Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Lyman 310 Swap thread

Boolit Grand Master
    I still prefer the 310 tool vs the Lee Loader and I’m definitely more heavily invested in the 310. This is good since the commercial sources for 310 stuff are gone and it’s all achieved collector status now.
    As I stumble on good deals or as forgotten pieces emerge from the wormhole of my reloading bench, I’ll offer them here first, but I can’t promise to be anywhere near as active with selling or swapping them as in the past… my sources have just seemed to have dried up.
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Quote Originally Posted by trooperdan View Post
    I have a few extra universal decapping dies, I'd be interested in finding other uses for them.
    I've turned several into muzzle resizers, expanders, and bullet seaters by making inserts on my lathe. Everything but a FL sizer for the .28-30-120, ditto for the .25-10 Stevens, (rimfire converted to reloadable centerfire), ditto again for .25-25 Stevens, and neat seater/crimper for the .32 Colt.

The .25-25 decapper/muzzle resizer/expander kit:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails muzzle resizer photo.jpg  
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

I'm looking for a .323 expander for 8x57, I have several sizes to offer in trade if anyone has one they will part with. I'd actually prefer a .324 or a fat .323, I'm not sure Lyman actually made a .324.
    Last edited by trooperdan; 11-02-2023 at 07:03 PM.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by trooperdan View Post
    I'm looking for a .323 expander for 8x57, I have several sizes to offer in trade if anyone has one they will part with. I'd actually prefer a .324 or a fat .323, I'm not sure Lyman actually made a .324.
    For 310 or Tru Line ?
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    For 310 or Tru Line ?

D'0h! sorry, 310

Boolit Master
    I've got a set of small handles available, if anyone needs them. Would trade for a set of .357 Sig dies (standard 7/8-14 TPI dies).
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

I just went through a group of my 310 dies trying to make them all complete, came close but as aways, needing a few small items to be correct. I have a bunch of trade material if you have any of this list of stuff.

Seating screws 244, 226, 242, 418 or 469/470, 124, 325 and a .35 Rem expander with .358 plug

Expander plugs: .313, .225

Primer chamber: 9

CMR/MR: 25-35
    Last edited by trooperdan; 11-16-2023 at 07:22 PM.

Boolit Master

Dang, trooperdan done killed the internet !

Boolit Master

There is a nice Tru Line set in 7.63 Mauser/ .30 Luger on Ebay today with no bids and 4 days to go. Opening is $50 and I'd be tempted if I wasn't broke . Very clean complete set and fairly rare.

Boolit Master

Anyone know how to replace a missing push rod in a priming chamber - Or for that matter, take a priming push rod out of a functional priming chamber ?? I am going to need a push rod to replace the missing one
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

If you mean the de capping pin , screw the cap off and either insert a pin into the cap or dump the busted end from the cap and then screw the cap back on after inserting a new pin . I got to figure your asking something else though as just looking at the rod , cap and pin should show you how it's replaced. Got pictures ?

Boolit Master

Eddie, It's Not the decapper - It's The priming chamber - A rod pushes new primer into your unprimed case - You usually don't see a priming chamber missing the rod that pushes a new primer in
    Last edited by square butte; 01-03-2024 at 06:14 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    I had one that got bound up due to some rust and corrosion. I can’t remember how I got it apart, and I never did get it back together. I do remember the little pin sticking out of the side of the plunger had something to do with it, but IIRC, they weren’t really designed to be dis- and reassembled. Sorry to not be more encouraging.
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Yes, I wondered about trying to pull the little pin that stops the rod from coming out the bottom of the die - Not quite sure how to get ahold of it. Maybe it is just press fit into the rod - Appreciate the reply
    Last edited by square butte; 01-03-2024 at 06:43 PM.

Boolit Man
    If you push the primer ram upwards then turn it the pin will catch on the shelf of the shell holder. You should then be able to see if the pin is exposed at the back end, i think it is, you should be able to tap it out with an appropriate size punch, be aware that the spring loaded ram is then free to fly away and have adventures.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    There is a nice Tru Line set in 7.63 Mauser/ .30 Luger on Ebay today with no bids and 4 days to go. Opening is $50 and I'd be tempted if I wasn't broke . Very clean complete set and fairly rare.
    By accident I bought a bunch of .30 Luger ammo at an auction about ten years ago

I should buy these. Then all I'd need would be a gun!
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    If you push the primer ram upwards then turn it the pin will catch on the shelf of the shell holder. You should then be able to see if the pin is exposed at the back end, i think it is, you should be able to tap it out with an appropriate size punch, be aware that the spring loaded ram is then free to fly away and have adventures.
    Well, I looked at a bunch of them and none of mine are drilled all the way through the push rod - So no punching them out. Looks like they can only come out one way - Twist and pull. I wouldn't mess with this if it were not a rare'ish priming chamber - I might try and scavenge a push rod out of a set for 6.5 jap or more common 30-06 die. I've got to measure push rod lengths and priming chamber die lengths to see what will work.
    Last edited by square butte; 01-04-2024 at 12:21 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    Eddie, It's Not the decapper - It's The priming chamber - A rod pushes new primer into your unprimed case - You usually don't see a priming chamber missing the rod that pushes a new primer in
    Brain fart.

Boolit Master

What priming chamber # ?

Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    Anyone know how to replace a missing push rod in a priming chamber - Or for that matter, take a priming push rod out of a functional priming chamber ?? I am going to need a push rod to replace the missing one
    The push-rod (punch) looks like a very simple lathe part.

If you can't pull that itty-bitty pin out, grind it off so you can remove the punch and spring. Once it's out, you can drill from the back to drive the remainder out. Make and press in a new pin when you re-assemble.

Seems to me that there are only two punches - small and large. Lengths the same for all.
    Cognitive Dissident

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast