Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Can You ID This Peep Sight on My 98 Krag?

Boolit Master

Can You ID This Peep Sight on My 98 Krag?

I recently purchased my 2nd 98 Krag and it had a peep sight installed on the bolt. It is pinned to the extractor and has three small screws for windage and elevation adjustment. I have been unable to find anything like it, but figure it must have been an add on for sporterizing them... Any information as to the make and value of the sight would be appreciated. I have a Redfield "no-drill" sight that I would rather use, but hesitate in removing this sight until the ID and value can be determined. Thanks for your assistance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160823_225132964.jpg  
    Perhaps my learning skills have diminished in my senior years.. 50 years ago I could read something once and then "have it"... Now I read it about three times, do it a couple of times and then... "have it" only about half the time.

Boolit Master
    Looks pretty much like a Rice peep sight. Cannot see it that well but that's my best guess. Frank

Boolit Master
    Thanks Frank46.. Here are a couple of other views.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160823_225524521.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	175102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160823_225551942.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	175101
    Perhaps my learning skills have diminished in my senior years.. 50 years ago I could read something once and then "have it"... Now I read it about three times, do it a couple of times and then... "have it" only about half the time.

It is not a Rice sight. Here are some pics of a Rice. I don't know what it is, but somebody will.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pix505703102.jpg   pix076643555.jpg  
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

That Rice sight is perfect simplicity.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

It looks home made to me.

hey, watch where ya point that thing!

Boolit Master
    If it is, they must have been pretty good... the picture doesn't show the detail, but the fine threads and the press fit of the two pieces are more than many could handle... the aperature had been soldered on originally and looks like epoxy was added fairly recently...