Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoReloading Everything
RepackboxWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyman 310 Swap thread

Boolit Buddy

Lyman 310 Swap thread

"SWAP ONLY...DO NOT POST PRICES... if you want to post prices and sell items, that must be done in the selling and swapping forum, and obviously follow the rules posted there"

---------

I know that casters are the wierdos of the shooting world, and those of us who like the old 310's are the weirdest of the weird. I'm sure that those of us who lurk in this hand tool section have a few spare 310 bits and need one or two pieces to complete another set. I know that I need a priming chamber and neck expander for .303 British. Can we start a list in this section for our needs and spares so we don't have to look all over creation to find some small piece? And while I'm at it, this is a shameless plea for those .303 bits that I need.

FLASH!
    The mod has offered to make this a sticky, for swapping only.
    If you want to sell some 310 kit, you have to post it in the Swapping & Selling section.
    I'll post some photos of what one of my lil darlings can do, soon.

-----------
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 11-28-2016 at 10:03 PM. Reason: changed title
    Jacketed bullets, what a relic. A throwback to the twentieth century. Real men shoot cast.

A lifetime of happiness in five simple steps:
    Kiss French, ride German, shoot Swiss, eat Italian, drink Scotch.

Boolit Grand Master
    The concept has been tried in the past, most recently by BrassMagnet. It seems to devolve into confusion pretty quickly as parts from one list get sold, then others get added, and nothing stays current. The PC you request should be easily found as it is the same as that for the 44 Spl/Mag, but I'm less sure about the ME die. Is it a .311" or is it larger?

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    The concept has been tried in the past, most recently by BrassMagnet. It seems to devolve into confusion pretty quickly as parts from one list get sold, then others get added, and nothing stays current. The PC you request should be easily found as it is the same as that for the 44 Spl/Mag, but I'm less sure about the ME die. Is it a .311" or is it larger?

Froggie
    Froggie...I have a 303 British boxed set and the muzzle resizer is marked 303 Brit MR and the expander is .311. Lyman has the habit of marking the same sizer with different calibers, so I expect any 30 cal muzzle resizer would work just fine.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

Good idea. Problem was nobody updated their lists. I have a bunch of stuff. Odds and ends, bits and pieces and a bunch of complete sets. Looking for a set for the .32 S & W. Have other sets to trade. PM me your needs. May take me a day to dig through my stuff but I'll get back to you./beagle

Quote Originally Posted by slug View Post
    I know that casters are the wierdos of the shooting world, and those of us who like the old 310's are the weirdest of the weird. I'm sure that those of us who lurk in this hand tool section have a few spare 310 bits and need one or two pieces to complete another set. I know that I need a priming chamber and neck expander for .303 British. Can we start a list in this section for our needs and spares so we don't have to look all over creation to find some small piece? And while I'm at it, this is a shameless plea for those .303 bits that I need.
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master

I have a box of Lyman 310 stuff that I am going to dig out and list for sale. Have to find it first!

Larry

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beagle View Post
    Good idea. Problem was nobody updated their lists. I have a bunch of stuff. Odds and ends, bits and pieces and a bunch of complete sets. Looking for a set for the .32 S & W. Have other sets to trade. PM me your needs. May take me a day to dig through my stuff but I'll get back to you./beagle
    Mr Beagle sir, I have a complete set with nickel handles that I use when at the range as well as a TL Jr set I lucked into at OGCA a few years ago that stays set up on one of my old TL Jr presses. I've been trying to put together a spare set off of flea-Bay and other sources, but I don't know for sure how close I can come to making up a complete set. Do you have any of the parts you need, and are you looking for a nice matched set in a box or would you settle for a made-up set?

Your phriendly 'phibian
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Beagle - I think I may have what you are looking for. Have to dig them out. I am still looking for a 25-35 boxed set
    Last edited by square butte; 08-11-2016 at 10:50 AM.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    The concept is great . . . the reality is that it's been tried and really gets confusing for the same reasons stated above. Lists didn't get updated, etc. and it soon got so confusing trying to go through all the posts and figuring what was what, I just gave up looking at it. It almost seems like it would be better to use the WTS/WTT or WTB section if you are looking for something specific . . . but not let it get out of hand to "clog" up those sections. I've done that a couple of times in the WTB section for a specific 310 die and have had pretty good luck with the others here who like and use the 310 tools. I've been able to both purchase and trade for what I was looking for.

That said . . . even a post in this section with a question about 310 dies, what you are "project' you are doing, what you've been able to accumulate as far as dies, etc. can often lead to someone reading it who will PM and help you out.

I really wouldn't say that casters are necessarily "weird" . . well some of us are . . . but more like "addicts"! LOL Now those of us that like the old vintage 310/Tru-line stuff . . . that's definitely a "cult"!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post

I really wouldn't say that casters are necessarily "weird" . . Now those of us that like the old vintage 310/Tru-line stuff . . . that's definitely a "cult"!
    I thought it was just me ....

I've worked with a few of you in my ventures in the 310 world, all your help and knowledge has been much appreciated.

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master

Think I might have them. PM me with needs./beagle

Boolit Master

No parts on hand so far. Starting out from scratch on the .32 S & W Long. Kinda looking for a set. I have about 15-16 sets for trade and a bunch of orphans./beagle

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Mr Beagle sir, I have a complete set with nickel handles that I use when at the range as well as a TL Jr set I lucked into at OGCA a few years ago that stays set up on one of my old TL Jr presses. I've been trying to put together a spare set off of flea-Bay and other sources, but I don't know for sure how close I can come to making up a complete set. Do you have any of the parts you need, and are you looking for a nice matched set in a box or would you settle for a made-up set?

Your phriendly 'phibian

To all. I have a Tru line turret press that I want to put to use. It has the 30-06 shell holder in place so I'm looking for .45 ACP dies and possibly 22-250, .300 Sav? Used to have a cigar box of 310 dies but a ghost got them I guess. Best,Thomas.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a boxed set with steel handles in .222 Rem, that I could put up for adoption.
    I need a priming chamber and neck expanding die for .303 British.
    A .30/40 Krag or .44 Magnum priming chamber will do as well.
    TIA.
    slug
    Jacketed bullets, what a relic. A throwback to the twentieth century. Real men shoot cast.

A lifetime of happiness in five simple steps:
    Kiss French, ride German, shoot Swiss, eat Italian, drink Scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    It has the 30-06 shell holder in place so I'm looking for .45 ACP dies.
    So does this mean shell holder for 30-06 and 45acp are the same?
    I have 2 die sets for 45acp and 30-06. Would trade for 45-70 or 44 mag dies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1989toddm View Post
    So does this mean shell holder for 30-06 and 45acp are the same?

Yep

Lyman Shell holder #2 (30'06, 270, 308, etc., 45 Auto)

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I have some misc. tong tool dies and parts, here is a list, PM me with needs.

I WANT a 455 Webley, or .45 Colt seater die, and a .44-40 seater die

Following items available for sale, trade or offer:

Lyman KF20 body, seater? cal. unk. no plug

7 Priming chamber .303 Brit., .30-40, .455

15 muzzle resizer old style not threaded for a decapper .30-40
    15 muzzle resizer with threaded decapper/expander .30-40 Krag
    30-40 DA seater, complete
    30-06 DA seater, body only no lock ring or plug

123 muzzle resizer .30-06
    123 seater die .30-06
    123 seater die body .30-'06, no plug or lock ring
    2 long decapping die bodies, with rods, pins, unmarked, .30-40 or .30-06?

.311 bullet sizer .30-'06, .30-40, .30-30

.454 muzzle expander .45 Colt
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

1989Toddm are your .45acp dies a 3 die set that will fit 310/Tru-Line loaders? If so are they for sale? I have .44 mag dies but they are RCBS. Best, Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    1989Toddm are your .45acp dies a 3 die set that will fit 310/Tru-Line loaders? If so are they for sale? I have .44 mag dies but they are RCBS. Best, Thomas.
    They are a 2 die set, not 3. They do fit the Lyman Truline JR press.

For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Banned
    I have a bunch of 310 dies complete and incomplete see separate thread under my name. I do have a complete set of 45LC includes the adapter.
    Last edited by vh2q; 10-29-2016 at 01:30 PM.

Boolit Man
    I need to look at the other attempts at this, or search ads for sale or WTB/WTT. I'm a 310 fan, and have ended up with several sets I don't have guns for. One is a complete set with iron handles for 375 H&H. Have a spare complete boxed set with aluminum handles for 30-06 also. Think theres a 270 die set.

Many of the older dies are marked with code numbers. Trying to recall where I saw the code chart.

Here,... http://www.castpics.net/subsite/Lyma...CodeChart.html
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast