Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Lyman 310 Swap thread

I'll get around to an introduction sooner or later but ...

I found a Martini Enfield 303 for the wife and I'm "accessorizing" it.
    I'd like to find 310 dies.
    See what all I can find and put it in a leather bound case.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Case.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	312949
    Only pic of the Martini I have at the moment.

Boolit Master
    PM me what you are looking for.

I'll see what I have.

As I start looking at my set and see what I need and have extras I'll post.
    Last edited by Teddy (punchie); 04-14-2023 at 02:11 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have a boxed TL Jr set in 303 Brit. Maybe we can swap some parts around and make what you need.
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    Anything using the .50-110 case as a parent case as the .348 does . Might have been some foreign stuff that did but I've not seen anything in any of the incomplete lists that Lyman issued in the load books . In #40 the only one listed as Special was the .348, none of the 50 calibers were listed at that point. Some of the 30 series books list 50 cal info and have the set info listed with the individual load data.

Good to see you in the thread Brassie , the frog was asking about your absence.
    I moved to another state and it took forever! Everything is scattered and I am trying to get this new place to be what I want it to be! So busy!

@Teddy (punchie) , @Green Frog, You both have PM's

Just for further discussion...
    Beside the Martini in the case are
    A BSA CF2 in .270 with an original Leupold VariX in 3x9 duplex reticle that has served me well for decades
    The bastard stepchild of a Browning Hi-Power and a S&W model 59, a Hungarian FEG P9R 9mm.
    A vest pocket 1908 Colt in 25ACP
    An 1851 Navy Colt replica in 44(ish)
    All but the .25ACP have been fed a variety of cast boolits.

Did anyone bother to guess correctly?

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    My guess is no . Probably too busy trying to figure out what a kopcicle is .
    Last edited by Eddie Southgate; 04-16-2023 at 07:41 AM.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master

I picked up three 310 die sets last week.

32 ACP
    9mm
    357 Magnum
    45 ACP

As well as a early Tru-Line press! Its a bit rusted and missing its handle. So Ill make a new one. I have it apart cleaning up all parts now.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    I picked up three 310 die sets last week.

32 ACP
    9mm
    357 Magnum
    45 ACP

As well as a early Tru-Line press! Its a bit rusted and missing its handle. So Ill make a new one. I have it apart cleaning up all parts now.

CW
    Congrats CW, but I count four (4). Two of the four sets are fairly pedestrian, but every pistol reloader should have them, the 357 and the 45 sets. In this day and age the 9mm set would be popular if they were still being made, but at the crest of popularity of 310 tools, apparently there weren’t that many made… at least they’re pretty hard to find these days. Finally, the unicorn is the 32 ACP set. I’ve never had a set, seen a set, or even seen a set available for sale! Also, by changing the priming chamber, you can use those same dies to load 32 S&W, S&W L, and maybe even H&R. With luck, they may possibly be able to be used for 327 FM.

Congrats on the TL Jr as well. The early one will easily handle the pistol dies/calibers if you just refrain from over stressing it. Making the replacement handle should be easy… just pick a reasonable length of cold rolled steel rod of the diameter to fit the socket in the frame, then get the other end for a knob you like (try Home Depot, Lowe’s, Tractor Supply, etc). Those Jrs just never seem to go away!

Froggie

Boolit Master

Thanks Froggie!

I finished cleaning up and re assembling the JR tonight. Just waiting on Amazon ta deliver the knobs tomorrow.

I was hoping ta be able ta load 32 L & H&R. Didnt think it would do the 327 but now I gotta try!!! Yes complete dies set with was paper wrap.

Here is a video I made thanking man who sent them to me.

https://youtu.be/YCV3nmb2wg4

I shot some of the die sets all in boxes.

CW

Boolit Grand Master
    So the big question is, what were the numbers on those J-type shell holders? Hint: the current “X-type holders use the same number code, so they’re easy to look up in modern catalogs!
    Have you tracked down the apps for thos bullet moulds yet? There was a master list of the Ideal mould codes on this forum several years ago, and if you can’t find it I think I have it archived in my old laptop.
    Froggie

Boolit Grand Master
    PS the more I think about it the more sure I am that the 32 ACP die set will work for 32 S&W & S&W L. Maybe H&R as well. If you want to use them in that TL Jr Press, all bets are off... it will depend on the length of the thread pattern on the die body. My die sets are 32 S&W Long and will pretty much do it all. Some of the recently made full size 32 die sets list a variety of lengths with which they will work.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    So the big question is, what were the numbers on those J-type shell holders? Hint: the current “X-type holders use the same number code, so they’re easy to look up in modern catalogs!
    Have you tracked down the apps for thos bullet moulds yet? There was a master list of the Ideal mould codes on this forum several years ago, and if you can’t find it I think I have it archived in my old laptop.
    Froggie
    Fornthe most part. At least to my satisfaction. Havent checked shell holders. Two I did check aligned with dies so I assume last three will as well.

Im waiting on amazon for a knob to finish handle I made for the TL JR. It a fine lil Machine. I have three but this is the oldest. I have many 310 tools different sizes and steel as well as alloys.

CW

Boolit Master

Has anybody ever seen the Special turret for the Tru Line Jr that allows the use of the Special series of dies in a TL Jr ? Yes, they did make one. Have never seen one but it is referenced in a chart in the 1958 Lyman loading manual . Guess this will be my next rabbit hole.

Also , any idea why they made long and short J shell holders ? Only difference I can see is the length of the portion that fits into the press.

Boolit Grand Master
    1) yes they made the turrets with “big holes” but obviously they aren’t common. Back when Ken (“pressman”) was one of the moderators on the Vintage Reloading Equipment Forum he had some info about it that he posted there IIRC, but I’m too busy to search for it now. Ask me again if you can’t find it and I’ll try help.
    2) the long and short shank shell holders and ones with slots in the shanks were for some of the other presses such as the E-Zy Loader, again depending on admittedly spotty amphibian memory. The good news is, long or short, they should all work on the Tru-Line Jr.
    Froggie

Boolit Master

I found a post where he was asking for info proving the rumor that such existed but that was all. Now I need one.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    I moved to another state and it took forever! Everything is scattered and I am trying to get this new place to be what I want it to be! So busy!
    I feel ya' , I got stuff in Tennessee and two places in Alabama. Can't find squat when I need it unless I bought it in the last year or so. I did get most of my powders and all of the priming moved but the brass and bullets plus several thousand pounds of lead and a sail boat still need moving.

Boolit Grand Master
    Eddie, you're doing better than I could... I was out of town most of the day and when I looked for it on my iPad I came up empty. In my admittedly spotty memory though, I seem to remember the search coming to a successful conclusion. Perhaps you might stop by the ARTCA website forum and see if you can catch pressman there.

On a more positive note, Eddie, your check arrived and with luck your 44-40 set will be in the mail tomorrow.
    Froggie

Boolit Grand Master
    Hey Brass! I’ve got my stuff just scattered around four sites in one small suburb of one small city, and I can’t find anything. I feel your pain. Drop me a PM or text when you get a chance and let me know what you’re up to now.
    Froggie

Boolit Master

Bought this set the other day . It has the S handles and I wanted a second set. The dies appear to be the .45 ACP that is marked on the box along with a bullet sizer and a .45 Colt priming chamber. Froggie, they were not cheep ! Probably will put the instruction sheet from this set in the craft box the 44-40 set came in .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails .45 ACP w S handle.jpg   .45 ACP #2.jpg   .45 ACP#3.jpg  

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast