Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: prayers for my PaPa

Perma-Banned

Prayer sent.

Boolit Master
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Went to visit him this morning and find out the options, looks like hospice or in home care from here on out. He is lucid and at least in less pain now, though nature will eventually run its course. I will be absent from the forum for a bit while I process this and help my father out as possible.

Again, thanks for taking the time.

-Derek
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Buddy
    Prayers already sent for a painfree passing to a life with Jesus and NO pain, ever again.

God bless you and yours.
    Wife to Gray Wolf. It was time to get my own handle I guess cause

Prayers sent

Moderator Emeritus

Derek, It is good that your PaPa is experiencing less pain. My prayer is for comfort and grace for your father. Visit with him often and take note of those things that you want to ask and need to ask.....when my father was terminal, I took Family Leave and stayed with my father for the last 2 weeks....it was sad yet some of the best times I had with him.....May God bless you and your father......AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Moderator Emeritus

Amen to what Paul said. We all have our time, and if this is your PaPa's, may it be as sweet and painless a transition as possible. But if possible, Lord, let him be with us yet a while longer, and please descend upon him with your grace and mercy. Amen.

Boolit Master
    Well, update from the dr/nurses today. Feeding tubes are out of the question, he can't do intubation or handle the nasal version, and his heart won't handle the PIC? feeding. Good news, he is able to hold down ensure and eat small meals so he'll be with us a bit longer. We are transitioning to home hospice with a nurse stopping by 12hrs a day to start for maintenance and pain medication. Once we have a baseline we will move forward from there. His express wishes earlier in this process was to go home and spend as much time there as possible, with an in patient facility being a last resort. he has sense decided to be stubborn and not want any help/to be a burden and I categorically denied hearing anything of the sort.

If anyone is familiar or gone through similar circumstances feel free to reach out, at this point we are just executing the plan he left in place and following his best interests as we can.

Thanks for the continued prayers, I don't really have much to add other than that, I'll just sit with him and keep him company.

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    Stay strong in the lord he is your strength
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    Prayers up.

Moderator Emeritus

Derek, It is apparent that your PaPa is very ill. It is good that he can eat some and drink some. Spend as much time as you can with him and ask those questions that are on your mind and your heart. Like I said, this time is crucial and can be sad and great at the same time.

Father, Please continue to bring comfort and grace to Derek's PaPa. He is at a crossroad and he needs you to wrap Your loving arms around him and give him those things that us mere humans can not do. I give You all the praise. AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Derek, lean on Jesus as you care for your papa.
    Lord you hold this family in your arms and comfort them, give them strength to care for papa as the healing process continues.
    Lord prepare them for your perfect will for papa.
    Amen

Moderator Emeritus

Derek, this is one of the most heart rending and difficult times a man can face. Just stick with the Master and he'll see you all through it. It's times like these, when we're forced to face so many facts of life that we don't normally want to face, that some of our most crucial lessons can be learned. The pain of loss is based largely on the pleasure and fine example those folks like your Papa have provided you for so many years. This is a time when his wishes and decisions are paramount, and surpass most of our own wishes. Just do as he has directed when his mind was clear, and he'll thank you later, and give you a well-earned hug in Christian faith. You WILL meet again on the other side. And we never really lose the great and significant ones in our lives. All they taught us, and instilled in us, and the examples they set for us, are everlasting, and cannot be lost, so even if he's not here physically with you at some point, he'll still be inside you, and you can really thank God for that. Not everyone has good Moms, Dads, and Grands. Only the really lucky ones. Be sure to thank God for that, and all your Papa meant to you, and for His letting you have him here for so long. I am SO grateful to God for the family I've had! It's a very humbling and blessed thing to have really good family.

Boolit Master
    Would you believe this stubborn ol' blood? We are back at home and he insists on following his routine still. Won't let me help him at all besides annoying him by checking on him. Even went off the pain meds because he didn't like feeling "fuzzy" and forgetful. Insists on still doing his "chores" around the house. Going to miss him a bunch, hope the nurses don't pester him too much tomorrow. Apparently they are not very timely and we are punctual type folks that don't like being ignored.

I'll keep posting my updates here if it doesn't bother anyone, just trying to keep my thoughts straight and kill some time while he rests.

Thanks Yall!

Prayers sent. I learned with my Dad that it was really important to take care of myself while caring for him..

Moderator Emeritus

Now THAT is AWESOME news! Thank God for the power of prayers! Is our God a wonderful God or what?

Moderator Emeritus

The will to live can sometimes bring a miracle so I will keep up the prayers.

Moderator Emeritus

Derek, Your PaPa is definitely his own man! Glad he is home and glad you are trying to help and be with him......remember, You wont change him.....he has a lot of experience being the man that he is ..... Still praying for comfort and peace for your dad, you, and your family....Paul

I'm also not much on putting words on the screen, however, prayers have been sent.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Quote Originally Posted by opos View Post
    Prayers sent. I learned with my Dad that it was really important to take care of myself while caring for him..
    Wise advice, Derek. Prayers sent
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen,sounds like he's doing little better,I hate that "fuzzy feeling" myself
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here