WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyman 310 Swap thread

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    I'll see if I can find my list but I have seen a couple of sets sold on evilbay in times past . They had the full family on at one time but I did not need any of them at the time except the .35 set which I did get . Should have bought the .32 and .25 sets at least but I didn't . I do have the .32 Special set though . I have a set of C&H 7/8 dies on the way along with 100 Winchester NIB brass in the old yellow boxes and another 100 of Graf brass . I have a set of either 310 or Tru Line for everything else I load so I feel a great need to find one for this model 14 rifle . I know the frog understands that need!

PS: According to Ideal Handbook #31 from 1935 the serial# 131 kit was for .32 Remington and was a #10 tool set. Was really hoping it was available as just a die set but looks like it might not have been . Can't put my hands on books in the 30 series right now but by #40 not only are the tools not mentioned but there is no loading info given either .

PSS: It seems they did make a Tru Line die set in .32 Remington . I will have a set headed my way by Monday .
    $37.50 shipped and insured thanks to a member at 24Hourcampfire who found the set in his dad's stuff and did not need them.

PSSS: Seems a factory assembled .32 Rem Tru Line set is just the .32 SPL dies with a #15 shell holder and large primer punch in a Tru Line box marked .32 Remington . Could have saved myself some money by buying just a #15 shell holder .
    Last edited by Eddie Southgate; 11-13-2021 at 02:44 PM.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Looking for a 32-20 set for the tongs as well as a shell adapter for the .44 spl, may just have to end up making my own shell adapter and forget the 32-20 set the way prices are now.
    Last edited by ShooterAZ; 12-23-2021 at 03:25 PM.
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Grand Master
    Wonderwolf,

Be aware that the dies for 30 Carbine and 32-20 may be interchanged... the only difference is the priming chamber. If you have a steel set of handles for the 32-20 with the hole to prime built in, you're good to go with 30 C dies. Just sayin'

The screw in shell adaptor can be addressed with any random adaptor you might have laying around and a drill press.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

I have most of a carbine set...been trying to find the missing parts, I'll see how it works
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Grand Master
    Let me know what you’re missing Mr Wolfman. Maybe I can help. I have a complete 30 carbine set (that I don’t want to break up) and some extra bits. Maybe I have or can find what you need.

Froggie

Boolit Master

Finally found a set of 50-70 Lyman 310 dies on evil bay with a buy it now price. Yep, they were pricey - But not near as much as I have seen some go for. Happy to have em. Just need an expander plug now that is about .513'ish instead of the .515 it came with. Gonna use it for my 50-95
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Grand Master
    Congratulations square butte! I assume they are the large diameter dies that require the special handles(??) I can't imagine how you could make a die for that large a case diameter and stay within the regular 310 tool size.

Froggie

Boolit Master

Yes they are made for the special large handles. Oddley enough the guy who was selling them said in the description that they fit the standard size handle . . . Even when questioned about it. Since I have a set of the special handles, I figured it didn't matter either way - But was pretty sure he was mistaken. Even so, Lyman did a bunch of stuff that still seems a bit confusing - So maybe they might have made some for the standard handle.

Boolit Grand Master
    I dunno. When I look at my 45-70 die set for standard handles, the PD has a weird kick out portion to be big enough for the case rim, and the sizing die, etc are mostly hole with very little steel left! Sounds like you found a unicorn, though!

Froggie

Boolit Master

I have a have a 45-70 set with the Priming chamber like that too. This 50-70 set definitely only fits my "special large" handles. I think the seller was just a bit confused. . .

Boolit Bub
    Hello Friends,
    I am looking for several 310 dies to complete various personal sets that I own and use, and am willing to trade for. I will list them below...

-#163 DA or MR die for 7.62x54r russian. I have a decapper and correct priming die, and I assume I can use regular british 303 dies for expanding and seating. If you have one let me know what you might like to trade for or is there another comparable die that can be used in place of the #163?

-I also am looking for .360 expanding and seating dies for use in making 38 s&w loads.

-And finally I'm looking for a #9 shell holder for 44 special, or is there another one that is the same size?

Thanks in advance,
    taylorh

Boolit Bub

7.62x54r , 38 s&w , and 44 special dies needed...

Hello Friends,
    I am looking for several 310 dies to complete various personal sets that I own and use, and am willing to trade for. I will list them below...

-#163 DA or MR die for 7.62x54r russian. I have a decapper and correct priming die, and I assume I can use regular british 303 dies for expanding and seating. If you have one let me know what you might like to trade for or is there another comparable die that can be used in place of the #163?

-I also am looking for .360 expanding and seating dies for use in making 38 s&w loads.

-And finally I'm looking for a #9 adaptor ring for 44 special, or is there another one that is the same size?

Thanks in advance,
    taylorh
    Last edited by taylorh; 12-23-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    If you are fortunate enough to find a #9 shell holder, that is for the 32 S&W family of cases. If you are looking for the adaptor ring that is a collar screwed into the handle of a 310 tool, that is marked 9, but if you want a shell holder (or priming chamber) it will be marked 7.

Froggie

Boolit Bub
    My apologies...you are correct. I am looking for the 310 adaptor ring #9. Are there other adaptor rings that work equally well?

Boolit Grand Master
    If you have one that’s a little oversized, it’ll work fine. Just don’t try one that’s a tight fit. You won’t be able to get the case back out after you bell the case mouth. Don’t ask me how I know this!

Froggie

On the handle adapters, they can easily be bored out or bushed -
    Making a new one is not for the faint of heart --
    I had the cut the two or three threads turning the lathe by hand --

@ taylorh --- I have a 7.62 russ DA die available -- at least my database says i do -
    I will double check tomorrow --

Boolit Grand Master
    Taylorh, if you have the DA die and PC die, you can pretty much bluff your way through! Proper size belling dies and universal decapping dies will put you in business. A CMR would be nice, but if you're reloading for just one rifle neck sizing is worth looking for, but will probably be redundant.

Froggie

Boolit Buddy
    I'm looking for a .377 neck expanding plug.
    Also, I could use, but don't really need is an extra .30/06 sizing chamber.

I have some .25/20 dies, a .300 Savage seater, a 7x57 neck resizer, a .313 bullet sizer. and a few .270 bits.
    Jacketed bullets, what a relic. A throwback to the twentieth century. Real men shoot cast.

A lifetime of happiness in five simple steps:
    Kiss French, ride German, shoot Swiss, eat Italian, drink Scotch.

Boolit Grand Master
    Slug, do you want the die that just neck sizes the 30-06 case, or the CMR that sizes and decaps at the same time? I believe I have the latter. I could really use that 313 sizer.

Froggie

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast