WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lead score!

Boolit Buddy

lead score!

Found a wheel weight when I was on a family walk this morning! Yes, a lead one!
    Last edited by Jayhawkhuntclub; 07-02-2016 at 02:09 PM. Reason: None of your damn business

Boolit Buddy
    Somewhere in the woods of Central Oklahoma
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????
    Chris

Boolit Master
    Cool!

Boolit Man
    I work with plumbers and when one of them brings me an old lead drum trap or lead flashing it's the closest thing I get to feeling like a kid on Christmas any more. Take what you can get. Good job.

Boolit Grand Master

Had a friend of mine doing the fireman boot fundraiser and while
    at the intersection he was working picked up a pocketful of lead WW. Big ones too!

Boolit Master

Found one walking across the parking lot into work the other day. Zinc! Your luck was better than mine.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Buddy
    OMG, and I've been bustin' my hump going from auto dealer to auto dealer, from tire shop to tire shop scroungin' and beggin' for wheel weights and I could have just walked down the street and picked them up. What in the world was I thinkin'?
    Chris

Boolit Buddy

I don't want to brag, but I think I can get two, maybe three, 380 auto boolits out of my big score.
    Seriously though, it all adds up!

Boolit Buddy
    I guess.
    Chris

lead score!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkhuntclub View Post
    I don't want to brag, but I think I can get two, maybe three, 380 auto boolits out of my big score.
    Seriously though, it all adds up!
    Yessir!

A very wealthy man once told me, take care of the nickels and dimes...and you'll never have to worry about the dollars.

But another wealthy friend said he was full of poopy...best way to save $ is to make a crapload!

I do find myself picking up single wheelweights, even though I go through 5 gallon buckets of them.

-Butchman

I am old enough I still pick up pennies on the sidewalk. And also wheelweights, without question.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Buddy

To be honest, I probably have my lifetime supply (barring unforeseen circumstances). All of it collected without spending a dime. I did spend a lot of hours collecting though. But I still get excited about a score.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    I am old enough I still pick up pennies on the sidewalk. And also wheelweights, without question.

Wayne
    Wife and I used to text each other when we found either. Used to be our "thing".

Boolit Grand Master

Thats kind of like finding a lone case laying on the ground at the range. It does nothing for your stash, making little difference to anything, but we still pick them up. Its just what we do! I've got maybe 10 or 12 weights that I have "rescued" this year, mostly driving up to a stop sign or light, spotting it laying there and having no traffic behind me! Makes no sense when you are prolly sitting on a lifetime supply.
    Last edited by lightman; 07-04-2016 at 08:11 AM.

It's a one man Chinese fire drill as far as my wife knows.
    Looking for USGI M1 and carbine rifle parts, please PM me.

Boolit Buddy
    I was sitting at a red light yesterday and looked out in the crosswalk and saw a loose WW just sitting there.

I'm not going to lie, I seriously thought about getting out and picking it up but was with my wife and knew just what I would endure the rest of the day if I did.

And as I type this, I'm thinking about going back tomorrow and see if it's still there.

Is there a cure for this ?

Moderator Emeritus

Nope, no cure except going back to get it because you will keep thinking about it

Cure? Why would I want to cure picking up money? Lead is worth what it costs to acquire. Free for picking up seems like one of the better prices, finding a dime is good too and I don't want to be cured of that either. I like finding dimes.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chris C View Post
    OMG, and I've been bustin' my hump going from auto dealer to auto dealer, from tire shop to tire shop scroungin' and beggin' for wheel weights and I could have just walked down the street and picked them up. What in the world was I thinkin'?
    I know you have had a hard time finding lead. You may want to check with roofers or handymen in your area about lead roof flashing and roof boots. Sometimes you can score there.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

lead score!

I'm fairly new to the whole thing and am with you guys now. Never pass an opportunity. I hit up my local dealership a few months ago for their bucket when I was in for service (all for the low cost of a case of beer). Decided to hit the locally owned auto shop in the small town next to us yesterday and they gave me their heaping 5gal no charge. Too hot to sort yet but reinforced the need to stop everywhere I can. Cost nothing to ask and worst case is they say no and your out a few minutes of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by StuBach; 07-13-2016 at 06:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast