Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lil' Gun discontinuied?

Boolit Buddy

Lil' Gun discontinuied?

I just received an email from MidwayUSA regarding Lil'Gun powder being discontinued. Don't know if just not being stocked at Midway or discontinued in general. Anyone have the straight skinny?
    In 2020 congress finally forced the VA to provide Agent Orange coverage to Blue Water Navy Vietnam veterans. RIP shipmates that never received proper care.

Say it aint so Joe! Best, Thomas.

Boolit Grand Master

It appears several powder companies are making big changes to the lineup of products. Many old names are being dropped and some newer names introduced.
    Is it just economics, demand, or is something afoot that hasn't yet been discussed?
    It appears some holes will be left in our choices.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master

Contact Hodgdon to find out if it's discontinued. It has it's place in 410 shot shells so I find it hard to believe they'd drop it from the lineup. Or maybe they finally realized it really is a "hot" powder and removing it from the market.

I don't dispute it, but it's hard to believe. Lil'gun is THE powder for 300 BLK. BUT, the world has lost it's mind so who knows.

Boolit Master
    It's good in the .22 Hornet too.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dualsport View Post
    It's good in the .22 Hornet too.
    It sure is...

Boolit Man
    I don't know if it is discontinued or not but my local dealer just got 6 Lbs. of it today.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    It appears several powder companies are making big changes to the lineup of products. Many old names are being dropped and some newer names introduced.
    Is it just economics, demand, or is something afoot that hasn't yet been discussed?
    It appears some holes will be left in our choices.
    Some powders exist only as military overruns and are sold until exhausted. With all the panic buying, some powders are selling out fast. AA's entire lineup was like that until they got big enough to secure regular production.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

A local dealer just got some last week. I'd bet Midway is just discontinuing it and not the manufacturer.

Moderator Emeritus

I'm pretty much with NoAngel on this. And I've heard the Obama admin's EPA folks and everyone he can enlist in the "purge" is doing all they can to inhibit the production and manufacture of guns and all their service businesses when and wherever they can. What I heard is some of the chemicals used in powder manufacture are "eco-unfriendly," and they're trying to, if not eliminate, then at least make ammo more and more expensive, so fewer and fewer folks can afford it.

Is all that true? If not, it's sure missed a really good opportunity to be true! So much these days, goes on behind the curtain, just like in "The Wizard of Oz," that we can't be absolutely sure of a great deal that is going on today. But we've still got the best gov't "money can buy" though! When "we the people" stop caring what gov't does, gov't tends to really hit its stride, and accelerate to "wide open!" It's an embarassing situation but a very real one, I'm afraid.

Boolit Master

My dealer always calls when something is dropped,because he knows I'll take what he has on hand most of the time,my storage space has almost reached its limits.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

An email or phone call to midway would clear all this hollibaloo up!!!!! Where is the Midway boss anyway, have not heard himm on here for awhile.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Great in .45 LC and .32-20 fast loads...I hope it isn't going away!

Banned

count me amongst the numbers who wont miss its passing.

I'm interested to know, Lloyd, have you had a problem with Lilgun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    count me amongst the numbers who wont miss its passing.

Banned
    I just bought an 8 pound cannister from powder valley (the ONLY place to buy powder).

Banned

yup it burns to hot. Little informal test I did with my 50 Beowulf. 7 shots as fast as I could shoot them with lilgun and you could have about lit a cigarette off my barrel. It was smoking the whole length. I let it cool and shot 7 more again as fast as I could with wc297 and I could put my fingers on the barrel for a second or two. No smoke what so ever. I know that bob baker of freedom arms wont even warrantee a gun that has used it because it does quick damage to the forcing cones. Might be fine in something like a 22 hornet or 3220 that is shot very slowly but even in them theres powders that are just as good without the heat problem so why would I even bother putting it in the powder cabinet. 110, 296, wc297, aa9, all are better choices
    Quote Originally Posted by quail4jake View Post
    I'm interested to know, Lloyd, have you had a problem with Lilgun?

Boolit Master

I guess the answer to using Li'gun is to not machine gun it through you firearm, and you won't have any problems.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    I'm tending to like it in high velocity steel and ITX loading for the sub gauges..20, 28, and 410..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast