WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEADBEAT - Avery Arms!

Boolit Master

DEADBEAT - Avery Arms!

On July 2nd I purchased some 1911 magazines from Avery Arms, paid through paypal, and have not heard from him since. No tracking #, no package, no messages of any sort. I checked his profile here and he has not logged on here since the 2nd.

Now I realize that life and other things sometimes gets in the way, I was just curious if anyone here has contact information for him. I dont want his phone number or address, just would like for someone to maybe give him a call and see if he is still walking above ground and not taking a dirt nap.

Mods feel free to move this if it is not posted in the correct place.

Thanks, Pipefitter.

I paid for items via Paypal (instant) on the same thread as Pipefitter above (H&G mold) and have not heard a word either. Hopefully the seller is OK.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

ADMIN

We ran into this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Master

hope all ends well.for you guys but I've bought and sold from this seller and always been pleased, he does occasionally hit a back log/ snag. yes it's been a long while for you guys but he's always come through.

Banned

My deals with him have gone well. I expect this will work out.

Perhaps vacation time? I'd wait a week before hitting the panic button.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    He had an auction for some guns earlier in the year. I won one, paid for it immediately by PP. He sent a tracking number in a couple of days but it didn't come. I did some checking . . . he did the label but then didn't ship it right away. I wasn't too pleased to have to wait a couple of weeks but at least I did get it. The communications on his end were not the best . . . but like I said, I did get it. Give it a few more days. . . stuff does happen. Most on here, when they sell something and get their money in a speedy fashion, seem to ship immediately . . . that's the way I do it and have always operated my business in that manner. "Communications" are everything. But then, some folks don't operate that way . . . . and if they don't, I don't deal with them again.

I have done many brass purchases from this gentleman. He was always prompt to ship and provided tracking numbers. I believe he had a few problems earlier with selling some range scrap that had not been smelted. He also has a regular job that gets in the way. Give it a few more days and see what happens!

Boolit Master

He is a stand up man, do not worry to much. I know it is hard to pay and wait.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by HATCH View Post
    We ran into this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought someone bumped an old thread. I was wrong.

I purchased lead from him a couple months back, and experienced a small delay in shipping. He has a job that can keep him busy for days at a time without access to a computer. Don't worry though, he will ship at the earliest possible time, and it will exceed your expectations.

But waiting isn't fun lol

Boolit Master

He has a job that takes him out of town for a week or 2 at a time. He has done this before, with me personally, but always comes through, so just be patient.

and here's the thing... I don't care either way, its not about the money. Its about a heads-up in the OP and letting the buyer know whats going on. I have had members up my butt after paying for their item asking when shipped etc the very next day, tracking etc... I guess straight-shooters and deadbeats thread maybe should take into account these "unforseen and unannounced delays" if this is the case. It's about courtesy, I know you all can understand that, even if you dont agree with anything else I posted.
    Last edited by runfiverun; 07-15-2016 at 09:35 PM.

This is the 3rd go round (that I've noticed) where Avery Arms sold stuff then vanished and people started posting threads like this. I was involved in one and eventually got my stuff, I believe everyone else did too. I don't recall the explanation Isaac gave me but he seemed kind and genuine. Regardless I think that if someone is constantly having this issue perhaps they should adapt their methods so that buyers aren't continuously blindsided and left wondering.

Some ideas...

1. Put a note in the sale ads stating that delivery can take up to 8 weeks?
    2. Have a backup helper than can ship goods (or refunds) in a pinch?
    3. Stop selling stuff if you repeatedly are unable to reasonably fulfill orders?

I do wish him the best in whatever is going on.

Boolit Grand Master

I've bought from him without incident. I do remember there being some complaints like this in the past on him and am not sure of the eventual outcome.

Boolit Master
    sometimes vendors get caught up and an order gets missed. A pattern of behavior generally means I won't give them my business again or if it gets out of hand I will ask for a refund. I'm sure nothing ill-intended just stuff happens every now and then. I personally try to wait at least a month before contacting for missing items as I've had the USPS and UPS drag heals on delivery. Heck my last gunbroker deal took over a month 'cause the FFL i used had my emails in the spam folder. Kept going back and forth with the seller until i just drove over and he went "oops never saw that, license sent right in front of me"...

Boolit Bub
    I have bought from him several times . This is not new . He has a job that takes him out of town . You may hear from him today or tomorrow .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    I've bought from him without incident. I do remember there being some complaints like this in the past on him and am not sure of the eventual outcome.
    I've had a number of deals with him,I was also involved with the Auction that James pointed out,but everything came through just fine,he's a little slow getting to the post office,
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master

I know people get spoiled , but we aren't all connected to the internet ALL the time. I posted a pissed off message last time this happened to me, and i regretted it. Have some patience, you'll get your stuff. Believer it or not, some people do live at a slower pace than most of the rest of us. I live in the middle of Silicon Valley, and get "comments" all the time because I don't have a smart phone. It doesn't even take pictures OMG! And yet i manage to function.

Enough is enough... anybody have any contact info for this guy? a PM would be great. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast