RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nevada Cast Boolit Shoot 2005

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Nevada Cast Boolit Shoot 2005

Folks;

The Mountain hath labored and brought forth my work schedule for 2005, and thus I can announce the following:

HEAR YE, HEAR YE!

The SIXTH Annual Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot will take place on May 6, 7, and 8, 2005. Anyone who shoots cast bullets in any way, shape or form is welcome to attend, and based on past editions of the Event, you WILL have a good time [or else....the Good Time Polizei will be called in!] If need be, just bring yourself, and guns and ammo will be in GREAT plenty for your enjoyment.

I don't know what the status of the range will be, as far as longer-range shooting goes, but we'll do just fine, regardless. I'm lookin' forward to it already!

The condensed, no-BS, rockbottom "ROOLS" are these:

-Act safely

-Have fun

-NO WHINING!!!

Rools Kommittee (everyone who attends is a member) meets on Friday for dinner and conversation-lubricants. Shooting is on both Saturday and Sunday, with a BBQ at my place on Saturday evening (for the last two years, anyway) and a closing dinner downtown on Sunday night at a fine Basque-style restaurant.

It's truly a grand time, and please attend if at all possible.

Regards from BruceB in Nevada.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Well, Shucks. At the present time I only have 2 conflicts, unless I count the Garage and Shop (cast and load) building, then it gets to be 3 conflicts.

But I'm going to try to spend at least part of a day, maybe even the evening bragging/consolation time, with y'all.

I hope by this Fall (hunting season) this whole moving business is completely behind us!
    Regards,

WE

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek

Nevada Cast Boolit Shoot 2005

C1PNR, Don't worry about moving. We started our move ten months ago. By the time of the NCBS I will be enjoying myself at Winnemucca, even though there will still be fifty or so boxes left to unload. When the chariot comes to carry me home I will have no regrets if I'm still not all unpacked, but I'd really hate to have missed a Winnemucca shoot! Looking forward to meeting you at my favorite event of the year, curmudgeon

Boolit Master
    Don't forget the pictures for castpics, fellers. sundog

In Remembrance

Only about 3 1/2 weeks to go until NCBS 2005. I inventoried my cast boolits today and see that some of them are running low. It's about time to fire up the Coleman. I sent off the order for the plates for the trophies last week. As the Rools Committee approved last year's selection, I ordered all of them, plus one more. New this year is an added event, best group for a scope sighted steenking peestol. (How many times have YOU seen "The Treasure of Sierra Madre"?) That means that I'll have to bribe the Rools Committee, but that will be a minor expense. I understand that they can be corrupted for beer. So dust off those short-stocked rifles.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

On Heaven's Range

The Shoot draws near!

I've not been posting much about it, because I've been trying to locate a different venue where we can shoot to longer range than the 100 yards now available at the County range in Winnemucca. So far, no dice.

Still, I have no doubt that a fine time will be had by everyone. We can design courses of fire and plinking targets of ample difficulty, believe me!

A suggestion was made that we investigate helium-filled ballons for targets, and I will be following-up on that. Team handgun, with a dozen or so balloons bobbing in the WIND on six-foot strings at fifty yards, should be a "sporting proposition". The clays-on-mesh for team rifle was great last year, and I'd like to do it again this time around....maybe a touch further out????
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Buddy
    I'm making a real effort to be there this year. What am I gonna need? Rifles, pistols - Just bring it all???(need more casting time)

Suggestions on where to park my 5th wheel??

Brian

In Remembrance

Brian, Bring anything you want to shoot as long as it fires cast boolits, or anything you think others might want to shoot. There is a lot of testing each other's guns. Usual events are:

Scoped Rifle 5 shot group @100 (bench)
    Scoped Rifle 5 Shots offhand @100
    Same two events @ 50 for Iron sight Rifles
    Long range rifle- most hits out of 5 @ maximum distance the range alllows, usually 200 yds. This event is always decided by a shoot-off among those tied after the first round.
    Rifle team event. Teams cut a stake, pop baloons or bust clays, best time wins.
    Military bolt rifle event-Issue milsurps on fun targets at 50 yd. No stripper clips.
    Pistol bench group, usually 5 shots at 25.
    Pistol scope group, new this year Rools Committee will make final decision Friday night-bribes accepted. (Rools comittee is everybody who shows up for dinner.)
    Pistol score event, Iron sights, bowling pins, silhouettes, etc. at some impossible distance 50-75 yd.
    Pistol team event-like rifle team event, above.

That should be enough to keep us from roaming the streets and getting into trouble. Generally people meet at the Griddle for lunch Friday, then go out and help set up the range. Warning; you will blow your diet, if any. There will be plenty of oportunity to eat high on the hawg, and enjoy (optional) adult beverages (after the guns have gone night-night.) Competition, while fun, tends to take a back seat to socializing. Do not be surprised to meet numerous clones of yourself.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Buddy
    Golly Moses, it's only three weeks away! The house repairs are moving along but will have to take a weekend off, as the handyman will be in Winnemucca.
    Sadly, LINDA has other commitments and I will be batching it that weekend. Haven't gone to a major social and sporting event without herself in a long, long time. I know, I'll just have to drown my sorrows in good company, good food, and good shooting. The last I'll probably have to watch, you guys know how I shoot.

Really looking forward to seeing you all again.

Ernie

Boolit Buddy

Unhappy

Dang. I'm gonna have to pass on another one. I just got out of the hospital yesterday for cancer surgery. Not sure I'll be healed up enough to travel by then.
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS AN OXYMORON PROMULGATED BY MORONS.

PaulB---Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery.

Banned
    Paul B.....Ditto carpetman...hope you have a speedy and full recovery. Cancer is a bad word in my family. My brother just found out he has pancreatic cancer, this while nursing his wife back to health from removal of a cancerous tumor.

Why is it all the fun shoots are out west? Going to Nevada is just out of the question for this easterner. Wish we had something back this ways, either that or if the govt would fly us all in with all expenses paid...Maybe somekind of special Veteran benefit.

Joe

In Remembrance

PaulB, Our hopes and prayers for your speedy recovery. Bill and Fran

In Remembrance

Joe, Our best wishes and prayers to your brother and his wife. Bill and Fran

Banned
    Thanks Bill and Fran

Joe

Vendor Sponsor
    Hello all!
    Just got registered. Got Monday following the shoot off this year. Finally going to be able to stay for dinner. Probably won't get to Winnemucca till late Friday, so don't be too eager to shut down the rools committee meeting. By the way, where is it? Las Margaritas? Flying Pig? or Paradise Club?

Buckshot, I would like to hear some details about the dog hunt you and Al have planned just in case I get myself fired between now and then. I have an iron in the fire at my old place of employment and would like to time things just right for a long weekend but it is taking longer than I wanted. Never know though. Things are getting a might testy at my present place of employ. Sure would like to know youses plans just in case.

Al, hows the countdown going? How many days, hours, minutes. Got any solid plans yet where you are going to light when it's over?

I went to the big Reno show a couple of weekends ago. I think I strained my neck and eyes looking for a familiar face but didn't run into anyone. I did get a carry holster for my new s&w from a local fellow. Got a good deal, of course what his assistant was wearing didn't exactly drive me away, so I had to buy something. Sure shoots sweet. Anyone have any suggestions on a mould. It is a new model 25 called a Mountain Gun with a 4" bbl in 45 colt. Not sure of the twist rate. I have some lyman swc at 200 gr that were gifted to me years ago not sure of mould #. They shoot right nice with 7 gr of imr7625. I was thinking maybe something a bit heavier, maybe alot heavier, but wanted some expert opinions....BruceB you out there?

ammohead

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

Ncbs '05

I'll be there,and have my favorite personal photographer (and all purpose supervisor ) with me. Leasee's ,don't forget your obligations! Are we still on for noonish Friday at the Griddle ?? Urny,we will be missing Linda Herself ,too..Onceabull & Joybull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

In Remembrance

Onceabull, I expect to be at the Griddle for lunch on Friday, maybe with that kid who shots altogether too well for one so young. He lacks a proper respect for his elders. Haven't heard where the rools committee dinner is yet.

Ammohead, glad to see you can stick around for dinner Sunday. You had to have passed within 250 yd. of my place on the way to the Big Reno Show. Urny and I were there Friday.

On Heaven's Range

Yo, ammohead!

Yep, I'm here. Usually check what's going on here several times a day (or night....I'm at work right now).

It's great to see that you managed to find the new site, and we're sure anticipating seeing you at the Shoot in early May. Your unheralded and unexpected arrival at last year's shindig was a definite high point.

Stick around, pard.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

Talking

NVCurmudgeon: Check your e-mail for some good news...
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast