Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Lyman 310 Swap thread

Boolit Grand Master
    I think I still have a complete 32 WS die set for a TL Jr. I believe it is just a two die set (for Jacketed Bullets) though.
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    I think I still have a complete 32 WS die set for a TL Jr. I believe it is just a two die set (for Jacketed Bullets) though.
    Froggie
    Got a set myself. Want a steel .32 WS set to replace the one that grew legs. Everything I'm buying or trading on now I already owned in steel original sets so I'm buying back the ones just like I had that are the sets I actually use.
    Last edited by Eddie Southgate; 03-30-2023 at 03:03 PM.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master

I'm still looking for a set of dies for 7.62 X 54R Russian - Kind of a tough set to find. I've seen a few on ebay over the years, but that was before i was looking for this one
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    I'm still looking for a set of dies for 7.62 X 54R Russian - Kind of a tough set to find. I've seen a few on ebay over the years, but that was before i was looking for this one
    Those are a unicorn, it took me four years to find a set for floodgate.
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Bub
    Anybody have a set of 45acp dies that they're willing to part with?

Boolit Master

There is a steel handled set on ebay for $120.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    There is a steel handled set on ebay for $120.
    Yes, unfortunately in spite of the listing title, it's actually in 45 Colt.

Boolit Master

Sorry, didn't look that close. Looks like it's gone anyway. I just got one or I would have been interested knowing it's Colt instead of ACP.

Boolit Bub
    Sorry, didn't look that close. Looks like it's gone anyway. I just got one or I would have been interested knowing it's Colt instead of ACP.
    No problem at all. There was a brand new listing yesterday for a real 45ACP set ( minus the shell adapter ) with a trimmer and I jumped on that one.

I had been watching for a couple of weeks and not seeing any 45ACP except one guy who wanted $200 for a set with handles... I'm just glad I finally found a set for a more ?reasonable? price.

I've found that you have to be VERY careful when looking at these listings to be sure that they are actually selling what they THINK they're selling.

Boolit Bub
    Did Lyman ever make 9mm Makarov dies for the 310? Or 7.62 Tokarev?
    Last edited by sambeaux; 04-02-2023 at 02:17 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    I dug out my sales stock for a gun show and found 4 boxed sets of 310 dies (30 Carbine, 9mm, 45 Colt, and 243) as well as two die boxed sets (TL Jr) in 303 Brit and 30-06. If anyone has an interesting trade you can respond here, or if you want make an offer to buy, you need to send me a PM.

Froggie

PS I have a boxed steel handle set in 38 Spl and a set of nicely “plum” colored 32-40 handles (no box) with boxed set of 32-40 dies… same rules as above.
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sambeaux View Post
    I feel reasonably safe in saying not likely on either. Probably something else that would cross over that they did make, don't know enough about either to make a guess what though.

If you got to be hunting an insert the .45 ACP is about as easy as it gets , lots of #2 inserts to be found. There's one on ebay that I need but the seller wants $40 and then there's shipping and tax. I offered half but got refused . $20 for an insert is ridiculously high in my mind , $40 is a plum stupid price for an insert.

OOOPS !
    I listed the wrong number on the insert #7 is correct but the #2 should still work . The priming chamber is #2 . Both the .45 ACP and 30-06 use #2 primers and the '06 uses a #2 insert because the lower part of the '06 and the .45 ACP are the same size in the portion that fits in the die. Worse case you might need to hone it out just a hair . Before you size any cases through it make sure a case with the mouth properly belled for the bullet you use goes through the #2 insert without dragging.
    Last edited by Eddie Southgate; 05-01-2023 at 11:59 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by sambeaux View Post
    Neither cartridge appears in any of the lists of available dies for the 310 from Lyman throughout the years. That being said, the 7.63mm Tokarev is dimensionally (although not ballistically) a virtual twin to the 7.63mm Mauser cartridge (aka .30 Mauser), a cartridge for which the 310, and earlier No.10, tool was available. Early dies for the 7.63mm Mauser were identified with the number 138 until about 1950, when someone at Lyman realized that dies for .30 (7.65mm) Luger could be used and dies were marked 120 for about a year, after which the 7.63mm disappeared from the lists. Priming chamber would be numbered 12, same as for the .30 Luger, 9mm Luger, .380 A.C.P, and .38 A.C.P.

9mm Makarov could probably be served with dies for .38 Smith & Wesson, which are found numbered 34, or even 9mm Luger (number 134) or .380 A.C.P. (number 144). For priming, the already mentioned no.12 priming chamber might work... emphasis on "might".

Jim

Boolit Bub
    I feel reasonably safe in saying not likely on either. Probably something else that would cross over that they did make, don't know enough about either to make a guess what though.

If you got to be hunting an insert the .45 ACP is about as easy as it gets , lots of #2 inserts to be found. There's one on ebay that I need but the seller wants $40 and then there's shipping and tax. I offered half but got refused . $20 for an insert is ridiculously high in my mind , $40 is a plum stupid price for an insert.
    I found a #2 adapter for about $20 with tax and shipping, so that's on the way. Thanks!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmartin1964 View Post
    Neither cartridge appears in any of the lists of available dies for the 310 from Lyman throughout the years. That being said, the 7.63mm Tokarev is dimensionally (although not ballistically) a virtual twin to the 7.63mm Mauser cartridge (aka .30 Mauser), a cartridge for which the 310, and earlier No.10, tool was available. Early dies for the 7.63mm Mauser were identified with the number 138 until about 1950, when someone at Lyman realized that dies for .30 (7.65mm) Luger could be used and dies were marked 120 for about a year, after which the 7.63mm disappeared from the lists. Priming chamber would be numbered 12, same as for the .30 Luger, 9mm Luger, .380 A.C.P, and .38 A.C.P.

9mm Makarov could probably be served with dies for .38 Smith & Wesson, which are found numbered 34, or even 9mm Luger (number 134) or .380 A.C.P. (number 144). For priming, the already mentioned no.12 priming chamber might work... emphasis on "might".

Jim
    I'm a little nervous about "almost" and "might". I was debating on taking a chance on the .30 Luger dies, but after reading a few articles online, I think not. I'll stick with my 7/8 dies for both of those. I was just curious because I now have dies for 38 Special, .380 ACP, 45 Colt, and 45 ACP which is almost all I load these days. 9mm Makarov and 7.62 Tokarev are the only cartridges that I load, but don't have 310 dies for.

Boolit Master

Need a .458 sizing plug if anyone has an extra to spare. Also a 418 seating screw.
    Last edited by Eddie Southgate; 04-06-2023 at 12:02 PM.

Boolit Master

Anyone see the Steel 348 Win set on ebay right now. It's one like Eddie got - Caliber marked steel handles with no adapter insert - Special large thread size. Only the 2nd one like that i've ever seen. Unfortunately it's missing the expander die. Handle's alone might be worth it to someone.

Boolit Master

Must be gone , I don't see it.

Boolit Master

It's still there - Ebay - search "Lyman 310" - Sort by "time newly listed" - scroll 12 down from the top as of now

Boolit Master

Yup, there it is. I been fighting the bat flu since last Tuesday guess it has messed up my searching skills on top of everything else.

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast