Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: LAR Grizzly 45 Win Mag ejector attachment

Boolit Master

LAR Grizzly 45 Win Mag ejector attachment

So I got an LAR Grizzly in 45 Win Mag....Awesome piece of kit but having baseball mitt sized hands, like mine, helps. So I'm taking it apart...it's almost entirely 1911...when I look down and see an ejector laying on the table. Hmm...I look at the Grizzly and it's missing its ejector...go figure.

I go to put it back figuring something has gone tits up with that itty bitty roll pin...nope. There's no roll pin. In fact, there's no hole for the roll pin. I look at the elector and there is no notch for said non existent roll pin to engage. Clearly, this was made to just sit in its holes and be affixed with red Loctite or the like. I've read of some 1911 makers doing this but I've never run across it and I've owned and taken apart a great many 1911's.

Anyone else run into this on specific makes? Is this the what the world is coming to? Loctite mounted ejectors?!..My GOD!
    Last edited by AbitNutz; 08-28-2016 at 07:18 PM.
    [

Boolit Master
    The ejector is not pinned so that caliber conversions can be made without extra tools... Full conversion kits came with barrel, recoil spring, magazine, slide-lock, extractor, and ejector that could be easily swapped over.

9MM Win Mag, 357 Mag, 357/45 Win Mag (Grizzly), 10MM, 44 Mag, and 45 ACP were some of the kits offered... Supposedly a 10MM Magnum and 41 Magnum were going to be available, but I can't ever remember seeing either of them.
    Last edited by cainttype; 08-26-2016 at 10:18 PM. Reason: add conversions