RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
Repackbox
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyman 310 Swap thread

Boolit Grand Master
    Yes, you can carefully bore out a smaller adaptor to accept a larger case. Just be sure you make it big enough to allow a belled case to come out. Don’t ask me how I know this!

Actually, the 45-70 case is large enough in diameter that one can just leave the adaptor out entirely. The process will go on fine without it, since the case comes close to filling the un-adapted hole in the tong tool. I have done this myself to run a few cases.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    I bid on a set on ebay the other week , they sold for just shy of $300 . Good luck.
    Good Grief!!! A .44-40 set of 310 dies went for over $300? That had to a once in a life-time event!

Boolit Grand Master
    Aw c’mon you guys, it was a nicely put together “set” with dedicated steel handles! Only a little rusty, too. And it was really only $266+ shipping. What a deal!! I’m getting ready to sell some of my stuff, so I for one am pleased to see a buying frenzy in progress! NYA-HA HA!

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    I said just shy of $300 which $266 + 10.00 shipping is, just shy. They only bring those prices when I bid , the last 44-40 set was $132 because I did not bid. I will only bid what I think they should sell for. If I want to get robbed I'll call the IRS.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master

2 things 1) thanks froggie, I had not thought of that - no adapter- 2) some years ago I got a set for 348 win, full set with steel special handles with adjustable hook, all in nice homemade case - $100. Never know, I might find a nice 348 Win. ha ha

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by ascast View Post
    2 things 1) thanks froggie, I had not thought of that - no adapter- 2) some years ago I got a set for 348 win, full set with steel special handles with adjustable hook, all in nice homemade case - $100. Never know, I might find a nice 348 Win. ha ha
    Keep me in mind if you ever decide you don't need the .348 set . I am setting up to load for a model 71 , just bought 3 boxes of the discontinued Hornady 200 grain FN from Leadlubber on the trader the other day and Barnes is sending a few boxes of their .250 grain originals .
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

SWAP need universal decapping dir

Need 1 of the long universal decapping die in serviceable condition.

Have to trade a .38 Special priming chamber or a .321 expander. Both rust-free and functional but could use cleaning. Sorry for the poor photo of the expander - my little camera flat refuses to autofocus on it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38 priming chamber.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	299482Click image for larger version. 

Name:	321 expander.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	299484
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master
    Uscra112, I won’t be able to get to my chowder box of 310 parts until the end of the week, but if nobody responds by then I think I can help… and I could probably use the 321 expander.
    Froggie

Thanks! BTW the decapper stem doesn't have to be perfect. All I need from it is the threaded portion. This will become a muzzle resizer and seater for the .25 Stevens "reloadable rimfire" project.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

Anyone have a spare .323 or .324 expander plug? I'm trying to make up a set for 8x57.
    Last edited by trooperdan; 06-15-2022 at 01:10 PM.

Boolit Master

Looking for a muzzle resizer # 11 for .25-35. Have much to trade if you have one.
    Last edited by trooperdan; 06-17-2022 at 11:52 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Thanks! BTW the decapper stem doesn't have to be perfect. All I need from it is the threaded portion. This will become a muzzle resizer and seater for the .25 Stevens "reloadable rimfire" project.
    Have you found one yet? If not, I'll trade for the .321 expander.
    Dan

Boolit Grand Master
    Dan, no joy here yet , so if you can help him out, please go ahead and do so. I’m tied up with another project and haven’t been able to get deep enough into the mess to find it. That will be a win-win for both of you.

uscra112, please accept my apologies and be sure to post a progress report on your reloadable 25 RF project. There are still a surprising number of rifles in that caliber floating around out there!

Regards,
    Froggie

Quote Originally Posted by trooperdan View Post
    Have you found one yet? If not, I'll trade for the .321 expander.
    Dan
    No, you're the first - will p/m to trade addresses.
    Phil
    Cognitive Dissident

@Green Frog:
    I've got three variants of the .25 rimfire ready to test, and rifles prepared for them all, but the GD doctors can't seen to get my back fixed well enough to do any testing! I was on crutches November 15th when I had the first surgery, and I still am.

For the record, variants are:
    Converted .17WMR (Requires a powerful hammer blow to fire, not good for most boys' rifles.)
    Case formed from Hornet, centerfire (Must modify firing pin position)
    Case formed from Hornet using 6mm acorn blank as primer. (Will work with almost any .25 Stevens rifle with no modification.)

There's a long thread here somewhere on the subject.

Phil
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master
    Thanks Phil. Before I go googling around, is choice 3 based on cutting the rim off of the Hornet case and plugging in the 6mm acorn blank? I’ll see what a search on the site brings forth, but my luck with such pursuits has been pretty spotty of late.
    Regards,
    Froggie

Not to take this thread too far off topic, I'll P/M you.

Phil
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

I'm in need of a #244 seating screw, trying to fit out a set of .30 Luger 310 dies. If you have one I'm ready to trade!

Boolit Man
    Looking for a complete set of 44-40 310 dies with handles.

Also would like any of the 44-40 dies individually, particularly the expander.

Have a complete 8mm mauser set with handles in the orange box for trade, it looks new, unused.

Still looking for 25-06 or 257 die set.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Hi all,

I am new to 310 tools. Have been reloading a lot of years but recently a friend gave me a bunch of 310 dies and handles. I do not have the foggiest idea how to use them so I have 2 questions. First is there a list showing part numbers, for instance, the part where the case passes through has a number stamped on it. I have no idea what it fits. Second is there a book or manual showing how to use these tools?

Thanks,
    rmcc
    fools rush in where angels fear to tread...Alexander Pope

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast