Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Any of the original crew still around?

Boolit Master
    The more I cast for different guns and calibers the more I realize the less I know.

Cast Boolits Owner

I remember stumbling onto the original site using my birth name as my screen name. When it closed Ken reopened it under the Aimoo setup because they advertised ease of use which really meant no-frills, very basic software that did not get along well with Ken. Ken eventually found Willy and a partnership was formed wit Willy as the webmaster & Ken the owner. With time Ken's disability as well as his tolerance for those whose only goal in life appeared to be causing hate & discontent on the board lead him to hang up his holster turning the board over to me where I became the one with a target on his back. For the most part this place is the best on the net, not because of me but because of the members.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    Still hanging around. This site has a lot of knowledge assembled that goes way beyond casting.

Boolit Master
    I joined 2-27-2008.Don`t post much,but I sure enjoy reading the posts.I think the first boolits that I cast was under the stern gaze of my Grandfather when I was about 7(about 1952).We were casting for his 1873 (SSA .45 colt) and TD Springfield.These were ORIGINALS from that era.Brother,were they fun to shoot with his BP loads.Sure miss him a bunch.Thanks to all for a swell place to enjoy and relax.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I really noticed it one day when shooting with my buddy that got me into the linebaughs. We both had 500s out that day. I had one of my 4 inch guns and he had a 4 5/8s. I was shooting a load that pushed a 440 to about 1150. He was shooting the same bullet at 1300. What first amazed me was the sound. His was twice as loud and a much sharper bark. Shooting them side by side was about like shooting a 38 special and then grapping a 44 mag shooting 300s! You paid a lot for that extra 150 fps. Ive notice like you that a small increase in bullet weight or velocity in the 475 or 500 is much more noticeable then it is in a 44 mag or 45 colt.
    To those that haven't experienced it, it's hard to believe the difference. The most noticeable to me was one day I was at the range with my 7 1/2" 480, my loads were a 390 gr LBT over 21 gr H-110 and they clocked either 1170 or 1190 fps over the chrono. A buddy had a 5 1/2" bisley 475 linebaugh, as I recall 400 gr cast over 25 gr H-110 which chronoed a whopping 1210 fps. Essentially identical loads, but to me the recoil of the 475 felt almost double.

Even in the 480 with my XLFN bullets that give the same powder capacity as a 475 I can get another 100 fps and change, but recoil is severly increased.

My thought is, if 400 gr @ 1200 fps won't do the trick, I'll bring a big rifle.

Banned

and that is a good thought

Boolit Master

Was with Shooters.com until it folded. Then I found Cast Boolits by accident and have been here since. My old moniker was bigboomer but someone already had that one cornered when I arrived so now its Big Boomer.