Thread: Items needed....

Boolit Bub
    Lighter
    Mould lube
    Mould cleaners
    clean towel
    containers for bullets
    labels

PID will make your life easier I highly recommend.

I think you need 2 setups 1 for your smelting and one for your casting.

Smelting:
    Heat source - I used a Deep turkey fryer that I had
    Pot of some kind - Went to Salvation Army got a large SS pot for $8.00
    Ladle - $3.00 at Salvation Army
    Slotted SS Spoon $3.00 Salvation Army
    Ingot Molds - bought 2 new ones from FS Reloading less than $25 bucks
    Misc - Dry Saw dust Free from my Table saw (Pine is best), Safety gear Welding, gloves face shield, Leather boots, Respirator, Apron, wear cotton pants and long sleeved shirt if you do have a mis-hap the cotton will not stick to your skin and continue to burn like synthetic fabric. Again I had most of this. This is a BUDGET SETUP and made me plenty of clean cast able Ingots. Defiantly not the only way to do it!

Casting:
    I started with a Dipper setup but knowing what I know now I would buy a Lee 20LB bottom pour pot (again FS Reloading) 50-60 bucks, Lee Bullet molds of your choice, Lee Boolit sizer kits in your chosen Calibers, super cheap Single stage press (For seizer kits) Alox for lubing comes with seizer kits. Misc items safety gear gloves, eye protection respirator, I stole a couple of beat up cookie sheets 1 to put the Lee bottom pour pot in (incase of the Lee drip-omatic problem) and the second I lined with a wet towel to drop my new boolits into! Again this is a SUPER BUDGET SETUP!! And there are many other ways to do it. You can always spend more money! If your not in a hurry you can cruz any number of sites including here and Craigslist for used equipment. Please do not attempt any of this without reading your book and the minimum Safety gear!! I have WAY More into my Setup now because this hobby is addictive!! Another thing you need is lots of questions! I have never had a question someone on here couldn't answer and answer correctly!
    Last edited by Gliden07; 06-27-2016 at 12:27 AM.
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.