Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just had my Freedom Arms model 83 done in Black Nitride

Boolit Master

nitride is very rust resistant.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Thank you sir. I keep thinking about doing one or more of my Marlin leverguns, and maybe some others. How rustproof is it? I'm really not familiar with its properties. Would it pretty well rust-proof a blued gun?
    Rust resistance is one of its cheap attributes.
    [

Moderator Emeritus

You've got me thinking now. That usually costs me money! I knew better than to ask, but .... couldn't resist! I think it's part of being a gun nut?

AbitNutz: your gun came out looking real nice. As far as your pics go they are fine too. Nobody here expects Magazine quality Photographs of guns. I post a lot of pics here and none of mine are all that.

I am fortunate in that my wife sells stuff on Ebay and takes lots of pics and has a small photo booth setup in our studio. She uses her I phone to take the pics and I have to admit it takes better pics than my $400 digital Camera.I try to take pics of smaller stuff in there as I can get the lighting the way it looks good.

I probably won't be sending my NAA Pug to H&M simply because the gun is worth $300 and adding $200 to that would not be prudent. I will Cera Kote it instead as I can do it myself and use a Toaster Oven to cook the stuff on. I just have to cut the barrel off and do a sight dovetail and take the gun apart for the refinish. I have already done one CZ82 and have one more to do so I will make it a run so to speak and do all the parts at the same time.

Thanks for showing us your gun. It is definitely something to be proud of and will certainly outlast all of us.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the kind words...maybe I won't have to get my ugly sister counselling after all.
    [

Banned

WHY on stainless??? Good Freedom and more thousands that can't shoot better then a Ruger. Feel good is all, try to sell it and make a profit. You will get less then the original cost.
    Watch Pawn stars. If the gun will shoot better then a factory Freedom because it looks better after thousands more, A sucker is born every minute.
    I was told to treat you better.

Boolit Master
    I don't like the brighter look of stainless. It's just not a finish I appreciate. I buy guns I like and that I like to shoot. Until just recently and I mean like they're still not generally available, you couldn't get a 454 Casull in a Blackhawk. I bought this F/A at an auction for $700.00. I put $99.00 for Magnaport and $150.00 for the finish. I think I'm still safe on cost....and make no mistake. This is really a well made gun. Is it worth the $2,200 retail? I think it may well be. But I know it's worth moer than the $950.00 I have in it...not that I'm ever going to sell it.

To tell the truth, I AM FREAKIN' THRILLED ABOUT THIS GUN! It is awesome! It shoots awesome and I might well be buried with it.
    [

Take it outside and photo it.
    Early evening, with the low sun shining on it.
    Make sure the sun is behind YOU when you take the picture so you aren't taking a picture of the side that is in shadow.

It will be much better than trying to do it inside with the crappy light bulbs they sell these days.

I would like to see the finish in a better picture. Probably some of the other codgers here would as well.
    Last edited by John in WYO; 09-04-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    WHY on stainless??? Good Freedom and more thousands that can't shoot better then a Ruger. Feel good is all, try to sell it and make a profit. You will get less then the original cost.
    Watch Pawn stars. If the gun will shoot better then a factory Freedom because it looks better after thousands more, A sucker is born every minute.
    You never miss an opportunity to slam a FA's. And its none of your concern if he wants to sell, or doesn't want to. Not everyone in life will only spend money to make a profit.

BTY, OP, that's a nice looking revolver!

Boolit Master
    I never thought I would get a chance to own an F/A. They are all they're cracked up to be. The machining is perfect. I was really fortunate.
    [

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    grow up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12