WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did Car camping become Boondocking?

This is the way I did it.

20' Rpod 189. We did do a little boondocking but not much.

Spent 6 weeks 16 miles NW of Hot Springs Arkansas at the Ron Coleman quartz mine. They have a nice little RV park that was very quiet in Oct & Nov. 60 yards to the showers/laundry facility. Lots of pine and oak tree's. The far side of the little road that runs around it was fenced, undeveloped. Saw deer, turkeys close to the camper. Dog loved it, I had a corkscrew stake and a 25 foot retracting leash that let him reach 5 tree's without enough slack to get around or tangled on any of them. He spent days just nosing through 6 inches of dried oak leaves. Sleeping in the sun. Incredibly peaceful.

I sure wish this covid crap would go away so I can go back to it.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    next time I decide to go camping I'm pretty sure it will be boon docking or not in a traditional campground, had some bad experiences. on e sticks in my mermory very vividly it was in Virginia off the blue ridge parkway. it was late summer, was not too hot to be camping at low elevation. paid our fees got tent set up had dinner and had a little fire in the fire ring for some toasted marshmallows, just as the sun was going down we were all swarmed by cockroaches, palmetto bugs everywhere
    crawling all over us and everything. kids were really freaked out. we threw water on fire, dragged the tent and everything up threw it all in back of truck, got in and raced around the mountain roads to the nearest motel. many of the busy public campgrounds are just way too overcrowded for my liking anyway. been thinking of maybe getting a school bus to convert to a camper. Denise and the grandkids seem very interested in maybe going on road trip and camping out west in the summer.
    from what I understand there are a few web sites that will tell you where you can camp for free or boondock on public lands, national forests and BLM land.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12