Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please talk me out of primer filler

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the details, Run5run. Jake most of the stuff on your list is already happened(-ing), so I guess I'm not in much danger

Boolit Buddy
    So I'll be odd man out and I have had great success with the virbraprime. Only fed it Winchester primers and found that tilting it to the side and back to let primers form a line made it seamless.
    Those stress balls really work..... When you get to shove them down a persons throat.

Banned

that's why you get all the wining about them. Guys buy them stick some primers in pull the trigger and if it doesn't feed perfectly they stick it back in the box. If you take the time to learn how to handle them like you said how you tilt them and how to make the primers line up to go in they work great. Not flawlessly but good enough that I'm SURE NOT going to go back to a primer flip tray and picking them up with the tube and if I could prove it id bet anyone that owns a dillion filler that I can load 5 tubes faster then they can using my vibraprime I payed less then 50 bucks for and id have 350 bucks left over to buy a couple cases of primers.
    Quote Originally Posted by standles View Post
    So I'll be odd man out and I have had great success with the virbraprime. Only fed it Winchester primers and found that tilting it to the side and back to let primers form a line made it seamless.

Boolit Grand Master

I spent over an hour each on two separate vibraprimes trying to get them to work. Tried them w/ both primer sizes. I only use one brand of primers so if it won't feed them it's a worthless tool.

I'd bet good money that most people are like me and tried to get them to work. Two hours of wasted time is more than enough to say the units are junk. Everyone will have a different threshold. But reloaders as a whole aren't ones to not try to get a tool to work.

Banned

LEE still being in business disproves that theory.

Hey Lloyd I bet I can fill a primer tube and load 30 rounds faster....
    okay not really.
    I don't load that fast.
    but I can knock out about 15 or so while the tube is filling for me.

Boolit Master

I have only ever used one Vibra Prime from the early nineties. I have loaded CCI, Winchester and wolf primers and large and small pistol and large and small rifle. You have to tilt the tray to the side and back a little bit when the tray is full to let the primers align and feed out of the tray into the drop tube as one line of primers. If you tilt it forward toward the drop tube the primers will bunch up and will not feed into the tube. The trick is to tilt the tray away from the tube so that the primers will line up single-file and drop right into the tube. Actual fillin of th tube might take 20 or 30 seconds.

Brad

Lloyd sent me an old tray out of a vibra prime, all I do is hold the tube against the hole and I shake it gently with some small taps against the edge of the bench or against the press and it loads very quickly, certainly faster than pick and poke with a tube and flip tray. No batteries to leak out and ruin the insides either.

Thanks once more Lloyd...charlie
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by tja6435 View Post
    The Frankfort vibraprime filler works great, once you get used to it. Some brands of primers do not feed through it for anything, they just get hung up and won't drop into the tube no matter how hard you shake it. CCI, S&B primers feel through it like butter. Remington and Winchester primers hang up pretty bad.
    This has been my experience exactly.

Banned

you do have me there. You can load while yours are filling.
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    LEE still being in business disproves that theory.

Hey Lloyd I bet I can fill a primer tube and load 30 rounds faster....
    okay not really.
    I don't load that fast.
    but I can knock out about 15 or so while the tube is filling for me.

Banned

I guess I will say this. For every one of you that cant seem to get a grasp on using one theres 5 who love them. FA discontinued them and had a flood of requests to bring it back and did. Its been back a couple years now and there selling enough to keep them going. I guess theres grown men who cant drive a stick shift. Does that make them junk? Nope! It usually means that the grown man is either to lazy to spend a few minutes or hours learning. Instead its easier to call them all junk and that way you just don't look incompetent or lazy. Like I said in the other post. Ill take any of them that you think are junk. I said it a couple days back and haven't had one offer Heck id gladly send you the 5 bucks shipping cost. I really hate to think that thing is lying on your loading bench raising your blood pressure. I know I sure don't have problems getting them to work and know ALOT of others who don't either. Id sure hate to see some of you deal with something like a pro1000 or promaster lee progressive press. I'm far from a rocket scientist and have managed to make a half dozen of them to work just fine and have used a few more that buddys of mine have bought. Some might need some tweaking some not but if you can master loading on a progressive press of kind your going to find they occasionally need a bit of tweaking too and there sure not junk. Maybe some here should just stick to a single stage press and a lee primer. Oh wait, theres some that cant seem to get them to run right either and call them junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I spent over an hour each on two separate vibraprimes trying to get them to work. Tried them w/ both primer sizes. I only use one brand of primers so if it won't feed them it's a worthless tool.

I'd bet good money that most people are like me and tried to get them to work. Two hours of wasted time is more than enough to say the units are junk. Everyone will have a different threshold. But reloaders as a whole aren't ones to not try to get a tool to work.

Boolit Master

late to the party as usual...
    like a couple of guys above I have 2 Dillons.

Mine work without problems. Don't need pre-filled tubes just empty directly into press and load up another 100 primers while I'm loading using the first 100.

One thing I did find is the clear plastic 'tab' just before the drop hole sometimes bends down because of the heat in the garage. 100º in closed garage day after day will do that that to them. Quick bend up and it's fine
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master

As mentioned before, if you suffer from carpal tunnel or arthritis then using a tube filler is probably for you. I do suffer from both and being the frugal "cheap" type I bought a FA unit. Yes, I had to tweak it to work right, but I can now fill both large and small primer tubes quickly without any discomfort. I typically use CCI primers and these feed fine but I have had occasions with other brands being troublesome but no show-stoppers. Typical fill-time is around 30 seconds with no discomfort. YMMV.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy
    Well apparently CB therapy doesn't work at all, so I've just had to check for myself and ordered RF100 in SP from Dillon. Guess I'll have it by the end of the week and would have my own opinion "is it worth it" . The reason I've shied away from FA solution is reports that it may allow upside down primers. Just don't feel like playing this shell game...

Banned

If you pay attention you wont have flipped primers. You can see them flipping. Again if you want a tool that you can load and pull the trigger and ignore its not for you. IF you want to have a beer while loading primer tubes its not for you. If you still use training wheels on your bike its not for you. Even if you want to load 5000 primers without one single mistake its not for you. But then I don't think theres a single Dillon primer loader on earth that can do 5000 without a mistake either. Don't worry Kayala spend a hour or so learning how to hold it and when to give it a tiny shake and youll be loading tubes 3 times faster then you will by hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayala View Post
    Well apparently CB therapy doesn't work at all, so I've just had to check for myself and ordered RF100 in SP from Dillon. Guess I'll have it by the end of the week and would have my own opinion "is it worth it" . The reason I've shied away from FA solution is reports that it may allow upside down primers. Just don't feel like playing this shell game...

Banned

By the way not one single offer by all the bashers to send me those *** tools.

Banned
    I don't have one nor do I have a bullet collator. Still fill primer tubes using a lee hand primer. I use the black plastic piece to carefully dump the primers into it and then I turn it over once I have put the top on it. I remove the top and all the primers are in the correct position to fill my primer tube. This is low tech but it works.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    By the way not one single offer by all the bashers to send me those *** tools.
    Lol I'm not bashing FA product at all; in fact I'll might get one later on, just to see how it works (compared to Dillon's FA price is much easier to swallow )

Banned

come on now. I know all you guys that REALLY bought one and hated it didn't throw it in the garbage. Figured id have had at least a half a dozen offers to get that junk out of your loading room by now Either you found a way to make it work, didn't buy one to begin with and are just adding to internet bs about them or like to look at useless blue plastic. My guess is the first senerio.

Banned
    I'm cheap too cheap to buy a filler instead I use the primer flipper thing and it works well. I just load up a few primer tubes ahead of time and have them waiting to be used. I use the money I would have spent for something else I need. When I win the lottery then I will purchase a primer tube filler. I would however be willing to purchase your used primer filler for 10 cents on the dollar. Maybe I'll raise the offer to 20 cents on the dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by tja6435 View Post
    The Frankfort vibraprime filler works great, once you get used to it. Some brands of primers do not feed through it for anything, they just get hung up and won't drop into the tube no matter how hard you shake it. CCI, S&B primers feel through it like butter. Remington and Winchester primers hang up pretty bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by chsparkman View Post
    This has been my experience exactly.
    Tried mine yesterday (it has been a long time since) with the S&B primers.. IT WORKS like a Charm! And I have a lot of those Sellier & Bellots in stock.. YES!
    Last edited by Ola; 09-20-2016 at 02:45 PM.
    --------
    SISU

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast