Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooters World Data

Boolit Buddy

Shooters World powder

Just picked up 2 lbs of Shooters World powder from the LGS because it was about all they had in stock and was $20lb so I figured I would give it a whirl. Loaded up a ladder of "Clean Shot" with 125gr 9mm FMJs over 4-4.5grs just to test it out. The stuff is actually rather impressive. Burns super clean, meters great and the accuracy is better than what I can shoot. Seems to be on par with Titegroup. Still have to test out the "Tactical Rifle" and then move into working up loads for cast.

Boolit Master

I use Shooters World "Blackout" powder in my .300 Blackout and am very pleased with it. This powder is supposed to be similar to AA1680. It burns clean and the accuracy is very good. Good price too.

Ken

Boolit Buddy

My local powder prices are borderline obscene. Paid $32 for the last pound of Longshot I picked up so its great knowing that in a pinch between online orders or gun shows that this powder is a very cost efficient option in a pinch. Some of the guys at the range were telling me that there is a local guy that is a rep and sells it for 15 bucks a pound. I'm going to see if I can't track him down and if this is true I will be stocking up on an 8lber or two.

Boolit Man
    I haven't seen the Shooter's World powder yet. I use a lot of Titegroup for my 45acp. If I see some I will have to give a shot. Thanks for the info.

Boolit Grand Master
    Never heard of it. Thanks for the info.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Buddy

Its apparently a powder from the Czech Republic, I had never heard of it either. If it weren't for being in a bind and few options locally, my patriotism would have prevented me from buying it. I put about 300 rounds downrange yesterday and normally Longshot will leave my Glock all kinds of sooty, this stuff is really clean. Im impressed with it so far.

Boolit Master

Some of the places that Shooters World powder are available are Powder Valley and North Georgia Reloading. I have become a real fan of their "Blackout" powder.

Ken

Boolit Master

Never heard of it but will keep an eye out for it.

Yes, powder prices have become obscene along with primers, but I buy what I can find as it beats not being able to get any.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy

Selway Armory had a sale on small rifle primers last week, not sure if its still going but I picked up 10,000 for 20 bucks a thousand. Think Cabelas is doing something similar right now.

Boolit Bub
    If this is the Lovex brand powder, I have used different types of it and love it. I cannot remember the designation but they have a powder that is very similar to AA5744 (if not exactly the same) which costs less and is available. Lovex powder is very good stuff, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by skeet1 View Post
    Some of the places that Shooters World powder are available are Powder Valley and North Georgia Reloading. I have become a real fan of their "Blackout" powder.

Ken
    Several months ago I picked up a couple of pound's of the shooters world powder from North Georgia Reloading. ( The store is only two miles from my home) I never took the time until a couple of months ago to get serious with my test rounds in my 45 acp. I was happy with the results ! I know N Ga Reloading also travels in different states and sells at the gun shows. ( And yes this is Lovex powder)

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by kerreckt View Post
    If this is the Lovex brand powder, I have used different types of it and love it. I cannot remember the designation but they have a powder that is very similar to AA5744 (if not exactly the same) which costs less and is available. Lovex powder is very good stuff, IMHO.
    Lovex D060-01 (aka D060) is similar to AA5744. Shooters World markets (or plans to market) it as ''Cowboy''.
    Last edited by rwadley; 07-02-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rwadley View Post
    Lovex D060-01 (aka D060) is similar to AA5744. Shooters World markets (or plans to market) it as ''Cowboy''.
    I'm interested

Boolit Grand Master

My understanding is that it is Lovex. Been seeing it at gunshows for several months but at the same price as others ive seen no reason to get any
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Moderator Emeritus

SW Clean Shot = Lovex D032-03
    SW Match Rifle = Lovex D073-06
    SW Tactical Rifle = Lovex D073-01 (D073-08)
    SW AR Plus = Lovex D073-04
    SW Blackout = Lovex D063-02
    SW Auto Pistol = Lovex D036-03
    SW Major Pistol = Lovex D037-01
    SW Heavy Pistol = Lovex D037.02
    SW Ultimate Pistol = Lovex D036-07
    SW Cowboy = Lovex D060-01

Quickload has them all as Lovex powders if you need starting loads.
    Last edited by wiljen; 07-10-2016 at 08:26 PM.
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Coopaloop86 View Post
    Just picked up 2 lbs of Shooters World powder from the LGS because it was about all they had in stock and was $20lb so I figured I would give it a whirl. Loaded up a ladder of "Clean Shot" with 125gr 9mm FMJs over 4-4.5grs just to test it out. The stuff is actually rather impressive. Burns super clean, meters great and the accuracy is better than what I can shoot. Seems to be on par with Titegroup. Still have to test out the "Tactical Rifle" and then move into working up loads for cast.
    Which shop in Tally is carrying the Shooters World Powder(s)?
    Thanks in advance.

Shooters World Data

I was in North Georgia Reloading today and picked up some load data sheets .I just made a scan of the Data.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by yancey; 07-23-2016 at 03:46 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Thanks yancey

Boolit Grand Master

Boolit Buddy

Talon Range has a decent supply of the shooters world powder in Tally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast