MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load DataInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Will this work??

Boolit Mold

Will this work??

I took an 8mm bullet (sized 325) not lubed, using a cigarette roller rapped the paper. Size was .330 after it dried. melted a little alox and lubed the bullets. sized them in my Lyman sizer back to .325. Do you think I drive these bullets to JB velocities without leading the barrel?

Boolit Master
    Theoretically, it could work. Or, maybe not. No one can say with any certainty (especially as every rifle is different) .....you'll just have to try them. .325" final diameter MAY be a bit too large to get the best results. As you would with any load, start low and work up. You'll find the maximum load in time, with enough experimentation. I would recommend only medium fast or medium rifle powders for this, such as Reloder 7 or IMR-3031....or something similar. You might even get good results with a bit slower powder, like IMR-4064. Faster powders, like SR4759 or 2400 (or even faster) will NOT allow you to get to the velocities you want, without exceeding maximum safe pressures. I have been getting good results myself (in my Yugo M48, 8mm rifle) with plain-based bullets (170 grain, flat-nose), first sized to .314", then wrapped two times with .0020" (ordinary lined notebook) paper, with a final dried diameter of about .324". I am getting about 2000 fps at the muzzle with about 32.4 grains of IMR-3031. I am still looking for the MOST accurate load, but the 3031 powder is a good one for this application and I should be pretty close.