WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyman 310 Swap thread

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    And it was money well spent, the set got here this morning. Looks like it belonged to a hunter type who never loaded many boxes of cartridges. Gonna loads some .348's tonight. Everything about the set is correct and very clean and all parts were wrapped just like it was when new. The box is complete but shows much age . Only thing missing is the instruction sheet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails .348 310 set.jpg  
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master

Looks like you got a great set there - I suspect it will serve you well. You must be livin right... Once in a while ebay pays off - Happy for Ya
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Grand Master
    Looks good. I agree that it was probably owned by a hunter who would load maybe a box each year or two. They loaded what they needed for sighting in and hunting, but would be unlikely to want to do a lot of target shooting with a 348. Looks like that set has gone to a good home. Enjoy!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

They could not go to a home where they would be more appreciated ! Froggie , do you by chance have any extra die sets in .45 Colt or .44 Special of the 310 persuasion? I have both in Tru Line but haven't yet replaced the 310 sets that were stole from the shop. I have extra die sets in 30-30 , .308 , 38-40 , .38/.357, and maybe some more. I'd have to look to be sure but I have either an extra full set (Aluminum) of .22 Hornet or .218 bee that I could trade for a full set in either .

Boolit Grand Master
    ES, I may have an extra set of 45 Colt dies. At this point I also have a bunch of orphan dies from which I might be assemble a set for 44 Spl/Mag. It will be a couple of days or more before I can check for sure, but I’ll see what I can do for you. My biggest need right now is the 310 adaptor ring for a 32 S&W, but I can use my old nickel #3 set in 32 S&W if need be. I’m actually trying to consolidate and pare down the excess, so I might be able to help you out.
    Froggie

Froggie

Boolit Master

Thanks Froggie. My wife says I need all the help I can get .

Boolit Grand Master
    I’m single at 73, so this gives me the opportunity to be regarded as the favorite, if slightly offbeat, uncle. When it comes time to go shooting in range of field, you know who they call though!

Boolit Grand Master
    Eddie,
    I knew I had something in 45 Colt… it’s a complete boxed set with blued steel handles and a boxed push through FL sizing die, (separately boxed). If this would suit your needs, drop me a PM, but be aware, this ain’t gonna be cheep!
    Froggie

Boolit Master

Froggie ,

No this ain't cheep but I need it anyway . As discussed , payment will head your way on Monday when I am off my back meds and will be able to drive legally again. " It ain't easy being old , or green ". Any luck with a .44 310 die set ?

Anybody else ,

I will be posting some extra die sets I will have for trade and what I am interested in . I also have a .218 Bee boxed set that seems to have had the handles replaced (?) with an alloy set as there is no insert and best I remember there is none pictured on the box leading me to think they were originally steel. The inner box piece is not present and there are no instructions and if I remember correctly it is a 5 die set. It is a set for Jacketed bullets.

Boolit Grand Master
    Good, the recirculation of old 310 tools and parts seems to have been rejuvenated. Let’s keep digging out those unneeded sets, orphan handles, and oddball dies. Somebody here probably needs them. Now that the 310 Shop seems to be defunct and the vultures have taken over most of the 310 pages of eBay, this is about the only fair game in town!

Good luck with your back, ES… back problems can and do make us old guys miserable!! I’ve only found a couple of the 44 Spl/Mag dies to make a set. The search continues.

BTW, has anybody heard from Brass Magnet lately? Prior to his move a couple of years ago, he was getting fairly well organized and was doing a lot of buying and swapping. I was hoping he might provide a good source to replace the 320 Shop. Are you still out there, Mr Magnet?

Froggie

Boolit Master

Brass is still active. He bought the short steel universal handles that Scott had listed a few weeks ago. My back issues are from having it broke three times over the years, the last was a crushed T12 and 5 vertebrae damaged in my neck in 2009.

Boolit Buddy
    Mr. Frog,
    Tried to send you a PM this morning but was told your inbox is full.

Boolit Master

Looking for a complete in the box .32 Winchester Special steel set , only use steel for the big stuff but like alloy for the small. I have an extra .218 Bee set with alloy handles that has the wrong deprime chamber but have the correct one on the way to replace it with . Do not have the #3 insert for the handle and I think the dies and box originally came with a steel handle. Looking for a trade of some sort for the .32 WS set. Also have extra sets of dies in 30-30 and 38-40 WCF. Have dies in .308 and .270 but I'm not sure where they are right at this moment and can't remember if they are 310 sets or Tru Line. PM if interested.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    And it was money well spent, the set got here this morning. Looks like it belonged to a hunter type who never loaded many boxes of cartridges. Gonna loads some .348's tonight. Everything about the set is correct and very clean and all parts were wrapped just like it was when new. The box is complete but shows much age . Only thing missing is the instruction sheet.
    The only dies I am aware of that require the Large Special handles are 348 and 50-70. Are there any others?

Boolit Master

There are some one or two offs of a few like 50-110 and 50-95 EXP. - perhaps 50-90 .Those are the only others i know about. I would put these in the realm of special order (un-cataloged) types that Lyman did back in the day
    Last edited by square butte; 03-21-2023 at 07:06 PM.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    There are some one or two offs of a few like 50-110 and 50-95 EXP. - perhaps 50-90 .Those are the only others i know about. I would put these in the realm of special order (un-cataloged) types that Lyman did back in the day
    Anything using the .50-110 case as a parent case as the .348 does . Might have been some foreign stuff that did but I've not seen anything in any of the incomplete lists that Lyman issued in the load books . In #40 the only one listed as Special was the .348, none of the 50 calibers were listed at that point. Some of the 30 series books list 50 cal info and have the set info listed with the individual load data.

Good to see you in the thread Brassie , the frog was asking about your absence.

I am interested in a set for 218 Bee. My alloy handles are with a 38 Special kit, -- would they maybe work for 218??

I've also got old steel handles marked for 303 Brit.

Anybody who is interested in dealing, let me know. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

There's a .218 set on Gunbroker. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/976605120 Bit spendy but has steel handles. Won't have the adaptor for alloy omes.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by hoodat View Post
    I am interested in a set for 218 Bee. My alloy handles are with a 38 Special kit, -- would they maybe work for 218??

I've also got old steel handles marked for 303 Brit.

Anybody who is interested in dealing, let me know. jd
    A #3 insert is what you need for .218 Bee with your alloy handles. There is one on fleabay for $23.? and shipping . A bit pricy but you wont get one cheap now days and wont see many #3's anyway. It does .32 S&W , 25-20, 32-20 and .218 Bee and any of the other Bee's. With that and your handles you would just need a Die set.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    Looking for a complete in the box .32 Winchester Special steel set , only use steel for the big stuff but like alloy for the small. I have an extra .218 Bee set with alloy handles that has the wrong deprime chamber but have the correct one on the way to replace it with . Do not have the #3 insert for the handle and I think the dies and box originally came with a steel handle. Looking for a trade of some sort for the .32 WS set. Also have extra sets of dies in 30-30 and 38-40 WCF. Have dies in .308 and .270 but I'm not sure where they are right at this moment and can't remember if they are 310 sets or Tru Line. PM if interested.
    Got the correct die to complete the .218 Die set. Nobody got a .32 WS set to trade for a .218 Bee set ?

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast