Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Suppressed Henry .357 Rifle

Suppressed Henry .357 Rifle

Here's a link to a suppressed Henry .357 rifle that looks like a lot of fun:

http://fishgame.com/2016/07/silenced...+357+Lever+Gun

At the end of the video, there's another link to a suppressed Marlin .357 rifle that also looks like fun.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

I love my Rossi

je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    I had a friend do up a Winchester .30-30 into a Cowboy .300 Blackout. I.need to have my Marlin threaded...maybe send it to RPP first.

Boolit Master
    30-30 is actually pretty easy to suppress. Not a ton of case capacity to deal with, no worrying about cycling an auto loader. Only issue is the barrel twist, just not going to buy one with a fast twist. My old stevens bolt gun, 170gr going that slow is at the edge of stable. And just wont run a cast bullet very well. But it will drill some 150gr FMJ into cloverleaf groups all day subsonic.

I did a barrel stub of a Rossi w a fast twist barrel, it will throw the 225gr match and NOE 247gr with ease. Only takes about 6gr of S1000 with the cast.

Usual issue I see w a lever gun is getting them threaded. My Rossi the mag tube is right to the end, be hard to cut it back. So maybe some sort of adapter to put the threads out past the muzzle.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry41 View Post
    30-30 is actually pretty easy to suppress. Not a ton of case capacity to deal with, no worrying about cycling an auto loader. Only issue is the barrel twist, just not going to buy one with a fast twist. My old stevens bolt gun, 170gr going that slow is at the edge of stable. And just wont run a cast bullet very well. But it will drill some 150gr FMJ into cloverleaf groups all day subsonic.

I did a barrel stub of a Rossi w a fast twist barrel, it will throw the 225gr match and NOE 247gr with ease. Only takes about 6gr of S1000 with the cast.

Usual issue I see w a lever gun is getting them threaded. My Rossi the mag tube is right to the end, be hard to cut it back. So maybe some sort of adapter to put the threads out past the muzzle.
    The ones I've seen usually lose a round from the mag tube, or switch to a carbine tube and cut the barrel back to 18" or so. Henry rifles are right out, though!

My favorite combo has been a 336AW with JM stamp wearing an EoTech 512 I picked up nice and cheap. I just got a line on a reputable local shop that will thread and relocate the sights, so I think it might be time to drop off a few rifles. Might wait and have my new Contender barrel done at the same time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry41 View Post
    Like the Beretta 92 there is a little bit long on the barrel compared to the mag tube.
    had my smith thread that - then some of the cans were hitting - so he made a tube extender
    one side male other female 1/2x28 so could put that on between the can and barrel.
    worked like a champ.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    The Rossi threading is on my rather long list of projects.

Boolit Bub
    It is way too much fun. Rossi 92 suppressed with a Form1 freeze plug suppressor. Way fun.
    The 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adapter extends it past the mag tube so it fits.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh9Vy0KweEM