Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Shiloh Sharps Image Thread

I'll have to get some pics. I have 3, all Farmingdale guns. A '63 carbine in .50, a 63 infantry in .54 and a #3 sporter in 45-70. All great and incredibly accurate guns.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
    Thank you for the compliments. Semi fancy with the standard finish. I'll hand rub that myself when I get the time.

Good luck!

Eric

Thanks for the info, seem so modest on their wood grades. Need to pull that trigger soon.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    I'm awestruck too, Virginian. That's one really beautiful rifle.

Boolit Grand Master

OK, got my 1874 #1 all spec'd out. Just need to hear back on a likely weight. I'm thinking 30" std oct bbl should come in under 12 lbs, 2oz.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Quote Originally Posted by canyon-ghost View Post
    I'm awestruck too, Virginian. That's one really beautiful rifle.
    Thank you! Now I just need to get my arms around reloading for this gun. I've cast the bullets, sized and lubed, have the black powder, I just need to read up more on grease cookies and such. I'm not sure if I need/should use them.

Eric

Boolit Grand Master

I got lots of good info from Venturino and Garbe's SPG Primer. Still trying to get a handle on it, tho.

Boolit Master at heavens range
    Here is unfried one www.kramersales.com

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
    Thank you! Now I just need to get my arms around reloading for this gun. I've cast the bullets, sized and lubed, have the black powder, I just need to read up more on grease cookies and such. I'm not sure if I need/should use them.

Eric
    Paper patched or greasers?

The only way to find out is to try them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    Paper patched or greasers?

The only way to find out is to try them.
    Greasers!

I found this site while chasing some threads on another website and thought I might post a few pictures of Sharps rifles. I have a few Winchesters, Colts, Burgess, Marlins and such, shoot them all and continue to find more.

Here are some of mine...

Original Sharps sent to Bozeman, M. T. in 1878 and then on to McAusland in Miles City M. T.

Here a some more, 2 Shilohs, a 50-70 conversion and another Montana buffalo rifle shipped to Walter Cooper in 1877...

All have taken game, but the latest McAusland gun, which is in the process of getting prepared to do so...

Boolit Bub
    new shiloh saddle rifle, 30" standard weight barrel semi fancy wood 45-110 10 lbs 10 oz

Boolit Grand Master

Very nice. Awesome wood.

Boolit Mold
    'English' Sharps 77, it's an Axtell but think they are now owned by Shiloh so it should count ?

Terry

Boolit Buddy
    Very Nice!
    Political Correctness: A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Semper Fi -

Boolit Master
    I'm new to the forum and except for the introduction this is my first post. Anytime I see "Shiloh Sharps" it gets my attention. Here is my much used, loved and well maintained Montana Roughrider in 45-2.4. I've had it a little over 20 years and it's taken the majority of game I've shot since I bought it.

I have a #1 Sporter in 40-2.5 SS and it's set up as my target rifle with MVA sights. Strangely, the wood on the Roughrider is fine, straight grained walnut and the #1 has fabulous wood on it. Neither rifle was ordered with an upgrade in wood. i do not have a picture of the #1.

Boolit Mold

Shiloh also in

Germany.
    Hartford in normal configuration. But this is good enough .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shilohs.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    Old school still shoots good!

My Pedersoli Quigley sharps in 45-90. I am still working up a load and went to the range and popped off some cast Postell bullets (530 grain) on top of 78 grains of Goex "F" powder. I had a one hole group going until I started pulling my shots after getting big headed looking through mu scope (100 yards). After I messed that up I blasted my last 5 shots and called it a day. The sun was way to bright and the target was dancing and looked like a blob.

A quick clean up with Balistol and back in the rack.

NRA certified pistol instructor & RSO.

Boolit Master
    Just got my #1 Sporter .45-70 and went to the bench to get a sight setting at 500 yards and some idea of what ammunition it likes. I had ten rounds of WW cases Win LR primers printer paper primer wad, 64.5 gr Swiss 1-1/2 Fg, a Cabela's .060 overpowder wad and a Paul Jones 545 gr boolit. One shot for a sight adjustment and the other nine for group.

As pretty inside as they are out.

I was partial to the look of color case hardening until I saw the gun in post #48. If I owned this rifle, I think I'd spend most of my time just staring at it.

Boolit Buddy
    I have another 3 months to wait for my Shiloh #1 sporter in 45-110.....

(Cabelas has Norma 45-120 brass on sale which make nice 45-110 brass when trimmed)
    NRA certified pistol instructor & RSO.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast