Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 91/30 on sale at cabelas

Boolit Master

91/30 on sale at cabelas

ok i just left the Cabelas in hoffman estates IL they had a rack full of 91/30 all were 1925 ish
    HEX Attachment 172025Attachment 172026 all of them just full of cosmoline but L$$K at the price
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Grand Master

The days of $50-$100 Mosins is long gone. The prices are only going to increase. But that's $150 higher than what I've seen them for at the Cabela's by me. Surplus ammo is gone for them so it will be interesting to see the market for them as time goes by. Only reason I bought mine was the cheap price of ammo and the rifle.

Boolit Master

I wanted a Hex for a long time but not for $350
    And they are all in great shape and like you said no more cheap ammo for them
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    Hex receiver 1920's ex-dragoons at Smoky Mountain Guns in Sevierville, TN going for $249.00. they claimed to have 10 more crates in the basement so....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHolt View Post
    Hex receiver 1920's ex-dragoons at Smoky Mountain Guns in Sevierville, TN going for $249.00. they claimed to have 10 more crates in the basement so....
    Where is that place?
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

In Remembrance

Only a couple of years back they were $88 or less at Dunham`s sporting goods stores. Still have 1 that is a between wars model of a little better quality.Robert

I only look at guns at Cabela's for the entertainment value, their prices are just stupid. But, one day I found an awesome Finn 91/30 mixed in with the typical Russian Mosins, and it was priced at $250! That one came home with me.

But $1000 Enfields and $1500 Garands? Please.....

Boolit Master
    I like the "unknown " mauser in unknown " caliber boat paddle condition for 400 bucks. Just cuz it's old don't make it worth money

Boolit Master

Cheap Mosin days are over and has been for a while.

Boolit Master
    I was wanting one, but everytime I looked them over I was turned off by how cheap they were made, they are crude, but I've been told they shoot great ,but I missed the boat and now the surplus ammo is gone, I'm glad I passed caused I've enough project rifles to last me two life times, and I'm 41!

Boolit Master
    I picked up a 1943 91/30 at a show for $169.00 about a year ago. It's nothing special, just a regular referb. Seeing the same going for over $200 at shows and stores now. Glad I got one when I did but missed out on the inexpensive ammo. Still trying to hit paper at 50yds with it but haven't got a lot of range time lately so not sure if it's the rifle or me

Boolit Grand Master

I paid $99.88 for mine and bought 2 cans of ammo with it, =about 2 years ago.
    Not my prettiest rifle, but accuracy is acceptable, and that ammo will last a long time.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Years ago I paid $135 for my 1944 M44 moisin carbine complete with side mounted pig sticker. Really nice shape with amazing bore. Has a wonder trigger as in I wonder when this thing is going to go off. Did manage to score a Finnish sear and trigger so one day going to do the swap. The only time I've shot it, it really liked the yugo heavy ball ammo which for once I was smart enough to lay in a few rounds before it was all gone. Frank

Boolit Master

they all cost more than they did a few years ago. however, used guns at cabela's are typically way overpriced, as are these mosins.

Boolit Buddy
    My previous post I mentioned 10 or so Crates of exdragoons at Smokey Mountain Guns. It turns out after making an inquiry about having any Tula dragoons that they have 1 1/2 crates of exdragoons for 249.00 The remaing 10 crates are round receivers for 189.00.
    They are located in the Smokey Mountain Knife woks building on TN Rte 66. In Sevierville, TN. the main drag of off I-40 to get to Pigeon forge, Gatlinburg, ect.

Boolit Master
    So, I guess my "rare" 91/59 is now a $500 boat paddle. haha!

Holy.. I was just there around that time too! We must have passed by each other without knowing.
    I was the weirdo checking out the winchester model 12's and the fancy tipton cleaning rods.
    Recycle, Reuse, Reload.

Boolit Master
    Inflation has really hit the gun prices nowadays. The last time I was at Cabelas, they had a small used Beretta .380 pistol for sale at $349.99 but further down in the cabinet they had a brand new one for sale at $279.99. Go figure.