this year. Came to me un-opened and as stated brand new. This press worked flawlesly up until I started putting some Tula primers in some REM and Win 38 cases and then snap the primer arm split out. I contacted Lyman Sept 2nd thru an email to their customer service dept and was told the primer are would be warrantied and that I should send them my name and address and they would send me out a new primer arm. Problem solved right? No, not at all. I answered the email and listed my name and address and waited with nothing happening in the mail box. Today I called 10 times and finally got thru to a lady by the name of Jackie and was told I needed to prove where I bought it in other words did I buy it from a dealer. I'm not happy with the response I got from them folks and at this point in time I will NEVER purchase another one of their products. I've never had a problem with RCBS or Dillon or for that matter ANY OTHER manufacturer. I mentioned in the note I sent them that I would mention this here on this forum so that people interested in their products could see their customer service sucks. A damn warrenty is a warrenty and it shouldn't make a difference if some guy bought out a closing reloading stores inventory or not in my opinion.

Boolit Master
    That's odd, because of my experience with them; a Lyman .223Rem resizing die that must have been 40+ years old, from my late fathers' estate. The interior was a little rusty even after cleaning and promptly stuck a case. I sent it to them earlier this year after calling for a return authorization number - of course had no purchase receipt or paperwork of any kind - their service department removed the stuck case & polished the interior and sent it back no charge. Works like a champ now.

Not too many companies will refurbish a 40-year-old, essentially-abused part - no questions asked - and not even charge for return shipping. I only wish I could get that done to my Herter's dies.
    Last edited by Kestrel4k; 09-14-2016 at 08:36 PM.

Boolit Master
    I to Found Lyman To be top Notch for service and Repair. I have Older Lyman product and there service was very Good. . You can't Please all the people all the time
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Six I have a lyman press and I don't use the press to install primers. So I have the primer set up off my press if you would send me a pic I think I can fix you up. Pm if you want up to you,it is not a tmag but it is a crusher, I think it is the same set up.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

I would call again, and again and again...

The hinge that squeaks gets the oil...

Or at some point, someone will get tired of talking to you and have someone else send you what you need.

Boolit Master
    These folks definitely have some issues of providing product support that needs to be addressed. And I was in and around business for a long time before I retired. In 45 plus years of using their stuff I've never not once asked for a free replacement part, I just want to buy what I need. 99 percent of the time I even have the part number. I'm sure they get a lot of obnoxious dorks calling that don't know what they are doing but don't take it out on everyone.

Banned
    What I sent Lyman Customer Service........................................... ...

Jackie,

I had purchased this NEW IN THE BOX Lyman T-Mag reloading press from a gentleman that goes under the name of grandnational 81 on ebay. I purchased this press on July 3rd 2016. Now, I do not have this persons name as I didn't keep the shipping info as I was satisfied it was just as advertised. The box came to me un-opened with all contents listed on the Lyman label. This gentleman sold 4 or 5 of these T-mag presses within a one to two week period of time. I'll save you the trouble of turning me down and make the assumption that Lyman will not honor the warranty on their product simply because I cannot prove I purchased it from a dealer. This is the second Lyman T-mag press I have purchased in the last 20 years with the first being the original "Orange" model. I will also point out that since I am NOT happy with the conversation I had with you I will NOT ever purchase another Lyman product period. I've never been asked by RCBS or Dillon to prove where I purchased their products they have simply honored their warranty. I was under the misconception that Lyman would also honor the warranty on their products. I would have thought that this new improved version of the Lyman T-mag II would have been able to prime more than 200 cases before it broke. I'm more than happy at this point in time to mention my conversation with Lyman service on the cast bullet forum that I frequent and this way the other members interested in Lyman products might think twice before purchasing them and instead opt for a different brand of reloading press and other equipment.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leeggen View Post
    Six I have a lyman press and I don't use the press to install primers. So I have the primer set up off my press if you would send me a pic I think I can fix you up. Pm if you want up to you,it is not a tmag but it is a crusher, I think it is the same set up.
    CD
    Thanks for your offer but I will decline. I can afford another primer arm but its the idea that the lady I talked to didn't want to warranty it because I didn't purchase it from a dealer and I believe that is wrong.

Boolit Master

My experience with Lyman....they just don't care.I'm having issues over a muzzleloader,the lady was rude,left 2 message's on the phone after being transfered.Sent an email,they will get to me in 2 weeks.

There is too many other options out there,than to have to deal with these people and their crappy attitude.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    I to Found Lyman To be top Notch for service and Repair. I have Older Lyman product and there service was very Good. . You can't Please all the people all the time
    I think some here are missing the point. I think a new in the box press should have a warranty regardless of where it came from. I'm irritated because the damn thing broke out the end of the primer arm trying to put primers in cases which were non- military. I think ANYONE here would feel the same way if they had the same circumstances and received no help. Its not that I cannot afford a $20 primer arm its the fact they won't back their product simply because I purchased it from a seller on ebay that probably bought a reloading stores inventory that was unused and since they aren't a "dealer" lyman won't warranty it.

Banned
    Many here have commented on how good RCBS's customer support is. Many have commented on DILLON's customer support. We have their products we have experienced problems and they have taken care of the problems by backing their products. Why is it Lyman won't ?

Banned

Boolit Grand Master
    I have generally had good luck with the Lyman Service Department... the only hiccup I recall recently was when I ordered a new multi-caliber die to put powder through the mouth expander. Oddly enough, the die set lacked the insert I needed, the one for 32 S&W/H&R, but the paperwork included said it (along with other "odd" sizes) was available from their service department (!?!) Anyway, when I called, they told me there was no such thing until I gave them the part number from the paperwork they had sent me. I ordered a couple of them plus a couple of other small items, and other than the exorbitant shipping price they charged was satisfied with that particular transaction. Other transactions have been better, but this is just my experience, YMMV.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Banned
    I guess it takes some ******** to get the warranty taken care of from Lyman. Below is the response after I responded to her request for a receipt. It would seem that she changed her mind or her supervisor changed it for her.

I am sorry that you made the assumption we would not honor the warranty of your part on the press. Here at Lyman Products we are proud to stand behind our products and have all intensions of replacing your part for you whether you were able to provide the proof of purchase or not.
    We always make an attempt to obtain a proof of purchase so we can track patterns or trends in faulty equipment. And based on how your press was purchased I would have assumed you had an emailed receipt from the seller for your press that was just purchased a few short months ago according to what you advised me.

I am sorry to hear that you will be sharing what you view as your negative experience that you had with us here. We had no intensions on trying to make this situation difficult for you.

I notice you still supplied your address and we will still have the part sent out and hope you still plan on using your Lyman press.

I think it sometimes depends on who you make contact with. I had a similar issue with Lee, which also got worked out. I'm convinced I got a bad support rep. Maybe they are new and are still learning. It happens.

On the other hand, I got a bad barrel from Walther and it took a bbb complaint go get them to make good on their warranty. So I'd say don't give up on lyman just yet. It could have been far worse, like my Walther experience.

Banned
    Your probably correct. .....but..... when I contacted Lyman on line threw their support window I wrote the nature of the defect and was answered and told to enclose my name and address in the reply portion which I did and this remained un=answered.

Banned
    Lyman needs to make a decision in my opinion...if they use the on line window to communicate with owners of their products that are experincing problems then they should be willing to actually read the answers from the customers that have replied or if this cannot happen then close down the on-line method of communications and rely on the phone communication method. In my case I got a person that thought I had to be able to prove I purchased my T-mag from a Lyman dealer as per my communication with her on the phone. I was told that I needed to be able to provide the name of the person I purchased the press from so that they could see if this person was a dealer. Hey Lyman!! wake up. If someone purchased your product it shouldn't be necessary to prove anything. You made a product so stand behind your product.

Have tied to purchase a Lyman 25# furnace,via phone and email Was given the run around ,then told to buy from Nioa (big distribitur? here in aus) so I called Nioa and was told none in stock and was told they have not had anything from Lyman for a t least a year.Still no Lyman furnace,but my LEE`S are still going strong.

Banned
    Its down right amazing that I had to respond to her telling her that I frequent castboolits forum and told her I would be mentioning it here before she responded properly and will now honor the warranty which should have not gone under the microscope in the first place. It is my personal opinion based on a conversation with her that she would NOT have done anything for me. I pasted her response to me only removing my name. I should have recorded my conversation with her on the phone as that would have been very interesting to people here as her attitude was less than helpful. As for obtaining the wrong service person or a person having a bad day.... remove them from the service staff if they are incapable of doing their job correctly. I deal with people daily and have NEVER treated anyone incorrectly.

Banned
    sav300Please do answer here outlining the model of Lyman product with the description of the product and your inability to obtain this product as I assume that since I mentioned this site with my response to Lyman customer service I would assume if they are worth their salt they will be reading this thread to see what people are saying and or thinking.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast