Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: forming .25-20 brass

Boolit Grand Master

If you plan to do a good bit of forming, give David Davison, with CH4D a call , (740)397-7214 , and discuss with him what you want to do, he can fix you up with a set of case forming dies that would make the job a lot easier and with a better success rate.
    Dave knows dies and how to make them , nice guy too.

Oger , I think Dave may also have a die to take care of that problem ...give him a call.
    Gary

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Michel View Post
    Redding 25-20 form die, Redding extended shell holder, imperial sizing wax and a FL 25-20 sizing die with the stem removed. Use a standard shell holder with the FL die. Use in the order stated. Your scrap rate will be close to zero. I don't bother to anneal but it certainly won't hurt either.

This is the way I do it with Starline 32-20 brass except I anneal first. Then after I have all cases are formed to 25-20 I take them on down to 218 Bee.The necks come out a little short but for cast 225107 boolits at 22LR velocity they work very well.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    it has a pressure relief hole in the middle of the shoulder and when the mouth of the case hits it, it puts a crease in the neck.
    The case has too much lube on it that creases brass when reforming them
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    I've not fired my 23b in many years because of scarcity of ammo and relatively high prices when I have found it locally.
    I'm considering having an adapter made to use .25 ACP for small game.

The rifle is in excellent condition, minty bore.

As long as Grumpa is still pumping air and pumping case forming dies, ha. I will buy my 25-20 from him. I did crunch 3/4 wanting to learn how to form. With the right lube and a single stage Lee press( not a lot of money when you wear it out pumping it) ha. I did learn to suffer through a few and pull my kill rate down to just one every 15/20. Like I said, Thanks Grumpa. Your 25-20's are tops. They are ready to load when you get his. Happy Labor Day Grumpa and all on this thread.

Roy
    Hooker53