RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load Data Wideners
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Official Shiloh Sharps Image Thread

Boolit Man
    WOW Jim, that is one beautiful gun!!

Quote Originally Posted by wyoduster View Post
    40-90SS ,40-90BN,(2)40-65,40-70SS,45-90 ,50-90 ,and 54cal.
    WHAT NO 44??? That wall looks just about like mine.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by wyoduster View Post
    WOW Jim, that is one beautiful gun!!
    Thank you kindly but I just picked the options. It's the fine folks at Shiloh that brought it all together. They're really amazing to work with.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Here's an old Farmingdale
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Master
    I just picked up a saddle ring in 45-70. When I get back home to her, I'll post up some more eye candy for you fellas

Quote Originally Posted by Don McDowell View Post
    Here's an old Farmingdale
    Don ... is that an ol new one or a new ol one? ... that's a good lookin shootin iron ... 44-77?

Ted it's an new old one (roughly 35 yrs old), my neighbor picked it up the other day. 50-90.

wowww nice... 50-90 ... sheez man ... another glutton for punishment huh? ... LOL. at least he can load it down to a tolerable level huh? good lookin rifle.

He loaded it with 100 grs of cartridge and 500 and someodd gr bullets of various descriptions and blew threw about 40 rounds sunday before we went to the house for dinner..
    He's 83? years young.

that is as cool as the rifle itself. man I hope I got the steam at 83 for that. my hat is absolutely off to the man. good on him.

Boolit Mold
    Some really fine rifles on display here. Thanks for sharing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1116.JPG 
Views:	355 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	96948

My Sporter. 45-70, standard weight 30" bbl. Bought "off the rack" when I was in BT in '05.
    Haven't shot her much. Wears Ron Heilman (sp?), front and long range sights now.
    Thinking am gonna have to get a scope for her, eyes ain't as good as they were.....

Later

This is my Last Shiloh. This rifle is setup for hunting and it does a fine job with excellent accuracy.

I had this rifle build with a crescent butt plate and a single trigger with a standard weight 30" barrel in .44-77 caliber.
    I couldn't ask for a better hunting rifle.

Leadpot ... man that is a great lookin shooter. nice lookin wooly as well ... thanks for sharing this photo. I am sorely tempted on the same chamber but in a pistol grip rifle. how does that crescent treat you in the 44-77? also I see that you use the barrel sights ... another choice I would make again.

Thank you Ted.

We just had a couple steaks tonight. We haven't ate beef here at home for several years now.
    Ted the crescent butt plate is no problem. I have several rifles with the crescent that I shoot a lot heavier loads with.
    This rifle I just dont shoot it prone. Last fall I was taking shots on the 600 yard line and I was prone and got careless and It did draw blood on the collarbone for being careless by not holding it properly.
    The temp got up in the 40's today and when I finished pushing snow I got this rifle and shot a few over 50 rounds off the bench and this rifle is a great shooter.
    I shot with brown thin cotton gloves on and the straight stock was holding good without the torque twisting the rifle, something I can't do with the .45-120 straight stocked rifle wearing cotton gloves.

The sights are the Lawrence Military sights. I have to admit that when I shot that young bull I lost the rear sight on his dark chagg on a dark overcast day not the best for failing eyes and I had to shoot twice because the first shot just got the top of the lungs and it took a chunk out of his spine and he got back up again and mixed in with the heard and the second shot when he got clear I shot again with him on a slow trot and the second shot was two fingers apart from the first hit. Both shots passed straight through. The .44-77 is a great caliber.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead pot View Post
    This is my Last Shiloh. This rifle is setup for hunting and it does a fine job with excellent accuracy.

I had this rifle build with a crescent butt plate and a single trigger with a standard weight 30" barrel in .44-77 caliber.
    I couldn't ask for a better hunting rifle.

Nice! Meat in the freezer and a rug on the floor.
    Just curious, how much meat does that put in the freezer?

DD

He was a yearling, (18 months?) 363#

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Hmmm.

I'm thinking a man as big as you are Kurt, would have just wrestled that critter down.

Buffalo, next to Elk, is probably the best tasting wild meat. BTW, nice pic!

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

kurt ... if I may ask ... how much do that rifle weigh. getting tired of packin the 11 thru 15 pound rifles around. my next will be lite nough to do some packin in the rough stuff.

RRR I totally agree. Elk is my favorite with buff second ... venison in the northwest is a runner up for the buff. I eat a lot of these moose but they aint in the runnin for any "favorite" in the taste dept.

Rick.

At 74 a arms reach away I don't wrestle down anything bigger than me anymore I would not push a dinner plate away with either meat in front of me.

Ted I just weight the rifle and it comes in right at 9-1/2# The way it's build the balance point is where my hand is. A very nice rifle to carry. I would add the sling swivels and I might still do this.
    I have taken two Bisons using the .44 with the bullet in the photo. The left bullet is the .44-100 Rem. the center is the .44-77 and the .44-2-5/8 (90) and both put them down in fine shape. The 90 did it with one shot. With the .44-77 with the original bullet that I used for both hunts at 480 gr is a good combination for the 19 twist the rifles have.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast