Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyman 310 Swap thread

I have 4 sets of dies to swap --

all include the proper Handle adapter
    All are cmr sizers
    all are in excellent condition, no rust, plier marks or shiney wear spots -

7mm Mag set -- no box

41 mag set - good black/white box -

270 win set -- fair black/white box -

308 win set -- vg orange plastic box -

I would like to trade one of these sets for a like condition set of 44/40 win -

I also have 222. 243, 270, 30/06 and a few other Tru- line sets and orphan dies to trade -

Boolit Master
    I have two sets of handles to trade, one large (rifle) and one small (pistol). The rifle set is in good-very good condition, the pistol set is in excellent-new condition. I've decided to get out of 310 tools, and this is what I have left. I'm interested in Lyman H&I sizer dies, 1-2 Lyman gas check seaters, mold handles (RCBS, Lyman, and Lee), and possibly other reloading or casting-related items. Please PM me for more info.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavogrande View Post
    I have 4 sets of dies to swap --

all include the proper Handle adapter
    All are cmr sizers
    all are in excellent condition, no rust, plier marks or shiney wear spots -

7mm Mag set -- no box

41 mag set - good black/white box -

270 win set -- fair black/white box -

308 win set -- vg orange plastic box -

I would like to trade one of these sets for a like condition set of 44/40 win -

I also have 222. 243, 270, 30/06 and a few other Tru- line sets and orphan dies to trade -
    I bid on a set on ebay the other week , they sold for just shy of $300 . Good luck.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

OK, this is more of a "what-is-it?" post than anything. Received a small lot of 310 dies from a Gunbroker seller today. One of them I've never seen or even heard of before. I think it's a powder funnel, that would work for anything .30 caliber and up. Length overall is 2.0 inches. Ever seen one? Not offering it for trade....yet....but there is what looks like a .30-06 seater #123 in good condition that I won't ever need. Chart says it should be a muzzle resizer, but it has a seating stem for a pointy bullet in it.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master
    Pictures would help. Your “what is it? “ wouldn’t be a drop tube for a #55 powder measure, would it? The other tool you describe does indeed sound like a seating die for a 30-06. They used the same die code on the DA seating die as the CMR sizing die for a given caliber.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

It's threaded on the exterior just like every 310 die I've even seen. Pictures are not my forte, but I'll try. Stay tuned.
    Cognitive Dissident

Pictures, best I can do. Need three hands to get the funnel end lighted properly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails powder funnel 001.jpg   powder funnel.002.jpg   powder funnel 003.jpg  
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

That is one of the two powder funnels that are used with the #55 powder measurer.
    There is a large and a small version available.

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Ha! I knew somebody would know. So it screws into the #55 body? I have it upside down in the first photo? I don't have a #55 to try it.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master
    No, it slides into the bottom of the #55 and is held in place by a knurled screw. The threaded part goes directly into the turret of a TruLine Jr press or can have an adaptor bushing added to screw into a standard turret or powder measure stand.

Froggie

That explains why there's a crude dimple on the side at the funnel end. All makes sense now. My gestalt complex is telling me I now need to acquire a #55 measure. I do have a Junior. It has an aftermarket 7/8 turret on it, but I do have adapters. It gets used for 9mm mostly, but sometimes for .38 Special.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master
    uscra112, other than the lack of carbide sizing dies, necessitating the use of case sizing lube, I find the little TL Jr press about perfect for little pistol cartridges such as you mention. In fact, mine stays set up for 32 S&W Long almost all the time.

The #55 powder measure is also something everyone who has any Lyman stuff should have. Since you already have the drop tube, you no longer have any excuse not to buy one?

Frogging

Yeah. And I have a project in the motorcycle shed which will be a low compression single-carb BSA A65, using an A50 cam to make it milder yet......... I have the camshaft. Nothing else.

Story of my life.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master
    I’ve heard of people buying a gun when they had a single piece of brass in that caliber or building a car when they just had a door handle. Why should building a complete bike starting from a camshaft be any different?

I hope I live long enough. At 77 it's beginning to look a little iffy.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master
    Roger that. I’m getting ready to reach 73 and I’m having to rethink some long term projects. As George Burns is said to have quipped. “I don’t even buy green bananas!”

OK, here it is 3 AM and I'm looking at used 55s on Gunbroker. There's one in grey paint that looks to have a brass hopper. Any advantage to such an early one? Or is the orange one better? An orange one would color-coordinate with the press.
    Last edited by uscra112; 04-08-2022 at 03:33 AM.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master
    Grey finish is indicative of “middle era” production, the time of Leisure Group ownership. The brass hopper (or reservoir) didn’t come from the factory until much later, but was available aftermarket for use with black powder. Regardless of date of production, once they started using the rotor style with screw adjustment in about 1951 or so, they’ve all worked pretty much the same regardless of color. The actual body casting has remained functionally unchanged. The brass reservoir is a nice addition, but of course you can’t see the level without taking the top off. I’d like to have it!

Froggie

Thanks!
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

Greetings all - I need a # 10 shell adapter die, for 45-70. I came into a die set recently but as usually, the adapter is in the handle somewhere else. I have lots of stuff to trade, let me know what you need.
    Has anyone tried to jut bore one out to make it bigger? how that go? thanks

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast