WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eye surgery

Banned

Eye surgery

Had my cataract removed yesterday. Blood pressure crazy of course before. I have the white coat syndrome even though they wear green. Wonderful people and when i talked to one nurse about fear, she said "we can change it to sterilization" Lot of laughing over that.
    Anyway I went with the laser thing and never felt it or the doctor's work. BUT, the machine comes down to the eye and then more. The tool they use to hold the eyelids open is pressed by the laser head and it HURT, like a fork stuck under my lower lid. No pain on my eye. It went well. Have fuzzy vision that is clearing, the feeling of a grain of sand under my lid is gone. No pain.
    They took me upstairs and kept the blood pressure thing going, dropped fast and she asked about my pulse, dropped to 44. Told her it is slow most times.
    My glasses are not good and I am starting to focus on things if I take them off.
    So many drops to dilate, it takes days.
    It was a joke when I seen the doc today about some can open eyes way far more then me. That metal thing is in the way.
    Can't wait to see and shoot again. Still have to take drops every 4 hours and kind of expensive to refill.

Boolit Master

Glad to hear you are recovering. Prayers and best wishes.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master
    I had the same surgery in both eyes last August. After the eye drops and the healing is complete you will be amazed at how well you see with out glasses. I only need them for reading.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    Wife had her cataracts removed from both eyes now she has 20/20 vision. Hang in there it gets better

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Will keep you in prayer

Boolit Master
    Cataract surgery is good! After more than 50 years of needing glasses to see any distance I now have the eyes of an eagle. Wearing glasses to read is a pain after all these years but it is liveable. Takes 2 weeks to a month to fully heal. then everything is wonderful. Enjoy your new eyes.

In Remembrance

Had both eyes done 15 years apart. Now thanks to modern medicne I must wear glasses to read anything smaller than 2" capital letters without glasses. Because of this need to wear glasses I now cannot shoot handguns with both eyes open without those glasses. I must return to closing my left weak side eye in order to use my right strong hand side for sight orientation. What really burned my rear was the assurances of 3 Dr. that I would be able to shoot the same as always in 2 months or less after the last eye job. I know 2 of these Dr. were handgun shooters already. Naturally they explained my problem as I was that 1 out of 100 patients that encounter this type problem! Hope your shooting doesn`t get affected like mine did.Robert

Boolit Grand Master

4 years later I'm still 20/15 and 20/20. After 65 years of 20/40, it's a miracle. No more giant sunburst around lights at night. I use glasses for close work, but don't really need them otherwise.
    44 man I hope you have as good a result.
    Hardcast, I'm truly sorry your outcome didn't make it to your expectations. Sometime life sucks.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

44man, What a Wuss! Good grief...
    Had my right eye done 2 weeks ago - left eye 1 1/2 years ago. Medicare wouldn't pay for the laser, so went with the knife. My surgeon is a good lookin' blonde, about 45 yrs old, and knows what she's doing. Doing OK after a little problem, that will delay a new prescription a week or so, but still seeing OK. Saw her today, and she's happy, so I'm happy - you will be too.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

I think you'll find gettin' it done will be well worth the effort. Four years ago, even wearing my glasses, my left eye qualified as "legally blind" because I'd had to delay cataract surgery for a couple years due to age-related macular degeneration (AMD) on that side. Once the AMD was under control, had the surgery on both eyes. This morning, wearing my glasses, my left eye tested 20/20(-) and right 20/20(+).

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Moderator Emeritus

44man, had mine done 4 years ago....colors are more vivid but I now need glasses for reading.....not for binoculars.....best thing I ever did and hope that you continue to improve.......Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    I had my left eye done due to cataracts. it's 20/20 without corrective lenses (still need prescription lens for right eye). So, I can take my glasses off, see distance with left eye, see up close with right eye. Natural bifocal!

Great news for you, bad news for any game!! Hope you have a quick recovery and get back to movin lead sir.
    Ill try anything once, twice if I forgot

Banned

Conflict with my glasses already. Have to close my right eye to see, right lens drove me nuts so i removed it today.
    Still have a conflict with off set and the magnification of the left lens.
    But I never seen white like I do now, the fridge is kind of yellow with my left eye but with my right eye I never knew white before. Things are larger from my left eye, hope I can walk around.

Boolit Grand Master

Hope your vision improves and things go well for you. I face the same thing in a few years probably.

In Remembrance

Hopefully when I get yanked off this world to `a better place` I won`t need glasses!Robert

In Remembrance

I had both eyes done five years ago and still better than 20/20.

Boolit Master
    My problem is not cataracts, at least yet. I went totally blind in my left eye about 2 years ago. I ended up getting a shot (with a needle) in that eye every month for about a year. Then two months, then three months, and this time it will be 4 months. My vision is 20/50 now and the doctor says that it probably won't get much better. That is still a lot better than blind.

The right eye is starting to cloud over with cataracts, but the doctors say that it is not time yet for cataract surgery. Vision is about 20/30 there now.

I have continued to shoot the Garand at one range, handguns at another range, and CAS monthly. My shooting is not quite as accurate as it used to be, but it did not fall off as much as I was expecting. If I take it slow, I can shoot almost as well as I did before. I have talked with several other people I know well at CAS and was surprised how many of them have vision problems of various kinds, too. It seems most everybody over 65 has some kind of vision problem. That doesn't stop them from shooting, and they seem to do well, too.

It's just the new normal.

Banned

I am 78 and had to have it done, fog I could not see through. Even a scope was sad. Then to get my drivers license renewed next year and hunting season this fall.
    I can actually watch TV now without glasses.
    I have to mention the super great people in the doctors office and the hospital. I would love to give them all a hug.
    Then to thank all of you that care.

Banned
    i wish you the best!!! in two weeks or a month you be like new.