MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Lyman 310 Swap thread

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by kopcicle View Post
    Okay I'm back with another silly question.
    This isn't for a lack of information but a case of too much.

What is the number or identification for the bullet seating die for the 30-30?
    If I'm reading the old chart correctly the screw is a 241, but what do I screw it into?
    Maybe if someone would show me how to correctly read the chart I won't have to ask again.
    https://www.castpics.net/subsite/Lym...kReference.jpg
    Check this site - http://www.endtimesreport.com/Lyman_310_Tong_Tools.html - it has a good reference chart.
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Grand Master
    Wow, Scott. Youve been holding out on me. I've never seen this page before. I haven't cross checked the included list against the one that I've assembled, but it looks pretty good to me. Thanks for posting it.
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Wow, Scott. Youve been holding out on me. I've never seen this page before. I haven't cross checked the included list against the one that I've assembled, but it looks pretty good to me. Thanks for posting it.
    Froggie
    Hey Charlie
    I thought i had already posted that link ....

I'm still cleaning out. I came across a few older Lyman/Ideal inserts, shoot me a PM with your number and I'll text you some pics. If these are of interest I'll get them in the mail to you.
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Still looking for #9 and #10 inserts and a long threaded de priming rod that takes the short rounded sizing ball for TL dies . The small thread is about twice as long as normal. Trying to replace a broken rod in a 45-70 TL set.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    Still looking for #9 and #10 inserts and a long threaded de priming rod that takes the short rounded sizing ball for TL dies . The small thread is about twice as long as normal. Trying to replace a broken rod in a 45-70 TL set.
    You need #9 & #10 inserts for 310 handles, right? Are they large or small? If large, do you have any smaller ones that could be reamed out, or are you trying to get original, factory parts here? I may have that rod you need, but if I do, it’s pretty well buried in the junk (under other junk, behind other junk, hidden by other junk, etc). I’ll let you know if I stumble onto it.
    Froggie

Boolit Master

Both would be used in large handles. No real rush on the rod. Yes on original parts.

Boolit Master

Hey All

I'm looking for a set of steel handles that fit 38ACP.

Let me know.
    Thanks
    Scott
    Scott

Boolit Grand Master
    Scott,
    Wouldn't they be the same as 38 Special? They're pretty easy to find as are 38 adaptor rings to go with small universal steel handles.
    Froggie

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dsh1106 View Post
    I'm looking for a set of steel handles that fit 38ACP.
    Any steel 310 handles for the following will also work for 38 Colt Auto:
    38 S & W
    38 S & W Special
    357 Magnum
    380 Colt Auto
    9mm Luger

The correct adapter for the later alloy handles is shown in the available charts as #17, the same as 380 Colt Auto, 30 Luger, and 9mm Luger. Adapter #1, which is more frequently encountered, can also be used.

Jim

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jrmartin1964 View Post
    Any steel 310 handles for the following will also work for 38 Colt Auto:
    38 S & W
    38 S & W Special
    357 Magnum
    380 Colt Auto
    9mm Luger

The correct adapter for the later alloy handles is shown in the available charts as #17, the same as 380 Colt Auto, 30 Luger, and 9mm Luger. Adapter #1, which is more frequently encountered, can also be used.

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Scott,
    Wouldn't they be the same as 38 Special? They're pretty easy to find as are 38 adaptor rings to go with small universal steel handles.
    Froggie
    Thanks for the data, I'm currently using the universal handles with the #17 adapter. I'm looking for a dedicated handle for my 38 super.
    Scott

Boolit Grand Master
    Goodness Scott, you’re getting as bad as me! A devoted set of handles for one caliber? Next you’ll be setting up a press dedicated to one caliber, and then…. where will it all end?

Back when I was actively chasing the then-undiscovered steel handles, I said I had to have one for each caliber. Fortunately even though I had very little disposable income from my high school teaching job, the steel handles had little market demand back then, so I grabbed up most of the handles of my “needs” at the time. I got a couple of gems like my 32-40 and 45-70 handles. Then discovered the now elusive Universal steel handles. I was able find first a short then a long spout set at gu shows here in VA for, IIRC, $15 each. Try that with even aluminum handles today. Anyway, I still pick up the occasional set of steel handles, but they are no longer “undiscovered” and about any set will run about 4-5 time what I paid for mine. I fear the original attraction the 310 tools held for me is being quickly outrun by their price. A set just sold today on flea Bay today for $84 plus shipping, and this is a small universal steel set that is missing many parts that are no longer available!

Scott, the only reasonable course I see would be to look for a reasonably price steel 38 Spl set then add a set of 38 auto/super auto dies to make it a useable set for what you want.I see these time to time at levels that only induce mild nose bleeds. I’ve had a set of 380 ACP dies (a long time ago) maybe they could be backed out far enough to work for 38 auto??

Froggie

Boolit Master

I got a buy it now a couple of weeks ago on a small universal steel set for $75 .

Quote Originally Posted by jrmartin1964 View Post
    The bullet seating die (officially known as the Double Adjustable, or D.A., die) you are looking for will be marked on the body with the number 13.

Jim
    Jim, I may have to reimburse someone for a chamber cast of that die. It seems to be as rare as chicken lips.
    I'm a competent scratch machinist even in blind boring operations.
    I have more than a few universal de-capping dies that could be sleeved to accommodate.
    It's just a case of needing the dimensions.

Dennis

I've made several custom dies for tong tools using the decapping die bodies. Usually just a stack of short tubes, some reamed to size, other times I've used hardened steel drill bushings. The one on the left is for .25-25 Stevens, on the right is a neck sizer for .32 Colt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	muzzle resizer photo.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	316576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tong Tool Muzzle Resizer.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	316577
    Last edited by uscra112; 08-02-2023 at 03:41 PM.
    Cognitive Dissident

I'm beginning to sus this out somewhat.
    The drawing is for what particular case?
    You will have mail shortly.

Awww Krap.

Now I cant get to my dies for a day or so.
    Impatient.
    Does anyone know what the internal threads are for the universal de-capper ?
    Obfuscation Engineer

Boolit Grand Master
    kopcicle, having reread your previous post, I may still have a 30-30 die set including the #13 DA die you seek... of course it may be just marked 30-30, but for measurements you need that’s immaterial. Give me a day or two and if you haven’t heard from me, send an e-mail to remind.
    Froggie

Boolit Master

Is this a bullet sizing die or a seater minus the stem >
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/22569928234...Bk9SR-jRn5W4Yg

Boolit Grand Master
    Not a bullet sizing die… all I’ve ever seen were longer than that. OTOH, I’d have to know for sure whether it was threaded “upside down” for the E-Zy Loader or right side up for the 310/TL Jr. Is it a bullet seater (DA) missing its stem or a Neck Sizer (MR)? The seller’s description leaves me with more questions than answers. If I were actually interested in buying it for myself, I’d use the Contact Seller function and ask detailed questions.
    Froggie

Boolit Master

Has anyone made up or had made a quick change plate from inline Fab for a Lyman Junior?

I just made a order for my set up and then realized I wanted to use the LR too.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast