Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Shiloh Sharps Image Thread

Banned

Nice. Nicelog furniture too. Did you make that?

Boolit Buddy
    Nope not me. A local guy up the road in the middle of Minnesota, him, his wife and son. It's really easy to drop some $$ at his shop. Almost as bad as seeing a Shiloh marked down, lookin' lonesome on a pawnshop rack.
    Last edited by zampilot; 10-19-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Man I want one too!! If anybody wants to trade one for a 6PPC bench gun let me know..

Jerry

Boolit Master
    What is that 6ppc ya got there? I have been shopping for one. What I am looking for is one of the Sako single shot varminters.
    BIC/BS

Boolit Buddy
    Its a full blown bench gun. Panda action, Broughton BBl, Jewel trigger, McMillian stock, Weight system. Light BBl is a Hart. Leupold 45 power scope, Kelby rings, and glued in action. .262 necks. This gun has shot in the 0's many a time.

Jerry

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Jerry, light varmint? ... felix
    felix

Boolit Buddy
    Felix;

The Broughton Bbl is Heavy and the Hart is light. The weight system in the stock comes out and makes it a Light.

Jerry

Next question, Jerry. Will both barrels still shoot in the high ones? I am assuming they are out of commission for competition, and if so they would be ready for cast with their elongated throats. Surprisingly, my BR 22/40 will shoot cast all day long at half inch with a quite a few of different loads and boolits after it became absolutely worn out for serious money at about 800 rounds. It has now 15,000 rounds and still going strong with high pressure cast. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Buddy
    Felix;

The Broughten still shoots in the O's. The Hart in the 1's. The Broughten has Approx.1250 rds. The Hart less then 200.

Jerry

Both are still competitive. No reason to pawn them off as a cast mo'sheen just yet. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Buddy
    Felix;

No both Bbl's still shoot but bench shoots here are getting scarcer, and I would like to try a Sharps. I don't live that far from the Quigley..

Jerry

Jerry, I'd bet the Bullshop boys would love to have that gun, barrels, and the required incidentals. Maybe someone else can jump into this thread making the trade affordable for our Alaskan brothers. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master
    Felix
    You have a generous heart, a sign of the holy spirit. God bless you brother.
    He said he is looking for a Sharps and we sold our last Sharps about a week ago.
    I do still have my Quiggly rifle. Its a Browning 1885 BPCR in 45/70. Even though I feel quite certain I will never get there again and that we have no competition here that I can get to I just cant seem to bear the thought of parting with it.
    I suppose if I thought on it for awhile it might get easier but I dont know for sure.
    We also have an origonal sporting Rem roller with octigon top and pistal grip in 38/55 but Jr has an attatchment to that one. He use it to good effect at a match at Amidon N.D. right alongside his Dad. He made me look bad at the 600 yard target. It was a wierd shap of a T-rex that ran at more of a diagonal than verticle. I was going just under or just over, real close but no clang. Jr. the little bugger (he was little then but 6'4" now)
    was clanging every shot, young eyes ya know. Anyway I dont know how he would feel about letting that one go, the one he beat Dad with.
    Just want to thank you Felix for thinking about us that way. If Jr. gets his mits on that bench gun he just may proove beyond doubt who the real shooter is in this family.
    Blessings
    BIC/BS

Boolit Buddy

My Sharps

Here is mine, a Bryant from 1995, 45x 2 7/8", 34" #1 heavy full octagon barrel. Sights are Axtells reproduction Sharps Vernier and Globe front, no spirit level. I'm replacing the tang sight with a MVA Long Range Buffalo Soule next month. I don't get to shoot it again until April.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0885.JPG  
    America is like a healthy body, and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within. Joseph Stalin

"Hope" is not a strategy.

Life member NRA
    US Navy Retired
    NRA Certified Rifle, Pistol, Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Range Safety Officer

Boolit Man
    Here is my Saddle Rifle. Ordered from Bill Goodman in April 2008. I received it about a month ago.

Alan

Boolit Buddy
    Very nice rifle Allen! Goodman usually has them in stock, did he order that for you from Shiloh?
    America is like a healthy body, and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within. Joseph Stalin

Life member NRA
    US Navy Retired
    NRA Certified Rifle, Pistol, Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Range Safety Officer

Boolit Buddy

Finally my Pedersoli in .45-70

Finally saved up enough to get myself a Pedersoli Creedmore #2, 30 " barrel and a set trigger that will go off if u think about it. Didn't care for the sights that came witih it so I installed a Kelly long range tang sight and a Kelly hooded front with the bubble level. Now we can see if I can hit something with it..

Jack
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sharps1.jpg   Sharps2.jpg  
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson was one Smart guy. Now we need to find another one!!!
    NRA Life member since 1971, SASS
    Ret. IAFF Local 2928

Boolit Man
    Hey Bill, Yep that was a custom order I placed with Bill. It really turned out better than I anticipated. I was a little disappointed with the wood finish, I ordered AA finish. I removed the wood and decided to have at it myself. It took almost two weeks to obtain the results I was happy with. It's no wonder the prices are high.

Alan

Arrow A Mix of Sharps ---

Hello Guys!
    What a display of absolutely gorgeous rifles! The wood on the BG Sharps is breath-taking!

I just noticed; this thread is for SHILOH Sharps! I only own one Shiloh; the rest are C. Sharps.
    If anyone objects, just let me know; I'll delete and replace.

Sharps; what can anyone say better? I absolutely love them, owning a couple.
    I own three calibers, at the present; 32-40, 45-70, and 45-120. The Lone Star Rolling Block is also 45-120. I've got two more of those arriving in the next week, or so according to Dave Higginbotham. One's going to be 38-55; the other, 50-70. Can't wait! Out of all my Sharps, my Model 1874 Shiloh is perhaps my favorite. It's hard to tell, as I love them all while shooting them! They are all tack drivers; if I do my part.

Six Sharps Sharps Standing!!!

A Rolling Block & Two Sharps

Thank you CBs for allowing me space to share!
    GRB
    Last edited by Ron B.; 02-23-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Info

Boolit Buddy
    GRB, Nice collection. At one time, C. Sharps and Shiloh were the same entity, John Schofstal and Wolfgang Droege "Partnering" for lack of a better term. The older Shilohs bear the "Old Reliable" trademark, now it is just the C. Sharps rifles that have that. The older Shilohs have Wolfgangs Wolfs Head cartouche stamped on the barrel, as he was the barrel maker as well for those rifles.

Regards,
    Bill

Life member NRA
    US Navy Retired

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast